Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Plagairism Heads Up
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Plagairism Heads Up
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Plagairism Heads Up 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 25
I have a heads up for the authors here that post on ff.net. There is a girl on there who took one of my stories, changed it up a bit (like one or two words a sentence), and then posted it as her own. There were some other things on there that looked very familiar in title and summary, but the stories were mangled beyond my recognition. I'm posting this here in hopes that someone might recognize some of the stories she posted. I'm not positive that they are all stolen, but I have a hunch.

Here's the link to her profile: www.fanfiction.net/u/1425916/KatiechanXoxoXSesshoukun

This is the story of mine that she mangled: www.fanfiction.net/s/5192152/1/Just_Shut_Up_And_Kiss_Me_Already

My original: www.fanfiction.net/s/5124578/1/Just_Shut_Up_And_Kiss_Me

Those are for comparison so you can see what sort of act she pulls.

I looked at her favorites and noticed that she's added a ton of people on there from here, and I don't want her to think she's slick get anyone else.

Logged Logged
  The topic has been locked.
Kyraphim
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagairism Heads Up 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 1
What doesn't make sense is that she stole a story(and she most definitely did) that had perfect grammar, and she somehow managed to completely destroy the spelling and grammar of everything. She is clearly not as smart as she thinks she is.

Logged Logged
AndesCat
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagairism Heads Up 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 3
Reported her to hopefully speed up FF.net's reaction time. Didn't reconcognize any of the other stories the names looked similar but doesn't even resemble the stories I read sharing the name

Logged Logged
sweetest angel
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagairism Heads Up 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
I went to her profile but I didn't reconize any story from somewhere else...
did you contact FF.net and told them that 'her' story is really a lot like yours?(to not say the same)
when I looked at her profile, "just shut up and kiss me already" is still there.

I couldn't stop myself, I had to "review" it!
Gah! I hate plagiarism!!!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/07/08 18:20 By sweetest angel.
Elenna
Pup
graphgraph
Reported her as well.

Logged Logged

Amerie
Pup
graphgraph
Dude, that is really F-ed up... I hate people who do that. And she can't even spell right! Her grammar is wrong, and so are her use of quotations!

Poor Momo
Someone should slap her...
"Wake up! Not allowed to plagairize!" (Hope I spelled that word right...)

Logged Logged
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:Plagairism Heads Up 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 25
Thanks to everyone who has commented and reported. I hope this issue is resolved soon, and the girl learns her lesson. I warned her that we're a rather tight knit lot!

Logged Logged
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Plagairism Heads Up 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: -666
thatgirlroxx22 wrote:
Dude, that is really F-ed up... I hate people who do that. And she can't even spell right! Her grammar is wrong, and so are her use of quotations!

Poor Momo
Someone should slap her...
"Wake up! Not allowed to plagairize!" (Hope I spelled that word right...)

Let's refrain from suggesting acts of violence in this thread. It seems that plenty of people have reported her at this point, so let's not vent too much further and hope that it gets resolved shortly.

Again the forum is meant to be an area of civility and a positive attitude and we should do our best to maintain that, especially when talking about angering topics like plagiarism.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/07/08 21:33 By ladybattousai.

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Kanela
Pup
graphgraph
What the- it's identical! And horribly butchered! Your precious story...
I really really hope she gets what she deserves

Logged Logged
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:Plagairism Heads Up 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 696975
Okay guys, I don't mind these threads being made as plagerism is very serious and should be brought to people's attention. However, the last three plagerism threads we had were becoming hostile and this one has the potential of doing so as well.

So I'm goign to state a few rules here if you'd like to comment to this thread:

1) You are to remain civil. There is no bashing of the plagerizer, they will get what comes from them from site admin where the stolen fics are hosted, as well as the authors who are plagerized.

2) No random acts of virtual violence.

3) Read the info, look at the person involved and report her. If you have questions you may ask them but this is not the place to be verbally abusive in anyway. Momo did very well with her concern. Let's keep responses in that tone.

4) if we find that people are rehashing the same thing over and over and over again, I WILL LOCK THIS THREAD for further comment.

Let's use the information we find in here positively so we can identify other stolen fics and report the user.

Any inflammatory comments will result in a verbal reprimand from myself (admin). Anything that goes against what I have just stated will result in a verbal reprimand from myself. I document ALL reprimands as further action may be required if there are repeat offenders.

Now, let's all help momo identify fics, and report the user. Let's not hash out the same thing here.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
Elenna
Pup
graphgraph
Priestess Skye wrote:
Okay guys, I don't mind these threads being made as plagerism is very serious and should be brought to people's attention. However, the last three plagerism threads we had were becoming hostile and this one has the potential of doing so as well.

So I'm goign to state a few rules here if you'd like to comment to this thread:

1) You are to remain civil. There is no bashing of the plagerizer, they will get what comes from them from site admin where the stolen fics are hosted, as well as the authors who are plagerized.

2) No random acts of virtual violence.

3) Read the info, look at the person involved and report her. If you have questions you may ask them but this is not the place to be verbally abusive in anyway. Momo did very well with her concern. Let's keep responses in that tone.

4) if we find that people are rehashing the same thing over and over and over again, I WILL LOCK THIS THREAD for further comment.

Let's use the information we find in here positively so we can identify other stolen fics and report the user.

Any inflammatory comments will result in a verbal reprimand from myself (admin). Anything that goes against what I have just stated will result in a verbal reprimand from myself. I document ALL reprimands as further action may be required if there are repeat offenders.

Now, let's all help momo identify fics, and report the user. Let's not hash out the same thing here.

*nods head* Well said Skye!

Logged Logged

Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagairism Heads Up 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 26
It's terrible that your work was stolen and edited like that, Momo. *Hugs* I hope it gets taken down very soon.

Logged Logged
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:Plagairism Heads Up 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 25
Situation resolved for the moment. Mods, please lock this thread.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.