Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
What song do you like to write to?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: What song do you like to write to?
Kittylin
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
What song do you like to write to? 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
Ok so this is my first time posting my own thread and I hope I do it right.

This thread is about just like it sounds like. What song do you most often listen to when you write?

Write down the name of the band and song name. You can even add the attachment to the video on youtube or post the song lyrics. You also have to write why.

* Like for me I like to listen to I Believe In A Thing Called Love by the Darkness.

The reason why is because I like to write comedy and this song makes me happy and I can listen to it over and over again without getting bored.

...Now lets see if this thing goes.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:What song do you like to write to? 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 31
I've always liked this song, but dear lord, I've never seen the video for the song. I love it!@@@@!!!! And sweet choice for a first time post. Kudo love to you!

It all depends on the story and chapter. Most of my stories are driven by songs I listen to (but are not song fics, just inspired by the song). Like my story "Huge.... Tracts of Land", I used Toxic Love (from Ferngully) and Trust by Prince (from Batman) for some of the chapters. It depends on what I am writing. Each chapter of "Blue Texas Moon" is planned out with a specific song as the base and title of the chapter. Even what I draw usually has songs that inspire it or help it along (just read any of art descriptions)

But when I'm just writing I usually like to listen to TV on the Radio, She Wants Revenge, Coheed and Cambria, The Killers, Scissor Sisters, Wolfgang Parker, Madeleine Peyroux as well as various operas and classical music.

If I just need background music, then my mp3 player is used, which has filks and cartoon themes on it. Nothing like writing a story while belting out the theme to Jem and the Holograms! (which may have just given me a plot bunny......)

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/20 16:39 By phishbon3s.

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

aoieyes
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What song do you like to write to? 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
When I am working on art homework, I love listening to the main theme of FF10. It was my first FF game and my dad gave it to me before he died. I spent over 200 hours playing it, and even found some stuff in the game that the game guide doesn't even mention. So the theme song just brings up soooo many different emotional memories. It makes it the perfect song to be drawing to!!!

Logged Logged

I might not have very many talents, but I can still squeeze an orange in your eye!!!
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:What song do you like to write to? 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8
The main theme to FFX is beautiful. Another song that is good from the game is Hum of the Fayth a beautiful piano piece. From FFX-2 the ending theme Epligoue-The Reunion is good as well. But overall, I listen to anything really when I'm writing or drawing.
Music helps me write better and it gets me in the mood of writing or drawing. I have a wide range of music if I'm writing a comedy for instance I'll listen to Billy Idol "Rebel Yell" (don't ask why I just do! lol) or if I'm writing a serious piece I'll listen to Aretha Frankin's "Rock Steady". Just different songs for different stories!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/21 05:36 By Hoshi Phoenix.

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.