Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Tyler Perry's Movies(delete)
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Tyler Perry's Movies(delete)
Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Tyler Perry's Movies 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 5
Kitten wrote:
I'm a long-term, die-hard, and original fan of Tyler Perry...so stop me if I go a bit fangirlish. ^^;

In all honesty, I HATE Tyler Perry's movies. They are EXTREMELY poor renditions of his plays (after the movie, Madea's Family Reunion, he stopped screen-adaptions and started making whole new storylines for the films, but keeping the basic elements from the original plays of the same name), and I'm not impressed. BUT, of the movies, these are what I think of them:

Dairy of a Mad Black Woman - EXCELLENT transition to the big screen. It's still a favorite of mine, as far as his movies go. This movie has the least amount of tinkering as far as the script changes from play to film.

Madea's Family Reunion - An okay edition. I was disappointed with this one after the greatness of DMBW. Although, the performances were super, but the storyline wasn't the standard of Tyler Perry. It also had NOTHING in common with the play...which then becomes a major trend in his movies. But I do like this movie, and in this case I'm glad it deviates from the play...MFR wasn't my favorite of his plays. :/

Daddy's Little Girls - A TPP made strictly for film. I can't hate this movie. It stands on its own in Tyler's resume, just like 'A Family That Prays'. Plus, I loved Idris Elba in it. ;D

Why Did I Get Married? - The play version was on of my favorites. I wasn't disappointed with this one, though. It deviated enough from the play for it to stand alone, but it kept close enough to the original story that the theatre fans fell in love with it. Plus, I loved the characters Angela and Marcus that were added into the movie.

Meet The Browns - The play killed my ribs....the movie, not so much. At this point, Leroy Brown's antics were wearing thin on me, and the craziness (plus the poorly constructed plot) really convinced me that this was Tyler Perry's WORST movie.

A Family That Prays - Like 'Daddy's Little Girls', this movie has no play it's based off of...and I love it. I HONESTLY think this is the movie that convinced Oprah to go the 100% with producing 'Precious' with Tyler. This movie was just heartwarming...while still carrying a suspenseful plot that made you want to stab a few characters. xD

Madea Goes to Jail - I think this is Tyler's second worst movie, barely losing the title for "Worst Tyler Movie" to 'Meet The Browns.' The play had me laughing so hard, and it introduced Cassi and LaVan Davis (siblings), two of my favorite people that Tyler eventually gives them their own TV show (House of Payne). The movie, though..didn't attract me once Madea entered. There was just something about the way Madea was used in this movie that killed the movie for me.

I Can DO Bad All By Myself - THIS is my FAVORITE Tyler Perry movie to date. He OUTDID himself with this movie: the plot, the cast, the soundtrack (which he didn't release a separate soundtrack to purchase. CURSE HIS CREATIVITY FOR MAKING ME WATCH IT OVER AND OVER TO HEAR THE MUSIC!), and the acting had me coming back for more...and more...and more!

Why Did I Get Married Too? - A good sequel. Granted, the very end of it kind of hand me go "WTF? Was that even needed?", but the overall performances had me spiraling. Tyler was especially creative in Janet Jackson's role, for during filming, Michael Jackson died. So, being the amazing man Tyler is, he REWROTE the script for the Patty & Gavin characters in order to give Janet the much needed venting session she needed. It. Was. Phenomenal.

Again, I love the plays more than the movies, and I WHOLLY recommend getting his plays on DVD. A list of his plays are:
-I Know I've Been Changed (not available in stores. Tyler's first play tour)
-I Can Do Bad All By Myself
-Diary of a Mad Black Woman
-Madea's Family Reunion
-Madea's Class Reunion (one of my favorites)
-Why Did I Get Married?
-Meet the Browns
-Madea Goes to Jail (my favorite play)
-What's Done in the Dark
-The Marriage Counselor
-Laugh to Keep from Crying

Note: 'Laugh to Keep from Crying' just ended their tour, so expect the DVD either late this year (like December) or early next year.

Yes, I also very much enjoyed the plays. I gotten the second movie of 'why did I get married too?' One of my favorite scene in my movie in 'Moving day' is when the wife goes crazy and seeing the expression on the guys faces when they didn't even hear her come in and was right behind them. Now, that was priceless. Hell, it even that would scare the shit out of someone like that.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kitten
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Tyler Perry's Movies 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 2
I'm a long-term, die-hard, and original fan of Tyler Perry...so stop me if I go a bit fangirlish. ^^;

In all honesty, I HATE Tyler Perry's movies. They are EXTREMELY poor renditions of his plays (after the movie, Madea's Family Reunion, he stopped screen-adaptions and started making whole new storylines for the films, but keeping the basic elements from the original plays of the same name), and I'm not impressed. BUT, of the movies, these are what I think of them:

Dairy of a Mad Black Woman - EXCELLENT transition to the big screen. It's still a favorite of mine, as far as his movies go. This movie has the least amount of tinkering as far as the script changes from play to film.

Madea's Family Reunion - An okay edition. I was disappointed with this one after the greatness of DMBW. Although, the performances were super, but the storyline wasn't the standard of Tyler Perry. It also had NOTHING in common with the play...which then becomes a major trend in his movies. But I do like this movie, and in this case I'm glad it deviates from the play...MFR wasn't my favorite of his plays. :/

Daddy's Little Girls - A TPP made strictly for film. I can't hate this movie. It stands on its own in Tyler's resume, just like 'A Family That Prays'. Plus, I loved Idris Elba in it. ;D

Why Did I Get Married? - The play version was on of my favorites. I wasn't disappointed with this one, though. It deviated enough from the play for it to stand alone, but it kept close enough to the original story that the theatre fans fell in love with it. Plus, I loved the characters Angela and Marcus that were added into the movie.

Meet The Browns - The play killed my ribs....the movie, not so much. At this point, Leroy Brown's antics were wearing thin on me, and the craziness (plus the poorly constructed plot) really convinced me that this was Tyler Perry's WORST movie.

A Family That Prays - Like 'Daddy's Little Girls', this movie has no play it's based off of...and I love it. I HONESTLY think this is the movie that convinced Oprah to go the 100% with producing 'Precious' with Tyler. This movie was just heartwarming...while still carrying a suspenseful plot that made you want to stab a few characters. xD

Madea Goes to Jail - I think this is Tyler's second worst movie, barely losing the title for "Worst Tyler Movie" to 'Meet The Browns.' The play had me laughing so hard, and it introduced Cassi and LaVan Davis (siblings), two of my favorite people that Tyler eventually gives them their own TV show (House of Payne). The movie, though..didn't attract me once Madea entered. There was just something about the way Madea was used in this movie that killed the movie for me.

I Can DO Bad All By Myself - THIS is my FAVORITE Tyler Perry movie to date. He OUTDID himself with this movie: the plot, the cast, the soundtrack (which he didn't release a separate soundtrack to purchase. CURSE HIS CREATIVITY FOR MAKING ME WATCH IT OVER AND OVER TO HEAR THE MUSIC!), and the acting had me coming back for more...and more...and more!

Why Did I Get Married Too? - A good sequel. Granted, the very end of it kind of hand me go "WTF? Was that even needed?", but the overall performances had me spiraling. Tyler was especially creative in Janet Jackson's role, for during filming, Michael Jackson died. So, being the amazing man Tyler is, he REWROTE the script for the Patty & Gavin characters in order to give Janet the much needed venting session she needed. It. Was. Phenomenal.

Again, I love the plays more than the movies, and I WHOLLY recommend getting his plays on DVD. A list of his plays are:
-I Know I've Been Changed (not available in stores. Tyler's first play tour)
-I Can Do Bad All By Myself
-Diary of a Mad Black Woman
-Madea's Family Reunion
-Madea's Class Reunion (one of my favorites)
-Why Did I Get Married?
-Meet the Browns
-Madea Goes to Jail (my favorite play)
-What's Done in the Dark
-The Marriage Counselor
-Laugh to Keep from Crying

Note: 'Laugh to Keep from Crying' just ended their tour, so expect the DVD either late this year (like December) or early next year.

Logged Logged

Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
I wonder if there a problem with the website that cause this. I mean my thread was supposed to be on top not the other way around.

Logged Logged
Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Tyler Perry's Movies 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 12
Madea Goes to Jail - I laughed myself sick over this one, but in between the laughter there were such stark moments regarding questions of moral judgment, selfishness, unpunished wrongs done to others and how does one forgive? These are issues that only God can mend and it is a wonderful thing to see the characters turning to God for His help.

Diary of a Mad Black Woman - Watching Helen go through her anger, nearly going beyond the law to get her own back and then finally finding herself and healing herself through God's love was cathartic, to say the least. And I loved Madea set loose with a chainsaw.

Madea's Family Reunion - Okay, I loved it when Lisa takes the grits and frying pan to Carlos. I cheered. I laughed. I jumped up and down! But more important is the message of what family should be, how family members should support each other. I loved it!

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Rowdys girl wrote:
Madea Goes to Jail - I laughed myself sick over this one, but in between the laughter there were such stark moments regarding questions of moral judgment, selfishness, unpunished wrongs done to others and how does one forgive? These are issues that only God can mend and it is a wonderful thing to see the characters turning to God for His help.

Diary of a Mad Black Woman - Watching Helen go through her anger, nearly going beyond the law to get her own back and then finally finding herself and healing herself through God's love was cathartic, to say the least. And I loved Madea set loose with a chainsaw.

Madea's Family Reunion - Okay, I loved it when Lisa takes the grits and frying pan to Carlos. I cheered. I laughed. I jumped up and down! But more important is the message of what family should be, how family members should support each other. I loved it!

I very much enjoyed all of those movies. Specially, the ones I liked were meet the browns, A family that prey's, and I can do bad all by myself.

Logged Logged
Lady_Mist
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Tyler Perry's Movies 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 17
The Family that Preys- By far my favorite movie. There are so many messages this movie sends to its viewers; don't judge a book by its cover, beleive in your dreams and eventualy they'll come true (although you probably shouldn't steal money from your spouse to do it; just saying ). This movie was so amazing. I wish I had it on DVD, but unfortunately, I don't.

Logged Logged

Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Tyler Perry's Movies(delete) 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 5
Has anyone see one of Terry Perry's movies? I mean all of his movies are great and have somewhat of a meaning and what people go though. I really love all of his movies very much. Specially, Why did I get married and the second movie. The second one had a sad ending but it was really good. I have other favorites but the list goes on by his works.

So, if you seen one of his movies. Make a list of one of your favs and tell why like movie? Remember no short sentences has to be at least maybe three or more.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/11/16 20:32 By Inu-demoness.
Kitten
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Tyler Perry's Movies 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 2
Katrina wrote:
Yes, I also very much enjoyed the plays. I gotten the second movie of 'why did I get married too?' One of my favorite scene in my movie in 'Moving day' is when the wife goes crazy and seeing the expression on the guys faces when they didn't even hear her come in and was right behind them. Now, that was priceless. Hell, it even that would scare the shit out of someone like that.

Yeah, I cracked up at the beginning and end of that scene, too. Terry and Marcus were forever scarred, I think. I also love the quote "He just threw a ficus through the window!". The entire time I'm thinking: "Yes, he threw a ficus. Now hurry and grab his stuff!"

Logged Logged

Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Kitten wrote:
Katrina wrote:

Yeah, I cracked up at the beginning and end of that scene, too. Terry and Marcus were forever scarred, I think. I also love the quote "He just threw a ficus through the window!". The entire time I'm thinking: "Yes, he threw a ficus. Now hurry and grab his stuff!"

And you know what funny? I imagine Kikyou doing something like that to Inuyasha and every time I think of that I crack up. Though, Kikyou is not really a bad person and is always a clam and doesn't lose her cool but a lot of people make her into a villain in here fanfic. I guess there not enough villains for whatever plot their creating for their fanfic.

Logged Logged
Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Man, this thread needs to be fixed.

Logged Logged
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:Tyler Perry's Movies 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 25
I've only seen Diary of a Mad Black Woman. I worked in a movie theatre so I got to see it for free. I absolutely adored it and want to see other movies. I Can Do Bad All By Myself is the one I really want to see. My sis was supposed to bring it over a while back so we could have a girlie day, but our plans fell through, so it looks like I'll have to break down and rent it.

Logged Logged
Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
MomoDesu wrote:
I've only seen Diary of a Mad Black Woman. I worked in a movie theatre so I got to see it for free. I absolutely adored it and want to see other movies. I Can Do Bad All By Myself is the one I really want to see. My sis was supposed to bring it over a while back so we could have a girlie day, but our plans fell through, so it looks like I'll have to break down and rent it.

I hope you get the chance to watch the movie. It's really good but so is the first and second movie of 'why did I get married?'

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.