Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
An Intervention for Skye
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: An Intervention for Skye
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
An Intervention for Skye 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: -666
It has come to my attention as I imagine it has come to attention of all of us here at Dokuga that our dear Priestess Skye is struggling with an addiction. It is truly tragic and hard to believe that such a pillar of our community is in such dire straights and we must bond together to help her escape it.

You see, Skye is addicted to making banners. I know we all love to bask in the sparkling glow of a freshly made banner with our name written so prettily upon it, but it is slowly consuming her life. Everyday, she obsesses more about them and what was once an occasional indulgence is now keeping her up late at night as she tries to get her next Photoshop fix. she has even bought a tablet which as all us digital artists know is a very slippery slope that can easily lead into the darkest depths of cutting and pasting.

Banners are essential to our lives as Dokugians, but at what cost? I say an intervention will save her and I invite you all to join in. I have made a banner for us to display to show our support for the end of banners. Perhaps then we will be able to reach Skye's font-addled brain and raise her from the drowning depths of JPEGS.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:An Intervention for Skye 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 51
It is truly sad to watch a friend slide into addiction.

For those of you who don't know, making banners is a highly addictive activity. No matter how much your friends try to pressure you into it, just say no. Skye is a textbook case of someone who started out with just making a banner here or there.

Dare to keep Skye off banners.

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:An Intervention for Skye 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 26
I used to be addicted to making manips. I rarely make them now after I lost most of them when my previous computer got damaged... I know what it's like to be addicted.-__-

Be strong! Say no to banners!

Logged Logged
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:An Intervention for Skye 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 696975
ladybattousai wrote:
Perhaps then we will be able to reach Skye's font-addled brain and raise her from the drowning depths of JPEGS.

Actually, it's PNGs, not JPEGS. And I luffs my Photoshop. This only makes me want to photoshop some more.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
Ceferadel
Pup
graphgraph
Re:An Intervention for Skye 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Maybe we should make posters for all of our addictions. An addictions contest! Share the love and help save us all (Our as Priestess Skye says, " This only makes me want to photoshop some more.")

Logged Logged
TruGemini
Pup
graphgraph
Re:An Intervention for Skye 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 3
Ok, to stop an addiction, she has to come off slowly. So start off with like 2 banners less a week, then go from there. Cold Turkey never works for a true artist which Skye is!

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:An Intervention for Skye 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 277
I am so sorry Lady B, but I am one of Skye's biggest fangirls. If she stopped making the pretty shinies, I would be MOST depressed and saddened.

How about if we just let her work it out of her system a little at a time? I mean, she DID buy that new tablet, so she has to get her money's worth out of it, yes??

Or maybe *I* need an intervention as well, to wean me off the fanpoodling I do every time Skye makes a new banner? *hangs head* Yes, I am an enabler. *sigh* But I can't seem to stop!!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:An Intervention for Skye 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 696975
Haha!!!

See!! I have support! I loves it!

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:An Intervention for Skye 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 26
You're not helping, Wiccan.>_<

Though I actually do agree with you... Shhh. Don't tell!

Logged Logged
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:An Intervention for Skye 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: -666
So many interventions are necessary for our admins that I am simply shocked and truly concerned for the fate of all Dokugians. Skye and Wiccan are our role models, the ultimate rock stars of our community. Each one of us aspires to one day achieve their greatness, but we too must acknowledge the seedy underbelly that comes with success and tight, leather pants.

Let's show our support for Wiccan as well. Like Skye, she needs our help too!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/08/31 15:03 By ladybattousai.

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:An Intervention for Skye 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 277
Wait... WHA?? "...success and tight leather pants???"

You MUST be referring to Skye, cuz this rhino hasn't EVER had the guts to wear leather pants!!!!! Okay, yeah, I wasn't always this broad in the beam, but still... never ventured near a pair of leather pants. If I had, I fear the pants would have taken off running!!

Still, I am soooooooo ganking the banner. You put it there, even though you KNOW I much I love the pretty shinies, so IT'S MINE NOW!! Mwahahahaha!!!

I'm seriously considering raising bad customer service to an art form, since I seem to be so good at it, but thanks for attempting to intervene!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.