Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Romance?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Romance?
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Romance? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 23
Everyone(or almost everyone) likes to read romance in stories.

However, my question is:

Do you prefer when romance happens at the beginning of a story(right away) or do you prefer to wait and see the characters grow, and their relationship grow before they get into a romantic relationship?

For me, I think it depends on the story. If the characters start off as strangers, or merely acquaintances. Then I prefer that they get to know each other and grow together and for their relationship to eventually grow into a romance one. I just dislike it when characters meet, and after talking for a few moments they are like 'Oh my gosh, I love you so much. You are my soul mate!!!'

However, if the characters have known each other for a couple months to a couple years(or are already together, good friends, those such things) Then I'm fine with them having a romantic relationship as the story begins(It also helps if the Author(ess) shows some of their background as the story progress' too.)

What about everyone else? Do you prefer romance right away, or for it to take some time to develop?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/10 07:34 By PRVN.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Shae
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Romance? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
Hmm, I think I like to see the relationship develop over time more. Though as you said when explained well the other way can work nicely too.

By seeing it develop you get to witness all the ups and downs of said relationship, I'm an angst/drama fiend and love seeing characters go through hard times before they get to the good stuff (I know, so mean XB )

Logged Logged
Lady Orrin
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Romance? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 13
I usually like it when it takes some time to develop. There are stories though that the quick way works with the plot. There was a story I read, A First for Everything by NivalRose, where the premise behind the story is that they met at a bar and it was a one night stand. The remainder of the story deals with how the moves from a one night thing into a relationship.. Kags was an author, Inuyasha her agent and Sess was the owner of the publishing company. There was a sequal to it. Anyway...the plot worked.

So, relationship development is my prefered romance types, but good exceptions to the rule are always welcomed and random one-shot of lemony goodness are always welcomed.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/10 12:29 By lady orrin.

When all else fails...read the directions.
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Romance? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 40
I prefer romances that happen after a considerable amount of story happens. It's enjoyable to see the characters grow and see how their relationship develops. I think it's more natural and believable that way.

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Romance? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 25
Even though my stories usually take the opposite route, I love something long and drawn out with pretty powerful ups and downs. To me, it makes the tale seem much more realistic.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.