Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Cosplay help?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Cosplay help?
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Cosplay help? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 23
While I'm not cosplaying as Sesshoumaru, I will be cosplaying as someone that has a similar fluff type thing as Sesshoumaru's Mokomoko-sama. So I was wondering, if anyone on here has ever cosplayed as Sesshoumaru or would know how to make it?

I'm going to be cosplaying as this boy here:

I know how to make the feline ears/tail its just the fluff I'm having trouble figuring out XD I dunno. I thought I would ask here, and see if anyone has any advice or knows a tutorial on how to make such things. Since you know..Sesshoumaru has something similar. Except his is less...pink

Any help would be wonderful! ^^

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Fallendoll
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Cosplay help? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 6
I found this little article, but it's regarding feather boas.

www.ehow.com/how_2157608_make-feather-boa.html

I don't know if you could adapt the instructions for what you want, or not. I'll keep looking for something other than feathers...

Logged Logged
MontiK
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Cosplay help? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 42
I think your best bet might be to make something like a long, thin, circular body pillow with a very fluffy fabric (maybe sewing patches of alternating colors together to get the effect of the picture youre going for) and then you can attach a spandex strap/ribbon (you could probably find that easily enough at a craft store) to make something to hold it on your shoulders (kinda like little kids have on fairy wings) so that you don't have to keep adjusting it all night long.

Logged Logged

[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u211/ShexyMonti/MontiBannercopy.jpg?t=1236322064[/img]

^~~~~ Teensie made me a pretty Banner!!!! :D

redoxide
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Cosplay help? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
It's probably too labour intensive but if you can knit, maybe you could use those soft, fleecy fashion wools that you often see scarfs made out of? It's the perfect texture and they come in all sorts of colours. You could make a tube and stuff it lightly.

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Cosplay help? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 23
Those are all really good ideas, thanks!

The feather boa thing sounds interesting, I don't think I'd ever be able to do it though. ^^;

I would try the knitting thing, but I'm terrible at knitting. I may be able to get my friend to help though, because I think she knits. Hm.

But yeah, i was thinking of just making a long thing the shape that it will be and then filling it with the stuffing that is put in stuffed animals. N' then either just buying two different fabrics and cutting them out and sewing them on to match the picture above. Or just buy a pink fabric, and section it off and dye it with purple. Unless I find another way, but as of now ^^ that is the only thing i can think of that I will actually be able to do.

Logged Logged
Onliime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Cosplay help? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 10
one way to make it would be to go to a fabric store and get oragne and red fur and cut the fur into stirps then sew the strips together to form the spriped pattern. then take the striped fur and sew it into a circle close one end stuff lightly and close other end.

Logged Logged

INUYASHA\\\'S DOGGY EARS ARE MINE! I claimed them in The Claiming Game.
Bleuborzoi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Cosplay help? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1
Onliime wrote:
one way to make it would be to go to a fabric store and get oragne and red fur and cut the fur into stirps then sew the strips together to form the spriped pattern. then take the striped fur and sew it into a circle close one end stuff lightly and close other end.

Exactly what I was going to say .

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.