Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Why Fan Fiction?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: Why Fan Fiction?
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 78
How I became obsessed with the anime "InuYasha" is a whole other story, which I won't go into here, but I didn't even know about the existence of fan fiction, until I came across a reference to "Tales From the House of the Moon" in a reader review for some InuYasha merchandise on Amazon.com. I googled "Tales From the House of the Moon" and discovered fan fiction, which quickly became an addiction. So how about you? How did you discover the world of fan fiction?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Beautifully Wicked
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 20
I was web surfing and found a site and dove head first in. No regrets whatsoever.

Snitches get stitches.

Logged Logged

Wicked knows all... watch her bounce

I claimed Jakotsu\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Sword in the Claim GAME!
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 78
Was fanfiction a surprise and a revelation to you, as it was to me? I had my own ideas about the whole InuYasha/Kagome/Kikyo triangle, and had actually come up with a storyline in my own mind, pairing Kagome with Sesshomaru BEFORE I even knew about fanfiction. It was one of those epiphanies when I found out that people actually wrote stories, REALLY EXCELLENT stories, that echoed my own private imaginings. I had never had an inclination to think too much about anything I saw on television before I came across InuYasha.

Logged Logged
Aimee Blue
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 22
I googled Kagome and Sesshoumaru because an AMV of Kagome Sesshoumaru popped up in my youtube account as 'suggested for you' from there i found FF.net and through that the other lovelies of the fan fiction world like Dokuga!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/02/05 14:54 By nowyouseemenowyoudont.

DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 66
How did I get into IY fanfiction? Well, it started on Mediaminer. I stumbled upon a DBZ/IY crossover fic. I was obsessed with DBZ fanfiction before Inuyasha. Since then, I've wanted to know all about Inuyasha.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
My introduction into fan fiction actually came from a Ranma 1/2 website. I was searching for a Ranma/Akane desktop theme and the owner of one of the sites I was looking at also listed her Ranma fan fiction and I started reading them. Spent the next 6 months searching personal websites to find more and eventually came upon ff.net. Once I had read all of the Ranma fan fictions that seemed interesting, which was right about the time I started watching Inuyasha, I moved onto those and was eventually lead to ASS and then Dokuga when it opened. Unfortunately I have no idea which was the first story I read as after reading over a thousand from that one fandom, only a few still stick out in my mind and I know none of them was the first one.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Beautifully Wicked
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 20
Yes Knifethrower is was exactly how you described it. To me thought it was like the heavens opened up and said, "It's all for you; enjoy!" And I do enjoy it. >:3.

Logged Logged

Wicked knows all... watch her bounce

I claimed Jakotsu\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Sword in the Claim GAME!
kori
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 5
i actually discovered fanfiction on one of my favorite authors site, her forums allowed fanfictions and i found fanfiction.net mentioned on it and surfing it i found inuyasha, and yuyu hakusho, and been a hopeless addict since.i always thought sesshoumaru and kagome were a better pair and when i found those , i am sad to say only read kag and sesshoumaru or some crossovers, cause youko is hot too. lol

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 156
When I was in the first grade of upper secondary, I met a girl whom I befriended. This person introduced me to anime and manga, and pretty much everything accompanying it. So it's all HER fault! She was the one to change my life, and for that, I'm eternally grateful to her. Well, this friend of mine was a huge SessKag fan, so I got introduced to the fandom right away - first by reading fanfics she linked me and told me were good, and later on, with her encouragement and help in evil plotting, began to write it myself. :3

Logged Logged
Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 10
So I suppose this makes me old...but I was into fanfiction before Inuyasha existed.

I got into it thanks to Phantom of the Opera actually. I have read many many a phan-fiction as they like to call the sub-venue of it. It's what got me into other fanfiction as a whole. I started out on a phan-fiction listing site and eventually found fanfiction.net where I still linger often.

Inuyasha has always been a large thing for me too though, obviously I have a thing for Kagome and Sesshomaru.

Logged Logged
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 47
I'll admit that I dabbled a little in fanfiction long before I knew what it was, and I had yet to discover Inuyasha at that time. My first introduction to reading fanfiction happened to be the first time I read an Inuyasha fic. I was surfing the web one day, looking for cool pictures of Inuyasha characters (especially Sesshoumaru) when I found one that was really interesting, and the artist said that the picture went along with his story on ff.net. Even though that story looked like it was going to be a Sess/Rin (it suddenly disappeared from the site before it was completed), I got hooked on Inuyasha fanfiction, focusing on stories with Sesshoumaru playing a major role.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
Bella
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 4
I some how stumbled upon a single spark the summer of my junior year. I would read for like 12 hours a day lol Fanfiction became an obsession immediately.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kouga\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\'s blue eyes!!
Quiet Whisper
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 13
I can't even remember when I started reading fanfiction... I do remember it was about Final Fantasy though and back in the day I was a HUGE FFVII fan (still am lol)... but as for Inuyasha fanfiction... well I started reading that about a year and a half ago and that's when I stumbled on the Sess/Kag pairing and after that I was totally hooked. It's been great, I've met a lot of interesting people and have read some amazing works of written art and don't regret it in the least (even though my friends in real life think I'm crazy)!

Logged Logged

Chaos
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 3
I stared reading fanfiction because I no longer had any money to buy books and I had gone through everything of interest at the library. So I thought 'There has got to be some stuff online that I can read for free!' And here I am now XD

Logged Logged
Ruriame
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 3
Chaos wrote:
I stared reading fanfiction because I no longer had any money to buy books and I had gone through everything of interest at the library. So I thought 'There has got to be some stuff online that I can read for free!' And here I am now XD

I actually kind of started that way too. I've always loved reading and found myself thinking that wen I was dissatisfied with a series ending or I loved something so much I wanted it to continue, I would always make all these scenarios or situations that are usually never completed but stay in existence enough to prey on my mind. It really kicked in when I couldn't spare the time to go to the library or buy books as much as I used to. I actually feel nowadays a lot of fanfitions hold my attention better than published original books.

I think I've been into fanfiction longer than I actually knew what to call it. I'd say it's been at least five years by now. For InuYasha, I ran into one episode a few years ago and was fascinated by it. I knew the series was over one hundred episodes so I told myself that one day when I had the time and felt like getting into an anime, I would watch InuYasha. I completed that promise a few months ago and was hooked.

If it's specifically about the SesshoumaruxKagome fandom, I got into it pretty much around the time I started my account on Dokuga (so right now maybe 4 months). I was lucky enough to run into this site very early into the obsession. The time was right too, I think, because right before this, I had gotten into 2 other major fandoms around a year ago.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/02/11 03:33 By Ruriame.
Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 12
I got into fan fiction after watching Inuyasha on TV. I went searching the web to see if I could find out how the story ended. Little did I know that it would be about 5-6 years until the manga ended. I stumbled on some odd little stories, I communicated with some of the writers and found A Single Spark and AFF.net and my addiction was formed. And now I find that I am drawn to Dokuga more because of the writers I've come to know than their stories, which I still love. But I have enjoyed seeing how my favorite authors have grown in their craft over the years and I am blessed that I am able to call many of them friends.

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
fallen
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
I found Inuyasha on Adult Swim and I was hooked, so I went online trying to find all things Inuyasha. I never thought about fan fictions until I stumbled on Adult Fan Fiction, then after I read a story from an author a really enjoyed I wanted to see what else they wrote and I found "Unworthy One" I was hesitant at first I thought the idea of Sessh and Kags was really odd, but after I read it I was hooked again! And I havent been able to read a Inu/Kags since lol!

Logged Logged
beckyducky
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 27
Honestly, I stumbled on Inuyasha through a quizilla quiz!! (lol that was so old!!) I had no clue who Inuyasha and Kagome were, but I thought it sounded really good! So I watched it and was hooked. My first inuyasha fanfic (for real) was Club Blue where Inuyasha is a stripper or something.... on mmorg. The rest is history.

Logged Logged

I claimed Goshinboku in the Claim Game~! trees rule.
Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 34
In all honesty, I started off writing Harry Potter fanfiction. A friend introduced me to the site and i kept using it. I was and still am a huge HP geek. Then my fave story i wrote got deleted off the site i was using and i switched over to Inuyasha fanfics.

It took me a while and weirded me out at first, the thought of Kagome being paired with Sesshomaru, til i started to read more and more fics on Spark and became an avid fan. So i gave it a shot writing my own and found it was something i liked to do eventually i wound up here at dokuga aft6er Spark was closed down and i don't regret a moment of it.

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
Hawk
Pup
graphgraph
Hm, I just joined this site, but i've been reading fanfiction for a while. My friend was the first one to tell me about, around...7 years ago, i think. She came to me with a printed chapter and told me to read it. The anime was Yu Yu Hakushou, im still into that fanfiction actually! It was....idk, but i remember i really liked it... being 12 and reading MA material, hehe, thats really all i remember of it... It was only aroundfour years later, i think, when we both found ASS, and the pairing Sessh/Kag.

But, around...3 years ago i started getting my imagination working, like if i watched a movie, i'd get ideas...And i loved Kagome, so, shes the main star of anything i write. I usually base her off of my 'friend'....whose now my girl friend! ~_^

Having fanfiction in common and being opposite genders can lead to a lot of fun! After all, fanfiction has a lot of things to try out in RL! lol

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 78
Another Dokugan Male! All Right!

Logged Logged
Twilight Dawn
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 5
I watched an episode of 'Inuyasha' on Cartoon Network and began hooked ever since. It wasn't until I read a story on an internet site that I came across the Sesshoumaru and Kagome pairing. I was immediately hooked and started to search for more stories like it on the internet. That is when I happened to find 'A Single Spark'. I was sad when the site went down, but was happy when 'Dokuga' began its era.

Logged Logged

Hawk
Pup
graphgraph
knifethrower wrote:
Another Dokugan Male! All Right!

Lol, I'm flattered!

Logged Logged
Scherherazade
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 12
I love fan fiction because you can make the story go however you want, change those pairings that just don't make sense to you, and tie up all the loose ends. It's just fun and I've found an abundance of really talented writers out there, with the added benefit that I can converse with some of them, through review and pm.

Logged Logged

Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Why Fan Fiction? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 31
Oddly enough, A Single Spark was the first kind of Fanfiction site, or even mention of it, I had ever seen. O.O I was role playing a Full Metal Alchemist/Inuyasha story on GaiaOnline (a two year lasting one), when a fellow role player pmed me about Sesshomaru/Kagome fanfiction. She, like me, said she wasn't a big fan of Kagome, but loved the pairing. She peaked my interests and sent me the link. Been big into fanfiction since, lol. ...Man, do I miss that role play, even if I was playing almost every single main character from both series-es.....

It's amazing how one finds themselves reading fanfictions.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.