Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Character look a likes?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Character look a likes?
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Character look a likes? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 23
really? when reading that manga, it was the first time that I had seen a character that pretty much looks exactly like another character.

I have seen characters that have some things in common(face shape and that sort of stuff)hmm interesting..

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/02/05 01:35 By PRVN.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Character look a likes? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 23
Have you ever found a character in a manga/anime that looks like another character from a different manga/anime that you have read before? I mean not just a little bit, like the same face style, but that actually looks like another character.

Or, have you ever seen an person in real life that looks like a character from a manga/anime?

The reason I ask this is because yesterday I was reading through this manga and came across a page where my first thought was 'Holy crap! that looks like Hiei from YYH!' instead of focusing on the actual story XD

This page:
www.mangafox.com/manga/tokyo_crazy_paradise/v07/c038/30.html

I was like so have any of you seen any character look a likes?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/02/05 01:23 By PRVN.
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Character look a likes? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: -666
Manga artists will frequently do homages to their inspirations. I know in the Rurouni Kenshin manga, the artist would have a section where he explained his character designs and their origins. He borrowed from X-Men (Gambit), Spawn and even Evangelion for some of his designs. It's less of a coincidence than you might believe.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.