Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
How did you pick your name?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: How did you pick your name?
CookieAsylum
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years ago Karma: 4
I can't really explain how I came up with this username.
Originally, it's the name for my DA account. My older username used to be "MoonFire-01", but I hated it because of all the old crappy art posted on that account.

So, I changed my name and I've stuck with this one ever since.

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Caliente
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 14 Years ago Karma: 1
I made this username on the night I spent screaming out Mexican words because we were having tostadas for dinner. My mother and my sister got involved and so 'Caliente' was what I was screaming the most.

Kinda bad I think because my usernames on other sites usually involved the word 'Lunatic in it.

Logged Logged
White_Youkai
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hum... Well, I was very, very interested in Inuyasha show and I really loved the Ice Prince. White_Youkai came about from our gorgeous Lord Sesshoumaru. I guess at the time I didn't know how to say "white" in japanese so I left it in English.

Logged Logged
Ink
Pup
graphgraph
My friends and I were joking around and they know that I hate to write anything in pen. So they called me any ink, which we all laughed about. I liked the name even though is was an oximoron. So know I use the name all the time online!!!

Logged Logged
theunknownchild
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
Mine was easy. It is my name

But my general user name is because fan fiction is a part of my life I keep separate from the rest of my life, and theunknownchild is my way of saying this is another section of me.

Logged Logged
Silly-Leaf
Pup
graphgraph
My name is suppose to represent that single fluttering leaf that falls off the tree your dozing under. The one that somehow, some way manages to land on your nose, and tickle it.

I also like plants, and have used various other plant related user names on different sites.

Logged Logged
Chalkbutterfly
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm a rabid FFVII fangirl, and rsa-sai- wrote a really sad, introspective piece from the viewpoint of a tragic, yet fairly minor character, called Chalk Butterflies. And I really liked it, found it really resonated with me.
So when I needed to pick a username for ff.net, I decided to use chalkbutterfly. I think it's also kind of a metaphor for life, how fleeting and fragile it can be, like a chalk butterfly that can be washed away by the rain or scuffed if touched, but it can also be brilliant and colourful and vibrant.
The fact that I read all that from the title of a one-shot really says something about me as a person and the amount of spare time I have, doesn't it? *sheepish grin*

Logged Logged
Phantomlogic
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 4
These are so interesting to read! I always wonder about the back story of some of the wacky names I see.

I have been using my name for about 8 years. It started when I was discussing common sense with one of my friends and she mentioned that she didn't like the term because common sense isn't common (I think that is a line in a fanfic too!!) So we tried to find a new name for it and ended up deciding that people with no common sense use phantom logic in making decisions. I laughed about the name for weeks before I decided I needed it!

Logged Logged
Sp@ceMonkey
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
My penname is actually a steal from one of my friends... and also myself, so I figured it was okay.

My bestie (who is an amazing and talented writer with no interest in Inuyasha, unfortunately) and I for years were planning to create a joint account on FF.net under the name "Sp@ceMonkeyStudios", but we never did it. When I signed up for Dokuga I was going to go with my usual penname-- L. M. Wilson-- but I decided I wanted something different, and I was feeling nostalgic for the awesome times of writing with my best friend... So I chopped off the "studios" and became "Sp@ce Monkey".

For those of you who have heard of Stargate-- We were going to call it Sp@ceMonkeyStudios because my friend was a dedicated J/D slashbunny... she thought "Space Monkey" would be a cute nickname for Jack to call Daniel. >.> So I guess I also chose it because she always tells me that I'm the Wilson to her House, the Daniel to her Jack, and the Batpod to her Batmobile. :3

So I guess my penname is really a tribute to my best friend... she's pretty awesome. <3

Logged Logged
Synyster Star
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 10
well im obsessed with the band Avenged Sevenfold, and my fave member of the band is Synyster Gates. But I like astronomy so star was ya.. just something that stuck Synyster Star

Logged Logged

banner made by me! Art was commissioned by me and done by Electrikfeather on deviantart.
FayeMegan
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 24
Mine is just my name = I'm not creative, haha.

Logged Logged
FurvusCorvus
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
i got tired of people picking names so close to mine. so mine of based off of my pen name I normally use so, my mine is latin for blackraven my pen name uses those which I have been using since 03'

Logged Logged
Hedda
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 12
Henrik Ibsen is one of my most favourite authors. Therefore I haven chosen a name from one of his characters. Hedda Gabler is a play that was published 1890 in Norway. However, neither the character nor the play itself is one of my favourites. I prefer others. But other names were already taken.

Logged Logged

Lonelylark
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
My name actually dates back about 7 years, when I was writing Pirates of the Caribbean fanfiction on another site (Obviously >.<). I had always been fascinated by the concept of freedom that Jack Sparrow's sparrow tatoo symbolized, and that is what inspired my name. Because, although we are surrounded by people, we are yet alone in the full force of emotion. And also because that kind of emotional freedom can also give one a sense of loneliness.

Logged Logged

PhoenixBlade
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
Hmm... well, my name came about because I've always had a fascination with the Phoenix. I was really into mythology when I was in elementary school and when I came across the Phoenix, I got interested because I really liked the idea of fire and rebirth that was associated with it... also, I was a big fan of Jean Grey from Xmen, especially when she was the Phoenix. Of course, the name was used by other people online already so I wanted to attach something to it and since I like swords, I wanted to just stick with it, but PhoenixSword seemed kinda weird to me so I went with PhoenixBlade and it sounded better. Strangely enough, some years later, I found out that there's an Inuyasha fanfic out there involving a Phoenix Blade. lol Guess someone beat me to using my name as a weapon. Oh well. They can have the weapon, I just wanna keep my name.

Logged Logged
Tiegrsi
Pup
graphgraph
It was really interesting reading about everyone's name stories! Mine's not terribly creative, but it's stood the test of time.

Tiegrsi : Tiger's Eye

Back in 1995 when I was 15 and first discovered the interwebz, my mom allowed me to make my own email account. For days I struggled over what I should call myself, since it seemed like a life altering moment for me at the time, lol! (Create your own secret identity online!) Finally I decided I just needed to pick something I liked...which included at the time tiger's eye gemstones and marbles. I tried spelling Tiger's eye about 21 different ways, but AOL kept telling me "that name's taken!"
So I tried a 22nd way...and lo and behold, Tiegrsi was available! So it stuck, and I've carried it with me through 5 or 6 different email accounts and countless website registrations. A lot of people (on many sites) have shortened it to Tie, Tigs, and even Tigger when they post to/about me. Most people don't seem to realise that I meant it to sound like 'tiger's eye', but I can't fathom changing it at this point!

Logged Logged
Shattered
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Somewhere around mid-2003 I hit a song that I really liked; Breathe No More by Evanescence. There's a lyric that goes "All the little pieces falling, shatter. Shards of me, too sharp to put back together." I turned that into "shatteredshardsofme" for a new email account, as the one I had was pretty overrun with spam somehow. From there it morphed into Shatteredshards, which then typically got shortened to Shattered, especially when I got into SecondLife. Where I used to do RP in SL, one of the admins nicknamed me Shatt, and it stuck.

I have a couple other lesser-used handles, but for the most part people know me as Shattered/Shatteredshards, so that's what I went with here.

Logged Logged
LoveNabokov
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
My first name "LoveIsAMovement" came from some graffiti at the beach, then I found out it's a Switchfoot song. No offense to any Switchffot fans but I hate them so I changed it to LoveNabokov because Vladimir Nabokov's writing is what inspired me to take up a pen in the first place.

<3

Logged Logged
Crescent Dreams
Pup
graphgraph
I could tell all kinds of fun stories about the various screen name's I've had, but since Crescent Dreams is the one I have on Dokuga, I'll just tell that one.

I used to roleplay/write fanfiction years back in the Inuyasha universe, and my most frequent partner/obsession was, of course, Sesshoumaru. Later on, when my online community pretty much disappeared after four years, I decided I wanted to make a new name for myself. I've always loved nighttime, and the moon and how beautiful it looks, and my favorite character had a Crescent on his forehead, so that stuck with me. The 'dreams' part was added on to my penname/screen name because of the potential the crescent represents in it's waxing phase and because for the most part, all of the ideas in my head were left there, as dreams. Also, I thought it sounded cool.

I use it everywhere, I even created an insignia for it in HS, but for the most part all my online friends/communities just call me Crescent, and for some people trying to be cute, I get called croissant.. silly people.

Logged Logged

Crescent Dreams
Brenna
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How did you pick your name? 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
Mine is my name.... but my Dokuga name is Neko_brenna and there is a funny story to it! Originally my username was Inu_youkai_brenna, and one time in chat when something happened and you couldn't change names someone asked me (i cant remeber who sorry ) Why is it that your icon is a cat but your name is inu. Well I thought that was hilarious and just ended up changing my name to match my icon in chat. It may not be as funny as some stories but I still think its kinda funny!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.