Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Paranormal Activity
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: Paranormal Activity
Kira Cross
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Paranormal Activity 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 9
Who saw Paranormal activity here.... i just got back from seeing it and omg it was sooooooo freaky

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Paranormal Activity 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 31
lol, I saw it too. I couldn't sleep that whole night after watching it. Though the internet version and the theater version have two different endings, I prefered the internet ending, seems much more real to me.

Logged Logged
Kira Cross
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Paranormal Activity 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 9
what was the internet ending? where can i see it

Logged Logged
Amethyst
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Paranormal Activity 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 15
I saw it. All I will say is that it's great Scary Movie material.

Logged Logged

I would like some critical feedback on my pseudo-fic, Catch and Keep
aoieyes
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Paranormal Activity 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
I saw it with a friend and we were laughing through the entire film. We thought it was so funny. Now Fourth Kind was some scary movie. If you haven't seen it, go see it. Almost made me wet myself.

Logged Logged

I might not have very many talents, but I can still squeeze an orange in your eye!!!
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Paranormal Activity 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 23
I love scary movies , especially the ones that have to do with the paranormal. However, this movie wasn't scary to me at all. Maybe its because I have dealt with paranormal stuff?

I have an overactive imagination, so when I watch something scary it can get the best of me. However, after seeing this movie I felt nothing. -_-; I was kind of disappointed because people were saying it was 'the scariest movie around'. It was entertaining to watch though. I hate that Miccah guy or whatever his name was, he was an annoying arsehole. I really wanted to punch him whenever he opened his mouth >.<

Logged Logged
Rin Akarui
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Paranormal Activity 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
I saw it, I think that the only reason why people got really freaked out by it is because of the ending >.<'

Even to this day I sometimes freak out if I'm in a dark room -and night lights don't really help- because of that movie.

Other than that... I thought that the 'night time' scenes were the scariest compared to the erratic movements during the day time D:

Logged Logged
Kira Cross
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
i loved it. i love that type of stuff, i was with my friend watching it, and the only thing that almost got me was the ending, but hey that is normal. but we were supose to see it last night when it was dark. make everything much worse.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/08 21:47 By Crimson_Angel92.
precioushime16
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Paranormal Activity 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4
I really didn't like the internet version, I was more afraid when I saw it in theaters....especially the ending..it made me jolt more but it really wasn't that scary

Logged Logged

I'm not cute or built to fit a fashion model's size.
It's in the reach of my arms,
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal Woman
That's me.
--Maya Angelou
MiserablySweet
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Paranormal Activity 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 13
I saw it on Halloween night.

Stupid? Probably.

But it wasn't really SCARY SCARY.

It's just that the thought of that it's based on a real video, happening to real people is what gets to you.

Creepy?

Yes. Definitely.

Logged Logged
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Paranormal Activity 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 8
I would see it but I am such a chicken! My family picks on me so bad about it too. I can't help it though I got scared enough as a kid (my mom made me watch Freddie Kruger one time and I locked myself in a closet), that I swore off all horror movies. Pathetic, I know. But it is funny if you think about it.... I'll eventually get over my fear one day.....

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Kira Cross
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
don't need to worry hoshi, while i do love scary movies there are some i won't touch, like the saw movies. i am not into the whole brutle and bloody torture for pleasure type of thing.

and i am a paranormal finatic, anything involving spirits i'm there, EXCEPT for an ouija board, will not touch that thing with a 100 foot poll. just like they said in the movie it is a gate way. and if it does a)go down the alphabet b)go down the numbers or c) each corner i am out of there faster than you can say demon. (and i swear that in the movie it' goes to all four corners.)

Logged Logged
FourShotChild
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Paranormal Activity 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1
I took my mom to see it last week. I thought it was pretty interesting. I have yet to see the ending on the internet. The film started off pretty well, got slow, and then ended great. I think the thing I enjoyed overall was it seemed real. It takes the works to scare me but the moment that girl gets dragged... *shivers* I even jumped at the end. It's one of the better scary movies I've seen lately.

Any who! That's all I have to say about that noise.

Logged Logged
Tarawriter
Pup
graphgraph
My mom and I went to see it a few days before Halloween, and it was a lot of fun, though a bit slow to start. We ended up laughing our butts off at the goofy teenage girls in the theater who kept screaming whenever anything would happen, ugh. The end seemed to bother most of the people in the theater, and when the brief credits rolled, no one said a word until my mom said to me, "You ready to book it?" I think I found the reactions of the audience more interesting in some ways than the film, but it's one I'll probably end up renting so my husband can see it, too.

Logged Logged
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Hoshi Phoenix wrote:
I would see it but I am such a chicken! My family picks on me so bad about it too. I can't help it though I got scared enough as a kid (my mom made me watch Freddie Kruger one time and I locked myself in a closet), that I swore off all horror movies. Pathetic, I know. But it is funny if you think about it.... I'll eventually get over my fear one day.....

Don't worry I'm not into scary movies either but I have seen Poltergiest, The Grudge, The Ring and The Ring 2, The Mothman Chronicles, and the only scary movie that ever EVER scared me was The Exorcism of Emily Rose (I think it scared me because pocession can actually happen)

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
kc
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Paranormal Activity 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 3
i saw it the weekend it came out, it was ok, it reminded me of blair witch project with how much of a hit it turned out to be. only without the puking this time
i am a pagan so i love watching this kind of stuff, sometimes to laugh at, sometimes you can learn stuff. i love watching ghost hunter's im in florida and i have been to the st augustine lighthouse for a ghost tour and it was great. i grew up in virginia around alot of the civil war battlefields and we saw stuff there all the time. i want to go to new orleans for a ghost tour but i dont want to go on a comercial hunt i wanna explore on my own. I might actually get to do that this year hubby and i are supposed to go to mardi gras this year while we are at his family reunion, in baker parish outside baton rouge .

Logged Logged
Haiden
Pup
graphgraph
WARNING!!! SPOILERS and I have an opinion...i didn't like it

I saw the movie on Halloween and in my opinion, it was very poorly done. I'm not talking about the acting or the camera techniques, but the actual facts of the film. I highly believe that the directors and writers of the film didn't do any research what so ever before they started making the film. Here are my reasons:

1. You cannot be possessed unless you want to be. Even if you wanted to be, you'd have to be a very powerful physic to do it.

2. The actual physic in the film was so unbelievable it was actually laughable. For one, when a physic plans on helping you, they will never ask you to tell them anything about yourself. They will go into a room and tell you what is going on in the house. (I know this from exsperience.)

3. The part that just bugged me the most was when at the end she killed the guy. First she got up, stared at him for hours, walked down the three flights of stairs and went into one of the rooms (I'm guessing the kitchen) and started screaming her head off. This woke up the guy, who ran down the flight of stairs, down the hallway and around the corner into the kitchen....Why would she carry his body out of the kitchen, down the hall and up the three flights of stairs just to throw him into the camera? O.o

The directors were just trying to make a scary movie without any facts on true hauntings and did a very poor job of it.

PS. the rest of the audiance was laughing right along with me Please don't flame!

Logged Logged

I claimed Kikyou\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Soul Collectors int he Claim Game!
Tarawriter
Pup
graphgraph
Spoilers Below, be warned.

Haiden wrote:. You cannot be possessed unless you want to be. Even if you wanted to be, you'd have to be a very powerful physic to do it.

2. The actual physic in the film was so unbelievable it was actually laughable. For one, when a physic plans on helping you, they will never ask you to tell them anything about yourself. They will go into a room and tell you what is going on in the house. (I know this from exsperience.)

3. The part that just bugged me the most was when at the end she killed the guy. First she got up, stared at him for hours, walked down the three flights of stairs and went into one of the rooms (I'm guessing the kitchen) and started screaming her head off. This woke up the guy, who ran down the flight of stairs, down the hallway and around the corner into the kitchen....Why would she carry his body out of the kitchen, down the hall and up the three flights of stairs just to throw him into the camera? O.o![/quote]

No flames, I swear. I just wanted to say there are many religions and cultures from which to draw research material; not all people believe you cannot be possessed without allowing it to happen, and let's be honest, not everyone believes it's possible at all.

I totally agree. The actor playing the psychic in the film was ridiculous, but I've known someone who claims to be psychic who behaves a lot like him, and yeah, she's also a LOT daffy.

As for the end of the film, I liked it; Katie wasn't Katie anymore, which is why she got up to watch Micah the way she did, and the idea of someone watching one that intently while sleeping is truly unsettling. Throughout the entire film, Micah was the one to mock and provoke the entity as much as possible, and for that reason, the thing hated him, which is why I believe it explains why it carried the body back upstairs and threw Micah. It was proving a point. It knew the camera was there, had already done things just for the benefit of showing Micah on the camera and by the end, it was sending the message, "I have all the power. Not you." Those were my thoughts on the ending, and like I said, I really did like it. It's always interesting to me to read what others think, too.

Logged Logged
Haiden
Pup
graphgraph
i like your point. I can see how it would want to send that kind of message out, but in my mind it doesn't seem logical. if i were the entity, i wouldn't bother doing all the work extra work just to prove a point. I think killing the guy would be proof enough. i liked the other ending much better, which u can find on the net. ~Haiden

Logged Logged

DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Paranormal Activity 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 66
Tarawriter wrote:
Spoilers Below, be warned.

Haiden wrote:. You cannot be possessed unless you want to be. Even if you wanted to be, you'd have to be a very powerful physic to do it.

3. The part that just bugged me the most was when at the end she killed the guy. First she got up, stared at him for hours, walked down the three flights of stairs and went into one of the rooms (I'm guessing the kitchen) and started screaming her head off. This woke up the guy, who ran down the flight of stairs, down the hallway and around the corner into the kitchen....Why would she carry his body out of the kitchen, down the hall and up the three flights of stairs just to throw him into the camera? O.o!

No flames, I swear. I just wanted to say there are many religions and cultures from which to draw research material; not all people believe you cannot be possessed without allowing it to happen, and let's be honest, not everyone believes it's possible at all.

I totally agree. The actor playing the psychic in the film was ridiculous, but I've known someone who claims to be psychic who behaves a lot like him, and yeah, she's also a LOT daffy.

As for the end of the film, I liked it; Katie wasn't Katie anymore, which is why she got up to watch Micah the way she did, and the idea of someone watching one that intently while sleeping is truly unsettling. Throughout the entire film, Micah was the one to mock and provoke the entity as much as possible, and for that reason, the thing hated him, which is why I believe it explains why it carried the body back upstairs and threw Micah. It was proving a point. It knew the camera was there, had already done things just for the benefit of showing Micah on the camera and by the end, it was sending the message, "I have all the power. Not you." Those were my thoughts on the ending, and like I said, I really did like it. It's always interesting to me to read what others think, too.[/quote]

I also saw the movie on my birthday and I found a lot of parts to be hilarious as well as creepy. I was waiting for something to happen to Micah as he was becoming increasingly annoying as the movie went on. There was one scene where the 'ghost', 'demon', whatever was in the house with them had a picture of Micah and Katie upstairs with Micah's face scratched up. I think there was another message the apparition was sending; "Katie is mine and only mine." It was very possessive in a creepy kind of way.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Haiden
Pup
graphgraph
You make a good point, but being a spiritualist, I can't wrap my mind around other beliefs having to do with possession, for example someone saying 'It possessed me to do it' (as in an enitity). its really hard for me to comprepend that after so long of believing what I belief and after the exsperiences i've gone thru, please bare with me .

I get the idea of it wanting to make a point by throwing Micah into the camera, but in my opinion, i don't think that the creature's goal was to prove a point. I felt it wanted Micah away from Katie, play with him or anything. I don't think it was to concerned with making a point, only getting Katie for itself....

Question! why the hell is thing so attached to Katie? this is something i can't figure out. she's obviously not physic, she isn't even that pretty (if u were lokking at the whole evil being attracked to beauty thing). the only thing i could think of is that she has a nice boob job lol j/k j/k

Logged Logged

Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Paranormal Activity 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 8
kc wrote:
i saw it the weekend it came out, it was ok, it reminded me of blair witch project with how much of a hit it turned out to be. only without the puking this time
i am a pagan so i love watching this kind of stuff, sometimes to laugh at, sometimes you can learn stuff. i love watching ghost hunter's im in florida and i have been to the st augustine lighthouse for a ghost tour and it was great. i grew up in virginia around alot of the civil war battlefields and we saw stuff there all the time. i want to go to new orleans for a ghost tour but i dont want to go on a comercial hunt i wanna explore on my own. I might actually get to do that this year hubby and i are supposed to go to mardi gras this year while we are at his family reunion, in baker parish outside baton rouge .

I'm pagan too and find it interesting as well. I'm from Mississippi so there are bunch of civil war sites that are haunted. The Ghost Tour in New Orleans is awesome! Me and my husband went on it this past September for a belated Honeymoon. And it was definitely creepy! We didn't tour the cementary but the French Quarter. I definitely suggest anyone who goes to N'awlins to go on these tours there fun if you can handle the humidity!

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Yoruzuki
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Paranormal Activity 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 3
When I watched this movie, I laughed most of the way through it. I didn't like either of the characters; the girl was too whiny and the guy was foolish.

I will say that, though there were one or two parts that made me raise my brows, overall, this movie was nowhere near frightening. I can't understand why people were calling it the scariest film they had ever seen.

Then again, my desensitization towards this movie could be because I first saw "The Exorcist" when I was six, alone and in the dark. ^o^;;

Logged Logged

Yoruzuki claims the position of Master Visual Kei Bassist, with the tool of Noiz-kun the Bass Guitar of Pure Awesome.

Takumi ni hito toshite gisou shite iru.

Sammi-Chan
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Paranormal Activity 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 6
the first one i saw n theatres and i was peeking through my fingers the whole time (cept for daytime) it was creepy especially cause i thought the house i grew up in was haunted and i still do think that. but i like it because no one can really explain anything paranormal. the 2nd one i didnt like as much it was slow plus having a baby myself made me feel a different way about it. plus the 2nd didnt seem as real as the 1st one did to me....

Logged Logged

I CLAIMED NARAKU\\\'S TENTACLES IN THE DOKUGA CLAIM GAME!!!!!

Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Paranormal Activity 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 15
I saw the first on DVD and then the second in threaters a day or two after it came out.
The first I was able to watch through without being a fraidy cat, but the second one when there anything remotely scary I closed my eyes and held onto my husbands hand lol.
I like the second one better then the first one...

Though the facts concerning haunting and possession are a little off...other then that for them both being low-budget movies, they were done quite well.

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.