Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Sesshoumaru/Older Rin?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Sesshoumaru/Older Rin?
Trouble_In_Shangri_la
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Sesshoumaru/Older Rin? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 8
I have to admit that at first I was on the fence about this pair until I came across an incredible fic that has colored my view on how I view Sesshoumaru and Rin together. The way the story was told allowed me to see it like a movie in my head with Rin filling in with voice overs(as it was written in first-person). The author was inspired by my Flowers on the Moon and I think this story blows mine out of the water and into the sun

www.moonlight-flower.com/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=424 The Last Day by Cyndi

It's so controversial. It makes you squirm.

I laughed and I cried.

In the story, Sesshoumaru is terminally ill and is choosing to take his own life, but before he goes he impregnates Rin because he knows a hanyou won't catch the same illness. Inupapa fathered Inuyasha for the same reason (And Sessy doesn't want him taking over the lands Bitter much?).

The main thing that gets me with the fic is the author does NOT back away from the uncomfortable moments. You're there when Rin goes through labor and birth. You're there, watching Sesshoumaru suffer. You watch Rin watching him die, and it is not pretty.

The story overwhelms me. I felt like I should pass it on now that I've found it again.

Any other Sesshoumaru/Rin fans?

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Lilly Akame
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sesshoumaru/Older Rin? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 5
At first when I thought of Rin and Sesshomaru I thought it was like 'incest' but not really. I know there not related or anything, but I just saw Rin as Sesshomarus cute daughter.

But then I read one story and I totally fell in love with the pairing XD

So yes, I like Sesshomaru/Older Rin and that story sounds great!

Logged Logged
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sesshoumaru/Older Rin? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 47
I'll admit that I am not a big fan of Sess/Rin, especially for cannon fics. I have always viewed their relationship as more parent/child, rather than romantic. Then again, I wasn't always a Sess/Kag fan, either.

Anyways, I did read The Last Day because the basis for the story sounded interesting, and it is a very good story. It was very well written and so sweet and sad. And there were some scenes during Rin's labor that cracked me up.

Sess/Kag remains my favorite pairing, but if I run into more well-written stories like this, I can at least better appreciate the idea of Sess/Rin.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
Trouble_In_Shangri_la
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Sesshoumaru/Older Rin? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 8
CritterWhisperer wrote:
I'll admit that I am not a big fan of Sess/Rin, especially for cannon fics. I have always viewed their relationship as more parent/child, rather than romantic. Then again, I wasn't always a Sess/Kag fan, either.

Anyways, I did read The Last Day because the basis for the story sounded interesting, and it is a very good story. It was very well written and so sweet and sad. And there were some scenes during Rin's labor that cracked me up.

Sess/Kag remains my favorite pairing, but if I run into more well-written stories like this, I can at least better appreciate the idea of Sess/Rin.

I think only that author can get away with Sesshoumaru getting his bits tweaked without making it out of character. LOL!

What got me is the mention of what happened to his eyes after death, though. That was such a nice and accurate detail that made it feel more real.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/03/13 02:23 By Sesshoumarus_hair.

Myu
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sesshoumaru/Older Rin? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: -1
I never thought about those two being a couple but honestly its a great couple and i love the fan fic!

Logged Logged
Naraku
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Sesshoumaru/Older Rin? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 3
I have to admit, I HAVE read Sessh/Older Rin pairings in the past, but it's been a while. I'll have to read The Last Day sometime soon, maybe later today, if I can squeak around my boyfriend catching me read a hetero fic.. <<; He's yet to catch me read Sess/Kag. Maybe I can pull this one off, too. (:

Logged Logged

Trouble_In_Shangri_la
Whelp
graphgraph
It's worth it

Logged Logged

sweetest angel
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sesshoumaru/Older Rin? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 2
I admit that this pairing can introduce new endless possibilities for authors but personnally I still can't read a sess/adult Rin fic. I just can't put aside the image of father/daughter that always comes first in my mind when I think of those two characters. I'm sure that there are lots of good fanfics out there and I saw some quite good summaries too but I still can't read that...or at least yet. May be one day.
I will not forget the title of the fic you talked about. Who knows, maybe it will be of some use one day.
I will continue with Kag/sess only fanfic for now though! ^^

Logged Logged
Trouble_In_Shangri_la
Whelp
graphgraph
I find this quote quite telling in the fic, personally.

During the years that I came to know Lord Sesshoumaru, I never saw him as a father per-say. I honestly can not classify him as anything other than the man I love. I have always loved him...

I do understand. I walked into the fic with several doubts and came away with my mind blown in a good way. I love fics that make me think rather than just ending when the story does. <3

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.