Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
WORLD WAR 2 IN HD
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: WORLD WAR 2 IN HD
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
WORLD WAR 2 IN HD 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 9
Is anyone watching it? Man, I feel like crying for all the people who suffered and for the brave men who gave their lives to defend freedom and equality.

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:WORLD WAR 2 IN HD 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 14
Dude, I am watching it right meow and it is fantastic. Really sad, but fantastic all the same because I am a huge history nerd.

Logged Logged
Couldntbekeener3
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:WORLD WAR 2 IN HD 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
History Nerds Rock!!! Ive taken like 12 histoy classes.(lol)

Logged Logged
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:WORLD WAR 2 IN HD 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 9
Right now they're talking about the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Did anyone notice that the narrator is the actor who plays Mac Taylor from CSI New York? I did ROFL

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Rachel
Pup
graphgraph
Re:WORLD WAR 2 IN HD 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 6
I watched this every night last week - my first published novel was about WWII, it has a very dear place in my heart...definitely cried like a baby at the end of the show

Wonderful work by the History people!

Logged Logged

\\\"Godlike\\\" - dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2966/1
\\\"Cell Block Tango\\\" - dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2700/1
\\\"After All\\\" - dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2626/1
Inu Guardian
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:WORLD WAR 2 IN HD 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 10
Mah Hubbeh and I have been watching it since last Sunday. Gary Sinese(the narrator) is wonderful for the part. The voice of the younger men and women they're interviewing are wonderful as well. I know a lot about WWII from my father and Mah Hubbeh, but this is giving more information. I am in awe.

Logged Logged
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:WORLD WAR 2 IN HD 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8
I missed it. But if anyone is interested in WW II exhibits, I suggest going to the D-Day Museum in New Orleans if you are ever down here is the South. I went with my husband this past September and it was amazing. My husbands grandfather was in WW II, he was a doctor. He was on the teams that went into the holocaust camps.

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Hoshi Phoenix wrote:
I missed it. But if anyone is interested in WW II exhibits, I suggest going to the D-Day Museum in New Orleans if you are ever down here is the South. I went with my husband this past September and it was amazing. My husbands grandfather was in WW II, he was a doctor. He was on the teams that went into the holocaust camps.

If I ever get down to the Big Easy I'll definitely check it out. The Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C. is also a must see. I won't lie. It isn't an easy place to go to -- it's filled with so much sadness, but I think it's something that everyone should face so that we never truly forget.

Logged Logged
Rachel
Pup
graphgraph
Re:WORLD WAR 2 IN HD 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 6
If I ever get down to the Big Easy I'll definitely check it out. The Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C. is also a must see. I won't lie. It isn't an easy place to go to -- it's filled with so much sadness, but I think it's something that everyone should face so that we never truly forget.

And if anyone happens to find themselves in Europe, I implore you to go visit Dachau and Normandy, and Bastogne (Belgium) if you manage to find a way there. These are places never to be missed!

Logged Logged

\\\"Godlike\\\" - dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2966/1
\\\"Cell Block Tango\\\" - dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2700/1
\\\"After All\\\" - dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2626/1
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Rachel wrote:

And if anyone happens to find themselves in Europe, I implore you to go visit Dachau and Normandy, and Bastogne (Belgium) if you manage to find a way there. These are places never to be missed!

I'll actually be visiting Paris in December -- though I don't have much time and I'm not sure I'll be able to get to those places, which is really sad because I feel it'd be worth going. I will be seeing the catacombs, tho.

Logged Logged
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:WORLD WAR 2 IN HD 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8
Everyone should definitely visit these places. This history needs to be pasted down to all generations so that this kind act does not repeat itself. But as historians say and me included history has a way of repeating itself rather we want it to or not.

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:WORLD WAR 2 IN HD 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 25
Noacat wrote:

That was one of the most haunting places I've ever been in my life. I know it has to have changed in the past 10 years (since I last went), but the most haunting thing for me was the boxcar. You could see hand prints in the corners and the smell was just terrifying (they let you walk through it).

Logged Logged
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
MomoDesu wrote:
Noacat wrote:

That was one of the most haunting places I've ever been in my life. I know it has to have changed in the past 10 years (since I last went), but the most haunting thing for me was the boxcar. You could see hand prints in the corners and the smell was just terrifying (they let you walk through it).

Yeah, the cattle car was unsettling. For me, it was the entire room that was filled floor to ceiling with photos from a village that was wiped out entirely. I actually started to cry as I looked around at the pictures.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.