Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Have you ever had a review that...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Have you ever had a review that...
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Have you ever had a review that... 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 15
Makes you smile?

For the reviews I have gotten lately both on here and on FFnet, I have been all smiles. For awhile I honestly can say that I gave up writing fanfictions...I posted chapter stories one after another, and usually I got the scathing remarks from people who didn't even watch the series...even had a few people try to steal my work which sucks!

But thank you guys for all the love -huggles everyone-

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
BlueHeavensAngel
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever had a review that... 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 7
I've definitely gotten reviews that make me smile. Most of the time all my reviews make me smile since they're all usually so nice, but I'm sure a lot of that is because I only post here (It's too much of a hassle and i'm too lazy to post much on ff.net)

I'm glad you get reviews that make you smile. ^_^

Logged Logged

AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever had a review that... 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 23
Those are the best kinds of reviews, especially when one has had a terrible day and then gets a review that makes it better

Logged Logged
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever had a review that... 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 15
PRVN wrote:
Those are the best kinds of reviews, especially when one has had a terrible day and then gets a review that makes it better

Agreed. Also they are extremely good if no one else in your life understands why you write fan fictions lol.

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever had a review that... 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 29
As A Writer: I love getting those reviews! It really motivates me to keep going, espcially when those muses seem to flutter away for a little while. I also always appreciate when people send me PM's or say something in chat - it doesn't necessarily have to be in a review. Just knowing people get pleasure from my work, makes it all worth while. That said, I also really appreciate when a reviewer takes the time to give consttructive critisism so that I can become better. I figure if they are taking the time to HELP me, then they must really see something in my efforts, thats worth the energy it takes to give feedback.

As a Reviewer: There are very few stories that I just praise, without offering some constructive input, because I like to help other writers improve. I always try to offer praise and encouragement, because I wouldn't bother with a review at all, if I didn't think it was worth my time - if I didn't BELIEVE in the writer. Unfortunately, I've recently discovered that there are a handful of writers that dont appreciate it, and it rather bothers them, so I've made the point not to review theirs anymore. It still follow their stories, and enjoy them emensly, but there is no point in ME making the effort if it just upsets or offends them because thats NOT what I want. So out of respect, I don't review their works anymore.

Logged Logged
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever had a review that... 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 29
Many times.

Actually most of them will always make me smile, since when someone leave you a nice review, it means you reached out to them, and it always make me feel proud that I did it right. Also, I found that people are usually very supportive, and on bad days, as it's been mentioned, they really come to your rescue.

Logged Logged

knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever had a review that... 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 78
Same here, MoxyMikki. I've suggested that a writer find a beta a couple of times, and that was in situations where the story showed a lot of promise, and the only missing ingredients were grammar and spelling. I seem to recall that I gave (a certain fanfic author) a review like that on her first story, and she has gone on to be one of my all-time most admired authors! Other times, a story is so good, a little error that slipped by the author really stands out, and detracts from an otherwise flawless story, and I will point those out. I can see how a review that contains suggestions along those lines could be taken as overly critical or nit-picking, and I always hope that the author takes them in the spirit they were meant. I know when reviewers have pointed errors out to me, I have corrected them ASAP and felt sheepish for having committed them in public, not angry for having them pointed out.

There are some fanfic writers that I will not review, and they are the ones who find it necessary to respond aggressively to the most innocent of reviews. Usually, the responses are something along the lines of: "You moron! I explained that in chapter two! Dimwits like you should be eleminated from the gene pool!" or "I am a very important person, and I don't have time to reply to your dumb-a** questions." I think that, in cases like this, the reviewer should accept that they are dealing with an unstable personality, and avoid any further interaction, thus, no more reviews for that author.

Logged Logged
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever had a review that... 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 15
True so very true.

When I say scathing it would boarder loathing really. It was a reader from the DBZ site I used to belong to, I believe I and my story were labeled everything under the sun which was funny because she/he even said "Even though I haven't seen much of the series..."

I take heart if someone tells me what I can do better because in truth I love that and I do want to be a better writer...all the help I can get is welcomed -huggles to everyone-.

Logged Logged

Twilight Dawn
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever had a review that... 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
I enjoy reading reviews in which the person reveals they could actually picture and feel the emotions I wrote for that character. It pleases me to know my writing efforts is appreciated. Sometimes I read a review and get an idea to place in the story later on.

Logged Logged

Dragoness
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Have you ever had a review that... 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
I love those kind of reviews but I also love the critism. I have gotten many reviews that have offered things I should have done. Being a new writer I appreciate it and while some of the suggestions I don't agree with I seriously go over every suggestion and use that information to try and write better. I truly don't understand those who get nasty and offended. No matter where you are or what site you are on there is always someone who will have something to say whether it is good or bad. That is the chance you take when you put yourself out there. I have been fortunate enough to only get a few really bad ones when they are cussing and calling me a friggin idiot. The rest have been very nice and helpful with my MANY errors.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.