Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Stupid Apartment
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Stupid Apartment
Teana
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Stupid Apartment 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 10
I'm so sick of my apartment. Every week its something new. First I get the police called on me because my daughter decided to throw a fit and scream for 30 mins. (a short time for her) and they claimed I was abusing her. (I understand that the police had to come I really do I blame my stupid neighbors not them) Then I get 3 calls from our 'management company' because they heard my hubby and I having a discussion about our neighbors saying that they would press charges if it was done again. I'm sick of it. I can't even speak in my own home without it being turned the wrong way and me being in trouble. And to make it even better our lease isn't up for a year. kill me now
~Teana

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Stupid Apartment 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 78
I know exactly how you feel! Evil neighbors can make your life feel totally devoid of joy. It's just wrong. Maybe you could use the one-year lease as a kind of goal to work toward? Figure out your options, so that when the lease is up, you have a more livable option lined up? Maybe the police could issue a warning to the neighbors, that filing a false or frivolous police report is a crime? That's what the cops finally did to our neighbors when it became clear that they were using the police to harass us.

Logged Logged
kori
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Stupid Apartment 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 5
Sweetie, I will tell you what the cops told us to do here because as I have stated before we have the neighbors from hell as well. Keep a log book of everything they say to you, do to you, but do not no matter how much you wish to, do or say anything back to them. You said the management company said they complained, how do they know what was said in your apartment? Were you talking on a balcony, or were the windows open, if not then that is very suspicious. Do you know any one in law enforcement you can have come over in plain clothes and talk things through,or even any one who is an attorney? Test a theory, have a witness come over, make sure all doors are closed, windows etc.. then have a discussion, and see if what you say is repeated to management, by having someone ie cop, or attorney present, it provides witness that it was spoken in the privacy of your home, and not loud enough to be heard without a listening device which no matter what is illegal.This happened to a friend of my brothers, the people next door had lived in the apartment forever, and when they moved in things that were said or done they knew about and had no way they could have known these things. The friends dad was a active FBI agent and he checked things out and found camera's, and mics ran through the walls that the apartments shared. I am not saying that is what happened here, but it is odd. As for your daughter crying and pitching temper tantrums, if she does another one, set up a video camera, or even web cam and record the entire incident, proof you did nothing. One thing discuss with a dr about the tantrums, because it might be something healthwise. My son has autism and when he was younger he would have horrible tantrums called meltdowns, they would come out of no where and seem to be triggered by nothing. After being diagnosed we realized that it is part and parcel to his disorder, and if she does indeed have a health issue they can't evict or do anything about her tantrums because then it becomes about her medical condition. We have cards we carry about our son's issues for when he does it in public. Good luck and the best thing you can do is keep documenting make your own complaints, and if you have to break the lease, if they take you to court then you have documentation about the neighbors and management making a hostile living environment and that is grounds for breaking a lease, if you can take a copy of your lease to an attorney and see if they can help you find a way to legally break the lease. Good luck darling, we got lucky the evil neighbors here are all in jail except one because of their actions, and they are in the process of being evicted.Hopefully the next people are better neighbors.

Logged Logged
Teana
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Stupid Apartment 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 10
I was decussing things in my bedroom. No doors were open and (since it happens to be 100 degrees outside) no windows were open. It's horrible. I've already started documenting EVERYTHING. As for my daughter, we already talked to doctors about it. She's just being a toddler. My hubby just keeps telling me that we are doing nothing wrong and they have no proof to which to evict us so let them blow hot air. What really makes me mad is I keep getting calls from the girl below us telling us to keep it down, but I've never given her my number. She works at the desk and got into our info to get my cell number. I think its crap. Why the heck could she knock on the door? But no she has to use her power of working here to threaten me about regulations and such if it happens again.

Logged Logged
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Stupid Apartment 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 51
Look at your lease, most leases have disclosure agreements saying they will only use your information for certain purposes, they'll only enter for specific reasons, etc.,

Like according to my lease, they can only use my information for administrative purposes but will surrender it to law enforcement if asked and can only enter the apartment in the event of eviction, fire, or emergency.

If someone who works there is abusing the info, it might be against your lease. Your management company is responsible for what their employees do with information they're given. Maybe you can get out of your lease and find a better place with hopefully thicker walls and a better management company.

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.