Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I HATE ON LINE CLASSES !
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: I HATE ON LINE CLASSES !
Lady of Jupiter
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
I HATE ON LINE CLASSES ! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 29
This is completly random; but I hate taking on-line classes. I can never get the teacher to reply to my e-mails about questions I have about a project that is due in two days. Tests are a nightmare! Instead of giving a review all the teaches tells us is to reread everything that was assigned from before the test. Which includes chapters in the book, discussion topics the whole class had to participate in, lectures that were written up by the teacher that we have to read and answer question on, and the links that were included in the lecture.

I am never taking another on-line class!!! How can some one learn anything on a subject in which they know nothing about without face to face help?

Thank you for letting me rant, it helped to vent a bit.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Wood
Pup
graphgraph
Re:I HATE ON LINE CLASSES ! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7
If it makes you feel better, the professor not replying to emails is a very common thing. MY mother is taking on-line classes and her professor takes over a week to respond to anything even when its an email clearly asking about a project due in a few days. I tried to take an on-line class in college for my Early Childhood Education degree and dropped it less than half way in, the professor was less than helpful and she was an actual professor on campus at a different school location. I did successfuly take an on-line class having to do with technical writing, but that professor was very on top of everything. Not to mention she would allow us to call her with questions in the daytime hours. From what I gather that professor in particular was unusual in her ability to teach on an online forum.
Keep in mind that on-line classes are not for everyone and some professors are just poor teachers anyway. Keep in mind that many professors are not trained to actually teach. They have an advanced degree in the field they are teaching and may occasionally attend workshops that make teaching "suggestions." There are many fabulous professors out there and maybe this time it is not working out. If all else fails you can keep venting here on Dokuga. We don't mind we all have our own 'soup box' things. Best of luck to you!

Logged Logged
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I HATE ON LINE CLASSES ! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 15
I tried taking my basic classes on-line such as writing, math and science.
It turned out to be a really bad idea since all three professor's never responded to e-mails, I missed project dates because they took so long e-mailing assignments. It got to the point of me having to go to the campus to the dean and bringing a stack of e-mails with me and well after everything I ended up having just to stop the on-line classes and go to the campus...but with two kids under the age of 5...it's hard.

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.