Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Dokuga Recipes
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Dokuga Recipes
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Dokuga Recipes 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 216
OKay since holidays are a few days away this is for anyone who wants it.
R0o wants you to put your Recipes , that your willing to share,
in recipe formatting, to share with Dokuga.

Other Dokugan's, please keep in mind that if you make this its still on you
in the end, b/c you actually made it! This is a serious thread, not in
the sense of sternness but in the sense that i dont want it to be all Jokish.

So I'll start off.

Chocolate or Fudge covered PB sandwiches.

Need:

-one box of Any-brand, but r0o likes RITZ best, crackers.
-one jar of creamy, Any-brand Peanut butter
-melting fudge or melting chocolate...something like 'baker's chocolate'
-waxed paper
-food coloring if you get white chocolate/white fudge
-pots/pans needed to melt. Follow those directions form the package folks.
this is supposed to be easy.

Prep:

-Take Crackers, and PB and make sandwiches til you get tired of doing it.
-Melt chocolate next.
-Make sure you have out large space to set them ready with waxed paper.
-dip sandwiches in chocolate/fudge, and coat thoroughly.
-places on waxed paper, and allow chocolate to cool.
-if you get creative, melt chocolate of different kind, ie, if you used
milk/dark chocolate, to cover, then melt white chocolate to decorate.

Note:
i've done this as a family thing before so i have no idea how long
it takes to do all this, but i had fun making and eating them. they come
out something like those new fudge crackers that RITZ just put out.
but in the long run this might cost you $10 total, to make 40+ c0okies.

This is how they tend to look afterwords:

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/12/23 03:15 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Recipes 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 78
Those look very cute and festive, R0o, not to mention delicious. Here is the best recipe for cut out Christmas cookies I have ever found in 40 years of collecting recipes:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees f. Grease as many cookie sheets as you have. You will need a standard rolling pin and cookie cutters. If you don't have cookie cutters, use a small can or jar to cut out round cookies...

Cream: 1 cup butter, at room temperature
Beat in: 1 cup granulated sugar
Beat in: 1 cup sour cream (Daisy brand is by far the best...)
Beat in: 3 egg yolks

In a separate bowl, sift together:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder

Mix dry mixture into creamed mixture, one third at a time until thoroughly incorporated. Dough will be VERY soft.

Chill dough for a couple of hours to overnight in the refrigerator

Roll out on a huge amount of flour, or it will stick. Make sure flour is under and on top of dough, which will incorporate a bunch of this flour. Roll out fairly thick, and cut with floured cookie cutters. You should be able to reform the leftover dough into a ball, and cut repeatedly until it is all used up. Each subsequent time you roll it out, it will lose tenderness, however.

Place cookies with an inch between them on greased cookie sheets. Spray each cookie lightly with butter flavored cooking spray, or if this is repugnant to you, prepare an egg wash and brush the tops of each cookie. Sprinkle with colored sugar or sprinkles. Bake at 350 for 11 minutes. Monitor the cookies, watching for the bottom edges to brown slightly. Do not bake too long! The idea is tender, cakey cookies! Allow them to cool slightly before removing them from the baking sheets, or they will break.

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Buckeye Balls

(Those chocolate-covered peanut butter balls...)

You will need a stove top and a counter top with a lot of waxed paper laid out for setting the peanut butter balls on, in the process of allowing the chocolate to firm up.

Cream 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
Beat in 2 cups creamy OR crunchy peanut butter
Beat in 3 cups of powdered (confectioner's)sugar, one cup at a time
IF DESIRED, stir in 3 cups Rice Crispies cereal (it will stay crisp if you choose to add it, but it is strictly optional)

Roll by hand into approximately 1 inch balls

Chill until firm

If you have a double boiler, fill the bottom with water and get it boiling on the stovetop. If you do not have a double boiler, find a medium (about 2 quart) saucepan, and a second pan or heatproof bowl that will fit on top without falling off.

Melt 1 bag of chocolate chips in the top of the double boiler (whatever kind of chocolate chip you prefer, milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate, cheap or expensive brand...) with one-third of a bar of parafin wax (this may be found in the canning section of the grocery store, and may bear the brand name Gulf Wax. Don't worry, it is perfectly edible...)

I avoid using the microwave to melt chocolate. The microwave gods dictate that while sometimes you can melt chocolate in the microwave without harming the texture, it is problematic. Besides, melting wax in the microwave makes me nervous...

Using a toothpick, spear a peanut butter ball and dip it in the chocolate, twirling it to coat all but the area right at the top of the ball, which remains bare. If I am making both creamy and crunchy versions of this candy, I like to take a half a peanut and push it halfway into the top of the candy, to indicate which are crunchy. It looks pretty cute that way...

Lay out on waxed paper and give the chocolate time to cool and become firm, at which time you should be able to easily peel it off and put it in a box...

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
This is the best cookie recipe of any kind I have ever come across, it is like rich little individual pecan pies, but not so unbearably sweet...

Pecan Pie Cookies

Muffin pans with tiny little cups are available at some kitchen stores and through The Pampered Chef. You can buy a little wooden pestle, which you can press into dough balls to make little "tassie" crusts. If you use these muffin tins, you can create actual little tassies, or tiny pies. THOROUGHLY grease the cups each time you fill them. The dough is sticky! Form the crusts, and fill with filling, then bake until the tops of the crusts turn a bit brown. Do not overbake, or they will be crispy, or underbake, or they will be hard to remove from the pans. Cool thoroughly before attempting to remove from the pans, carefully using a bread knife they should "pop" out...

If you do not want to invest in mini muffin pans, you can use regular cookie sheets. Rather than make a little pie crust, roll the dough into 1-inch balls, place about 2" apart of a VERY well-greased cookie sheet, and bake for 6-7 minutes. Remove from oven, and put a small ball of chilled filling in the middle. Return to oven and bake for 6 to 8 additional minutes. Let cool before removing from baking sheet...

Dough:

Cream 1 cup butter at room temperature
Beat in 1/2 cup granulated sugar
Beat in 2 egg yolks
Beat in 1/2 cup dark or light corn syrup
Beat in 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Cover dough and chill a couple of hours to overnight

Filling:

In a 2-quart or larger saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Stir in 6 Tablespoons dark or light corn syrup and 1 cup powdered (confectioner's) sugar. Cook over medium heat until bubbly. Stir in 2 cups of chopped pecans. Chill.

Logged Logged
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Recipes 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 29
I'm sure a lot of people know this one, but I'll put it anyway, since there's on my mind, because I did some yesterday

Cake Cone.

You will need;

-Ice Cream Cone (with the flat bottom) ~ Max around 35 (if you use one full cake mix)
-One Cake Mix
-Cake Icing/Whipped Cream
-Marshmallow, Chocolate Chip, or Sprinkles (Or whatever else you want to decorate them with).

Prepare the cake mix as indicated on the box, and then, fill your ice cream cone up around 50 oz, or just stop before where the cone gets larger. Fill as many as necessary, or wanted. Then, put them either in a muffin pan, or a regular flat pan (Don't worry they won't fall, even if nothing hold them).

The oven needs to be about 350 to 450 F. Depends how your oven works, since the temperature changes sometimes. Leave for about 25 minutes, but check them once in a while, they might need more or less time.

When they are done, take them out, and let them cool before you decorate them or your icing/whipped cream will melt. Then, decorate them to your heart's desire.

I personally recommend cake icing, because if you don't eat them right away, the whipped cream will get messed up/melt.

It will look something like this;

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/12/24 04:39 By xMaddiex.

Shae
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Recipes 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 3
Sounds like a good idea, I'll pop up some of the things I made over christmas

Cheesy Quiche (a basic quiche recipe that I modified... Meaning I took out what I didn't like and added what I did like )

200g shortcrust pastry (I just bought some savory pastry sheets and used one, whatever you do don't get sweet savory pastry)

Filling:
2 tablespoons butter/margarine
2 tablespoons plain flour
1 cup milk
2 eggs
salt and pepper
1/2 cup normal grated cheese (I used edam)
1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese
Feta cheese
1 large slice of bacon (the big slices that are about twice the size of the palm of your hand), cut into small squares
5 or so thin slices of ham, cut into small squares or strips
2 or 3 mushrooms, sliced or diced
Preheat oven to 200 degrees C/400 degrees F

(Note: I usually start making the filling during the 12 minutes of baking blind)
Line a 20cm quiche dish with baking paper (up the sides and folded over the edges, this makes it tons easier to get out afterwards). Then line with pastry, trimming and discarding the excess.
Bake blind (put baking paper on top of the pastry and some uncooked rice on that paper to weigh it down) for 12 minutes. Remove baking blind material and return the pastry to the oven for 1 minute to dry out. Remove from the oven, pour filling into base (cut feta into small cubes and place on top) and return to bake for a further 30 minutes. Serve hot or cold.

Filling: Melt butter in a saucepan, then add flour and stir together over heat. Once combined add half of the milk using a whisk to combine the ingredients (you have to keep stirring it constantly or it might catch). Add the rest of the milk still stirring until the mixture boils and thickens. Remove pan from heat lightly beat eggs with a fork and add to the mixture. Season with salt and pepper, lastly adding the cheeses (except feta), bacon, ham and mushroom.

twitpic.com/o3tb3

Pavlova

4 egg whites (use an egg separator or even your fingers over a mug can work, just make sure there isn't any yolk. Tip: opening the egg from the top makes the yolk less likely to break on the sharp shell edges as you open it)
1 teaspoon cornflour/cornstarch?
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vinegar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
3/4 cup caster sugar
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C/350 degrees F

Cover an oven tray with baking paper. In a clean, dry bowl beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Slowly add the sugar, sprinkling while beating. Then sprinkle the salt, slowly add the vinegar and vanilla, and lastly the cornflour. Continue beating until it stands in stiff peaks (they'll probably still flop over at the top though). In the center of the baking paper draw a 20cm wide circle, then spoon the mixture within 2cm of the edge of the circle and sculpt it into a cake-like shape (I find using the flat edge of a bread and butter knife works best, just keep using to to tidy up the outside edge, add more, tidy it up and repeat until you have it how you want). Place in the oven and turn the temperature down to 100 degrees C/ 200 degrees F? Bake for 1 hour, then leaving the pavlova in the oven turn it off and leave the door open slightly until cold (this is important, if you don't let it cool slowly like this then the pavlova will sink/collapse upon itself, don't worry about it keeping as these things can sit around out of the fridge fine until decorated). Remove from oven when cold and cover with whipped cream, then decorate with various fruit. Strawberries and kiwifruit are commonly used

Also note that it may weep a little after sitting for a while, I just tend to ignore it

twitpic.com/vfmk7

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/12/27 08:44 By Shae.
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Oooh, my husband will like that quiche. I can tell just by reading the recipe. Thanks!

Logged Logged
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Recipes 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 31
I don't really know any desert recipes anymore. I forgot the only one I knew. But, I know how to make a form of Swedish meatballs. You just need:

1 Bag of Egg noodles
1 jar of beef gravy
Ground beef or round to make the meatballs.

Boil the noodles in water till soft. Heat the gravy for about a minute before taking it out and stirring, just to heat for a bit longer. If not already rolled into balls, form the meatballs. You can add different things, such as salt, pepper, and whatever other types of seasoning and thing you think they might need. Cook these in a pot with water until they are brown. Take everything, after draining the noodles and the like, and put them all in one bowl, mixing thoroughly. And then, presto! Swedish meatballs.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga Recipes 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 23
This is more of snack then a 'big' recipe. But I still love it, and it's healthy for you too.

peanut butter and Celery:

It's pretty simple to make. Just cut one celery stick in half, and use any peanut butter of your choice.Fill the middle of the celery stick with it and that's all.(It's better to eat it right away, so just make what you know you can eat)

If you want you can also put raisins on top of the peanut butter(which is usually called 'ants on a log'

It's a simple snack, that is healthy and has protein in it(so a good snack for a high protein diet)

Anywho..I'll put more recipes up when I think of them

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.