Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Synchronicity
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Synchronicity
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Synchronicity 14 Years ago Karma: 78
synchronicity: 1. The state or fact of being synchronous or simultaneous; synchonism. 2. Coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related, conceived in the theory of Carl Jung as an explanatory principle on the same order as causality.*

*American Heritage Dictionary, 3rd Edition

Okay, guys, here is something out of left field:

"Ghost Hunters" is a show about a team of paranormal investigators who visit supposed haunted sites and investigate using high-tech equipment. The show is on non-stop just about every Wednesday night on SciFi Channel. My husband Dave is a retired USAF Jet Fighter Aircraft Maintenance mechanic, and often talks about working in big aircraft hangars. Most of the time he hangs out on the couch reading military thrillers while I work out or fool around on the computer. I was reading fanfiction one Wednesday, not really paying much attention to what was going on on the television. I looked up and saw the Ghost Hunters crew being given a tour of a ginormous hangar. I asked Dave what kind of hangar would be so huge. Without saying a word, he handed me the paperback book he had been reading. On the very page he was on at the time I asked him to look at the hangar on television, the scene in the book changed to a dirigible hangar in New Jersey. The pages the book were open to went into great detail about the facility. Damned if the episode of "Ghost Hunters" wasn't investigating the very same hangar that David was reading about in his book.

My view of the world is influenced in large part by the ideas of Carl Jung. Synchronicity is just one of his awesome concepts he wrote about. Anyone else care to share any stories of synchronicity?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.