Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Any Trekkies out there?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Any Trekkies out there?
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Any Trekkies out there? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 40
Just wondering if there are any Trekkies (Star Trek fans) here at Dokuga~

Cause I'm one!
*cough*Spockfangirl*cough*
:3

Artwork made by the very talented lamamama from deviantART. Go visit her gallery~ Tis awesome~

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time on my hands
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Any Trekkies out there? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 3
Guilty as charged. My sons think I'm a little obsessed because I can name the original series episodes just by seeing the opening couple of minutes. But then they accuse me of being obsessed with Inuyasha too.

Have seen all of the different series, though I was disappointed with Enterprise. Have also seen all the movies. Still not sure if I like the way they rewrote the whole ST universe with the new movie. Have to wait for the next one before I decide. Of course since the time paradox thing was done pretty much throughout the series, it works. Have also read a lot of the novels.

Nice to meet a fellow trekkie on this site.

Logged Logged
jgem
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Any Trekkies out there? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 8
You're not alone. Although, I wouldn't classify myself as a "Trekkie", I do watch the shows with my husband, who is definantly a "Trekkie". He can name all those obscure stuff in the original series and has even dragged me to a convention. Haven't seen the newest one yet, but we did purchase it. Just haven't had the time to see it in theaters or DVD yet.

It's so funny that this post came up because I actually had done a sketch of Kagome and Sesshoumaru as Spock and Nurse Chapel. I was going to enter it into the Halloween challenge but changed my mind. If I get it scanned, I'll post it.

Logged Logged
toranushi23
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Any Trekkies out there? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
I'm a Trekkie! I've seen ALL the movies, ALL the original episodes and I grew up watching the Next Generation! I did watch bits of Deep Space Nine and Voyager, but Enterprise I couldn't get down with. I loved the new movie too! I thought they did well with the casting and using the time paradox allows them to go forward in a new movie series without destroying the original Star Trek.....and I love me some Chris Pine and Zach Quinto too!

Logged Logged
zebbeed
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Any Trekkies out there? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1
I am NOT a Trekkie.. I am, however, a member of the local Starfleet Org. and an Crewperson on the local Scoutship. I am in Hydroponics...lol. I have seen EVERYTHING that has been on TV, Video, movie and plan to continue to watch.

Logged Logged

"... do I have issues? Dude, I have lifetime subscriptions!!!" quoted Shaggy
kc
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Any Trekkies out there? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 3
i'm a trekkie, so is my hubby, and my gpa who made me into one. lol my grampa is a retired cop and one xmas we got him a tricorder and a few other stuff as a gift. He had alot of fun with those, he would mess with the drunks, or otherwise under the influence people. I get my evil sense of humor from him

i liked the new movie, then again i love karl urban he was the perfect bones imo, i look forward to more and see if they are as good as this one. i share with everyone the disappointment in enterprise, i just didnt like it.

Logged Logged
Kim
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Any Trekkies out there? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 15
Hehe! While I would not call myself a Trekkie per se, I am a huge fan of all the series except the last one. My grandmother was a huge Original Series fan. I really got into Next Gen and DS9, and I am a proud Klingon fangirl! (Must be a warrior/sword thing!) I have met the actors who played Chancellor Gowron, General Martok, Lursa and Betor, and of course, my all time favorite Grilka (DS9 - The House of Quark). I own an replica of a Klingon dagger (it is a real knife) and assorted other fan items. My husband wouldn't let me get a real Bat'leth, though. He mumbled something about his safety.

Logged Logged
Wood
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Any Trekkies out there? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 7
I am guilty as well. I love spock. My father is a trekkie. I grew up watching next generation. I have seen all the movies. Big fan of the original series. Never could get into any of the new series after next generation though. I love the twist of the new movie. Time Paradox being thoroughly expolored in Trek world, instead of in a single episode. Oh and some relly yummy looking replacement actors for the cast.

Logged Logged
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Any Trekkies out there? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 40
I am not alone!! YAY!

I got into ST a few years ago~ The first episode I watched, if I'm not mistaken... was the one where Spock was experiencing pon farr O.o I watched a bit of Next Gen, but Enterprise just didn't click with me at all.

I'm actually pretty happy with reboot!Spock~ Such nice eye candy xD

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Any Trekkies out there? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 31
Here in the lair of phishbon3s, we are trekkies. My hubby and I are fans of ST:TNG and ST:DS9 but the new movie was t3h awesome cause Simon Pegg was Scotty! We've got tons of nerdy collectibles (Action figures, playsets, posters, DVDs, borg cube Christmas ornaments, and even a Q brand coffee). I'm a huge Q and John De Lancie fangirl. We got a weird collection of ST books and even one written by Laurell K. Hamilton (the authoress of the Anita Blake series). And the Nitpicker ST:TNG cassette audio books, as well as other ST:TNG audio books.

We've been meaning to join the local Star Trek Starship, but work and classes have interferred. I would love to attend a con. Our favorite races are the Klingons and Ferengi.

My family would be horrified.

Logged Logged

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Any Trekkies out there? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 31
Taking partial lines from Kindergarten Cop: My father was a Trekkie. My sister is sort of a Trekkie. My mother is a Trekkie. The effect makes me a Trekkie.

I'm more of a Babylonian ( I love Babylon 5!), but grew up with a lot of Star Trek. Gotta love them Qus! My boyfriend and his father are Trekkies. I think the bf is even more so. After all, he can just look at a ship and tell you what class it is and what type of weaponry it has. XD The ones he really likes he'll even know what type of engines and the like they have. O.O In fact, he was going on about how a D class got destoryed in that one film (I believe we were talking about Generations), and then they got the E class version of it in "Insurrection"... At least, I think it was Insurrection. That was the one I haven't seen yet. @.@ I mostly watched Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, The Voyage Home, and Generations. I've seen Nemesis too, but I'm just not sure about the other ones.

I loved the first Star Trek series, but Generations was just amazing. I haven't seen a whole lot of Deep Space 9, but I have seen a lot of Voyager and Enterprise. I'm actually not too fond of Voyager, but I do watch it for those episodes that I do like, such as ones with Qu or the hologram doctor singing. Even though I did see a lot of Star Trek: Enterprise, I watched them mostly out of order. So, I have no clue what was going on in that one.

To add, I LOVE the new movie! While there are some things different then what should have been, such as the ships should have been made in space, I remind myself that it is [SPOILER!!!!!} an alternate dimension. [/SPOILER!!!!] Other than that though, I thought the grpahics were beautiful, the actors well picked, and the plot fantastic!

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
toranushi23
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Any Trekkies out there? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
kc wrote:

i liked the new movie, then again i love karl urban he was the perfect bones imo, i look forward to more and see if they are as good as this one. i share with everyone the disappointment in enterprise, i just didnt like it.

I loved Karl Urban as Bones! And the line in the beginning about how all he's got left is his 'bones' cuz his wife took the whole planet! Simon Pegg was classic as Scottie and John Cho surpassed my expectations as Sulu. I'm just not sure how I feel about Zoe Saldana as Ohura....but that may be bc of the whole "hooking up with Spock" thing..... no words can describe the wierdness....

Logged Logged
Lady Orrin
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Any Trekkies out there? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 13
Star Trek is one of the bestest things ever!!! I grew up watching the re-reuns of the original. TNG came out while I was in college, and my roommates hated it, but I watched it anyway. I really liked DS9, it had a dark edginess to it that I liked. Never saw many Voyager episodes,but wasn't impressed. I liked the tail end of Enterprise, but I thought they milked the entire "time" thing way to much. I think they found their groove just before it got cancelled, shame. The movie was AWESOME man, and without giving away spoilers, the way they created a "clean slate" for future movies worked and was totally believable. I do think that the actor that played Bones, was at times a little over the top, not all the time, but at certain moments. Spook needs lovin too and Ohura could be an interesting mate.

I sometimes, don't go see movies based on sci-fi/comics because the creaters screw up everything associated with it (any of the x-men movies are evidence of this)

Live long and prospers my fellow Dokugans

I think it would be groovy if someone wrote an AU story about our favorite couple meeting and whatnot in the Trek universe

Logged Logged

When all else fails...read the directions.
Time on my hands
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Any Trekkies out there? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
I just read that Patrick Stewart (Captain Jean Luc Picard ST TNG) was knighted. He is now officially Sir Patrick Stewart. How cool is that?

Peter Jackson (Director Lord of the Rings) was also on this year's list to receive knighthood.

Logged Logged
Waterunleashed
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Any Trekkies out there? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 4
I proudly raise my hand and announce myself as a fan of the original series. Much to the displeasure of almost everyone around me. Especially when I quote it or the movies in class.

And Tora I totally understand your problem with the Uhura/Spock thing especially when in the series she was all about Kirk and then in the movies she seemed to be with Scotty. I really don't think she just slept around with the entire bridge it ain't cool. Spock was supposed to be her mentor with computers or something.

PS for all you Kligon fans if you ever need/want to know how to say something in Klingon I have the Klingon-English dictionary. I love used book stores.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/12/31 02:41 By Waters Soul.
Mysticangeldust
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Any Trekkies out there? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
Being 24 I'm afraid to say that I missed the band wagon on the original Trek series, but I am a huge Next Gen fan. I'm not sure if I'd be considered a "Trekkie" by only really enjoying NG and Voyager... or having seen the new movie 4 times in theaters and 6 when it came out on blue ray....

All i have to say is.....

Patrick Stewart is awesome.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.