Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Fear(s) and Phobia(s)
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: Fear(s) and Phobia(s)
Sesshoumaru's Fiend
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Fear(s) and Phobia(s) 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
I'm working on a few one-shot collection things, and the one I had in mind had to deal with fears and what phobias some people might have. I've done some research on general fears and whatnot, but I figured that some people may not be able to relate to some of the random albeit interesting fears.

In order to make the collection easily accessible content-wise to the Dokuga community, I wanted to ask everyone for one or two of their biggest fears.

For example, I'm terrified of clowns and butterflies .

So Dokuga - what scares you?

P.S. It doesn't have to be a tangible fear; like...you could have a huge fear of being alone for the rest of your life.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fear(s) and Phobia(s) 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 10
I'm terrified of heights, but as I fell three stories a few years ago and broke my back I figure I have good reason.

Logged Logged
Zadea
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Fear(s) and Phobia(s) 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 6
Spiders, public speaking, and people's feet.

Edit: I adore the feet of babies.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/20 00:56 By .

“Playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won\\\'t feel insecure around you.”

~Marianne Williamson
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fear(s) and Phobia(s) 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 14
Eh. The usual stuff... heights, dying alone, HOLY CRAP SPIDERS! I almost got into a car accident once because of a spider. My silliest fear, other than the spider thing, is getting lost in a big city. (It happened once in Detroit and it was a bad time that was hard to forget.) This complicated my trip to Paris because not only was it a big city but it was a foreign city and I didn't speak the language. When I first arrived I was terrified of not being able to find my way in the airport. My fear was pretty much silly nonsense. I found my way okay and once I got to my sister it all worked out fine. But there were some times on the plane when the anxiety was killing me.

Logged Logged
Bella
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fear(s) and Phobia(s) 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 4
Death, Dogs, Heights, Water. >:O
Spiders!!

Logged Logged

I claimed Kouga\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\'s blue eyes!!
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Fear(s) and Phobia(s) 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 23
chainsaws and Bees(wasps too). I'm okay with spiders, depending what type it is.

Logged Logged
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
PRVN wrote:
chainsaws and Bees(wasps too). I'm okay with spiders, depending what type it is.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! I HATE wasps! We had an infestation of paper wasps above our bedroom window on our apartment building. I spent this entire last summer in deathly fear that the little stinkers would find a way in.

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Fear(s) and Phobia(s) 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 23
Noacat wrote:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! I HATE wasps! We had an infestation of paper wasps above our bedroom window on our apartment building. I spent this entire last summer in deathly fear that the little stinkers would find a way in.

Ahh yeah, there are always bees/wasps on my house somewhere. A few years ago before winter they all seemed to come into my room(one way or another) and I would freak out and get one of my family members to catch them and take them back outside(because I couldn't do it) Luckily, they haven't come in since that one year. But there would be three to four bees in my room at once. I was even more paranoid when I got my ferrets because if they got stung it would be bad >.<

Logged Logged
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Fear(s) and Phobia(s) 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: -666
Hmm... I loathe shots/needles and when I have to get one, I can't watch. I think it's the idea of being stabbed. It really rubs me the wrong way.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Lady Orrin
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fear(s) and Phobia(s) 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 13
Spiders just creep me out and when I was little I saw 2 min of jaws (the one where it bit the power wire) and have feared them ever since even though the rational side of me knows there are not many people eating species out there (only 5/250 species do) once on spring break my friend made me go out into the water at Ft De Soto beach near Tampa and a little 5 in reef shark swam around my ankles. Instead of going ooooo cool I said where a baby is there be momma sharkie too and got out. - am not to keen on drowning either

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/20 01:30 By lady orrin.

When all else fails...read the directions.
laenfante
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fear(s) and Phobia(s) 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 11
Spiders - had a friend nearly die of a brown recluse bite. Nasty things.

Falling - I have VERY bad vertigo, and am a klutz to boot. The Marriott in Atlanta gives me nightmares.

Being abandoned.

Logged Logged
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Fear(s) and Phobia(s) 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 31
I'm afraid of heights, getting lost/left alone/forgotten somewhere, maggots, sharp things near my head/eyes. I used to be really afraid of the smell of beer (and anything or anyone that had the smell). I still am at some level, but I don't have panic attacks because of it anymore. Other alcohol smells don't bother me.

I used to be afraid of spiders, but they found out somehow and the freaking things would come after me. Dropping on me, running at me, every bloody day. I got over the fear because it took too much energy to be run away screaming. Honest *girl scout salute* Now, I'm convinced Daisy (my hubby's pet birdeater) is adorable and able to do "puppydogeyes".

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/20 02:52 By phishbon3s. Reason: forgot one

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

Tally Mark
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Fear(s) and Phobia(s) 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 18
I fear telephones, people, and emotional intimacy.

Logged Logged
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Noacat wrote:
PRVN wrote:

My friends house would be a nightmare for you two. His house is constantly infested with ladybugs and wasps. EVERY - FREAKIN - WHERE. Seriously, you have to shoo them out of your food. Every step you take makes little crunching sounds. They can't get rid of them. And the wasps have never attacked them! Egad!

Logged Logged

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”

Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
phishbon3s wrote:
Noacat wrote:
PRVN wrote:

My friends house would be a nightmare for you two. His house is constantly infested with ladybugs and wasps. EVERY - FREAKIN - WHERE. Seriously, you have to shoo them out of your food. Every step you take makes little crunching sounds. They can't get rid of them. And the wasps have never attacked them! Egad!

I could deal with the ladybugs but the wasps... I'd have to wear one of those bee-suits and then maybe sit in one of those tent things with the net sides and a HUGE can of Raid.

Logged Logged
Sesshoumaru's Fiend
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fear(s) and Phobia(s) 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
@phishbon3s

After I read your post, I had no idea what a birdeater was. After a quick Google Image search I physically shuddered. You are so much braver than I am. I would scream and cry if I was married to a man with a tarantula.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas!! Keep 'em coming!!

Logged Logged
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Sesshoumaru's Fiend wrote:
@phishbon3s

After I read your post, I had no idea what a birdeater was. After a quick Google Image search I physically shuddered. You are so much braver than I am. I would scream and cry if I was married to a man with a tarantula.

Guh. *shivers* I googled when I shouldn't have googled. I'm gonna go weep in a corner now.

Logged Logged
Sesshoumaru's Fiend
Pup
graphgraph
Noacat wrote:
@phishbon3s

Guh. *shivers* I googled when I shouldn't have googled. I'm gonna go weep in a corner now.

My thoughts exactly. I can't seem to stop shuddering occasionally when I think about it...crawling all over me. All...big and spider-y. Ugh...

Logged Logged
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Noacat wrote:
@phishbon3s

My thoughts exactly. I can't seem to stop shuddering occasionally when I think about it...crawling all over me. All...big and spider-y. Ugh...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww! *does the icky spider dance*

Logged Logged
JessiCeleste89
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Fear(s) and Phobia(s) 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
I fear falling to my death. Why, because its just scary and I rather my death be peaceful or quick.

I have one phobia. I think it came when I was little when I was playing outside with some friends. I fell on the ground right on two bummble bees. And stung the crap out my stomach and and the other stung my cheek on my face. Ever since then when a bee is around I got really freaked out.

Logged Logged

~~~I claim Inu No Taisho\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\'s eyes~~~
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Noacat wrote:
@phishbon3s

There are many species of birdeater, ours is the 2nd largest. A brazilian salmon pink birdeater. She is the barely the span of the palm of my hand (about 6 inches), but in the next few years she should be cd sized. And since ours is a female, she will live 15 to 20 years (compared to the 5 years of a male).

This breed is fairly docile. And Daisy is cute as hell. Weird to say, but I've had some cute snakes too.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/20 03:51 By phishbon3s.

phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Noacat wrote:
Noacat wrote:
@phishbon3s

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww! *does the icky spider dance*

Sorry about giving you the wiggles, Sesshoumaru's Fiend and Noacat. sorries *whimpers*

At least I drew the line at getting another one, he wanted me to breed them. It's a good way to make money, cause the spiderlings go for $50 each, more as they get bigger. But, I would not be able to feed a 1000+ spiderlings and the fruitfies you have to feed them gave me the hebegebees.

But is is funny to watch one dot attack another dot.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/20 03:47 By phishbon3s.

Sesshoumaru's Fiend
Pup
graphgraph
phishbon3s wrote:
Noacat wrote:
@phishbon3s

There are many species of birdeater, ours is the 2nd largest. A brazilian salmon pink birdeater. She is the barely the span of the palm of my hand (about 6 inches), but in the next few years she should be cd sized. And since ours is a female, she will live 15 to 20 years (compared to the 5 years of a male).

This breed is fairly docile. And Daisy is cute as hell. Weird to say, but I've had some cute snakes too.

The size of a CD?! Oh, man. It's like a real life version of Jumanji.

I agree with you on the snake thing. Some snakes are cute-ish...for a snake. Except when you accidentally step on them in bare feet. In the grass. And they spaz and flick up and whip you on both sides of your leg up to your knee. Then they get creepy again. True story. Happened to me this past summer.

Even baby spiders give me the creeps. Not because they're creepy, but I just think of when they grow up. They go from tolerable little specks to (Jaws theme song) spiiiiiders.

Logged Logged
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Fear(s) and Phobia(s) 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Fears huh? Let's see, now I know you want just the biggest fears but mine are all pretty equal, spiders, snakes, heights, flying, water, the dark, needles, hospitals, meeting new people or going new places, going anywhere by myself, public speaking, everyone who drives, fire, stairs, boats, closed in spaces, open spaces, elevators, shadows, walking at night and any white male walking behind me late at night. And I'm white too so I'm not being prejudice here, but I learned many years ago that unless it is a hate crime you are more likely to be attacked/mugged by someone of your own race.

And I can walk by any big, burly black guy, black is politically correct since I am in Canada, without a care in the world, but easily get scared by a skinny, weak, white guy who's not even paying any attention to me. Plus I am extremely paranoid so I get freaked out by the 'faces' I see in my flower curtains and noises only I can hear in my apartment. I think that's all of them...

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Sesshoumaru's Fiend
Pup
graphgraph
What do you mean by 'water'? Like...open water like the ocean or a lake?

Logged Logged
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.