Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Life in the Feudal Era
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Life in the Feudal Era
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Life in the Feudal Era 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 56
Is there somewhere online that you've found that can give info about everyday life in Feudal Time Japan?
Just odds n ends, like what did orphan babies eat? What were some beliefs or superstitions at the time? Just odd things like that. I am plaining on writing another story and want to keep it ground in facts as closely as possible.

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I tossed it in here. Hope that's okay.

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Life in the Feudal Era 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 29
I'm not sure myself. I've added a couple sites I found... not sure if they are helpful. When doing research dont look under "Feudal Era" because it yields innacurate results... Look under the Sengoku era or Sengoku Jidai (warring states era). Best of luck... glad to see an author doing their research. I'll be on the lookout for your story.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sengoku_period
www.karate.com/article/view/do-you-really-want-to-live-in-feudal-japan---the-hazards-of-life-in-the-sengoku-jidai

Logged Logged
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Life in the Feudal Era 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 29
oh also, to answer your specific question about orphaned babies and what they ate... i assure you are talking about a baby that was still nursing. in this case most of these kids were left for dead, but if they had the good fortune of someone taking them in I know in other cultures today (i.e. third world nation specifically) they would either be given to a lactating woman (who may or may not even care for the child) or they may try to feed it goats milk, which is gentler and closer to human breast milk than bovine. good luck!

Logged Logged
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Life in the Feudal Era 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 56
Thanks for the info!

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.