Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Just lost a pet tonight...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Just lost a pet tonight...
Saide
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Just lost a pet tonight... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
We just lost one of the pets in the family. She was a present from one of my dad's workmates, she's a Persian/Siamese mix. Her name's Snowie...

We have a strong guess that it's one of the security guards that roam around our village every night. He goes around the neighborhood in his bike...

We let het out with Squeekie (our other cat) to do their business, my mom was the one watching while burning newpapers with dog poop, I was helping out my brother with his thesis. An hour passed then my mom was calling me cause Snowie wasn't back yet, Squeekie was the only one who came back, I was at the terrace holding Squeekie then I saw a white thing outside our house near the car, I pointed that out to my mom then my mom was freaked out...she was already dead when we saw her...she got a tire track on her stomach. Well...she was raised indoors so her kitty reflexes aren't that developed and she was just starting to get the hang of it then some jerk has to run her over like that...

I swear karma is going to eat the guy who ran her over. I wish he gets fired immediately. D:

Here's a photo of her...taken yesterday, fresh from her bath .

The whole family is sad right now...I was crying while holding Squeekie the whole hour...

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Ely
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Just lost a pet tonight... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 17
I'v had pets die before as well. it's such a horrible feeling. im sorry about Snowie, i hope she can rest in peace

Logged Logged
Daniella
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Just lost a pet tonight... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 22
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Loosing a pet is just like loosing a family memeber in my opinion. I send all of my best thoughts to you and your family in this difficult time. *Huggs*

Logged Logged

Saide
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Just lost a pet tonight... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
I can accept if pets die a natural death, it hurts to accept if they die from an accident...
And thank you very much...

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Just lost a pet tonight... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
I am so sorry for your loss, sweetheart. Your cat was beautiful and, no doubt, thoroughly loved!!!

The loss of any family pet is tragic, whether they leave us via shocking accident or old age, whether we've had them weeks, months, or many years. It is NEVER easy, I can tell you that. The sadness lingers and it takes a while sometimes to open one's heart to a new furry, feathered, or scaly friend.

My son just lost his cat last week, after having and loving him for 15 1/2 years. We made the decision to let him go, but it was a heartwrenching one for me (as the 'mom') and for him, as this was the first and only family pet he's ever had such a connection with. My big, strong boy was sitting there, petting his kitteh with tears running down his face before the vet arrived to help us let the cat rest peacefully. I'm still crying as I type this.

So, please know you are in my thoughts... your loss is tragic, but I would strongly caution that, in the future, you never let your beloved friends outside except on a leash. We live in the country, but we instituted that rule and it's served our pets well.

Again, I'm so VERY sorry for your loss. Know that your darling Snowie will be there, waiting to greet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Kerii
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Just lost a pet tonight... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 4
I am sorry that happened. I also have a rue about my pets beig outside. However, that does not always help. I had 2 cats long ago that were siblings. They were inseperable. One night they were running around and one jumped on a speaker. The speaker fell on the other. Rikki was never the same after her sister died. Now as saddened as I was, I worried more about my daughter. She had just started crawling. I thougt of all the what if's. From then on, nothing that could fall like that remained in my house. Losing a pet is tragic. No matter how it happens.

Logged Logged
Saide
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Just lost a pet tonight... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
Thank you guys for your kind words and encouragement.

She was just with us for 2 weeks and I miss her already. ;_____;

Logged Logged
Wood
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Just lost a pet tonight... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 7
Oh honey I am so sorry. It aches for months after losing a pet, specially when losing them so suddenly. I still think of the pet I put down for the sake of easing thier pain and that still hurts sometimes even 7 months later. I had him put to sleep right before Christmas. (So sick, nothing was helping.) Luckily for all pets they are greeted at heavens gate by your departed family where they spend the rest of etnernity happy and healthy. Remember the good times fondly and grieve for the loss. Wishing you a happier day tomorrow.

PS Karma has a way of giving people their just deserves.

I found after the tragic loss of a pet years ago that I may have lost my baby, put I would honor her memory by giving a lost pet a chance at a better life. If you believe in reincarnation you may get your Snowie back someday.

Logged Logged
Shae
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Just lost a pet tonight... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 3
That is so horrible, I am very sorry for your loss.

At the start of this year we lost one of our kitties, Stormy (a beautiful oriental blue). He had been on our neighbours driveway in the sun (their cats do the same thing) when some thoughtless idiot decided to back out and not look first (seriously, it takes what, 10 seconds to look and see if anything is there!). To make matters worse they were going to put him on the road and pretend that he died there (my dad saw them when there kids put him on the curb with a shovel). I have really bitter feelings about this, he was beautiful and had the most wonderful nature. I think he was about 10. We'd also lost one of our other kitties to kidney failure less than a week before (another horrible death...) And then our oldest, who was 19 died of kidney failure too a couple of months later.

We've had three cats killed by cars, and one by a dog over the years so when our beloved Stormy died I finally said that we should keep them inside and not let them out because I never want to see this sort of thing happen again. Thankfully I'm old enough now too that my opinion is listened to. So now we keep our kitties inside and built a closed in deck so that they do have an inside-outside area to run around. I find it so much less stressful not having to worry about anything outside hurting them.

So as someone else said, keeping them inside or only letting them out on a leash sounds like a really good idea. Give lots of attention to your remaining kitty and I hope you never have to go through anything like this again.

Logged Logged
Onliime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Just lost a pet tonight... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 10
My heart goes out to you. A few years ago we had to put my dog down cause he had bone cancer. He was a black lab and i'd had him from frist grade to tenth. but the cancer got so bad that everytime he stood up and walked one of his legs would brake. When we had to put him down even though we were prepared for it it was still very painful. I can only imagine how much worse an unexpected death is. I am sorry for your loss.

Logged Logged

INUYASHA\\\'S DOGGY EARS ARE MINE! I claimed them in The Claiming Game.
Banana
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Just lost a pet tonight... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 3
I'm very sorry to hear that. I witnessed one of my kittens getting hit by a car and after that I just couldn't bare the thought of having any of them outside.

She's so beautiful. I'm very sorry. RIP Snowie.

And it could have been an accident, maybe who ever hit her didn't see her until it was too late? They should have at least stopped though.

Logged Logged
Lady ky
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Just lost a pet tonight... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm so sorry about your kitty, the same thing happened to a cat of mine looked like your snowie too but black. its very sad when their gone.

Logged Logged

I have an alter ego and it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s a pain in my butt....
KyuubiPandoraChan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Just lost a pet tonight... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm really sorry to hear this. I would be sad if it happens to me too.

Logged Logged
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Just lost a pet tonight... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 29
I'm so sorry. I'm praying for you and your family to find strength in eachother through your loss. Take comfort in knowing that your kitty knew she was loved and is missed, but where she is now, she is chasing frisky mice, and has a never ending yummy supply of fish to nom.

Logged Logged
Tsuki
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Just lost a pet tonight... 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 7
I'm so sorry, that's terrible
I started to tear up when I saw that picture, such a beautiful cat,
I hope things get better for you and your family

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.