Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Writing Perfection or Literary Rejection
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Writing Perfection or Literary Rejection
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Writing Perfection or Literary Rejection 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 15
lol, Out of the Silent Planet was a school assigned book too, and I totally jut made crap up for the test. I got a 96 so, I guess we're both awesome BSers

Logged Logged

“It is impolite to stare, miko,” he said, his smile gone, bringing Kagome back down to earth.

Oh, hello earth, how are you? She addressed the planet in a daze. Just got back from whatever parallel universe I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d fallen into, did you know Sesshoumaru smiles there? Weird.

~Of Gods and Demons
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
LC Rose
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Writing Perfection or Literary Rejection 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 39
I have too many favorites to narrow it down to a list for this thread, but I will tell you my least favorite book of all time was Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton. I was forced to read this in English in high school and the book literally put me to sleep every time I tried to read it. I never finished it, bs'd my way through the papers I had to write on the book, and obviously the teacher wasn't so thrilled about the book either because I got a decent grade. Either that or I was an awesome bs'er.

Logged Logged

~PPFT!~

Muses...cannot live with them, cannot kill them.
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
Here are the links to those stories:

1. Tales from the House of the Moon www.fanfiction.net/s/1638751/1/

2. The Once and Future Taiyoukai www.fanfiction.net/s/3153922/1/

3. Remnants of the Spider dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/846/1

Logged Logged

“It is impolite to stare, miko,” he said, his smile gone, bringing Kagome back down to earth.

Oh, hello earth, how are you? She addressed the planet in a daze. Just got back from whatever parallel universe I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d fallen into, did you know Sesshoumaru smiles there? Weird.

~Of Gods and Demons
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
Writing Perfection or Literary Rejection 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 15
So, I was just wondering who your favorite and least favorite authors were. Whether it be fanfiction authors (though, I wouldn't recommend posting least favorite fanfic author's on this thread, seeing as that's just mean) or real authors.

My favorite Fanfic author has got to be Resmiranda, who wrote the epic and fabulous Tales from the House of the Moon, but coming in close second is RosieB and Priestess Sianna.

RosieB is the author of my second favorite fanfic called The Once and Future Taiyoukai. She has an uncanny way of describing things - especially battle scenes - that is both imaginative and easy to follow. The plots for some of her stories are also among the most creative I have seen.

As for Priestess Sianna, she is currently writing the awesome fiction called Remnants of the Spider. I love how she builds her stories and adds just enough romance to make you smile like the hopeless romantics we all are.

For true life authors, my favorite has to be J.K. Rowling. I'm sorry, Harry Potter is just awesome and not to mention has several, interconnected, interweaving plots that span seven books and is written so well that it probably should have been published in gold. Feel free to argue, but I will expelliarmus your ass.

As for my least favorite author...Hemingway. I DESPISE Hemingway. I'm not too fond of Steinbeck either, or C.S. Lewis. I used to be okay with C.S. Lewis, that is until I was forced to read Out of the Silent Planet. It was the first book I ever did not finish because it literally made me want to set it on fire lol.

Keep in mind this is just my opinion, I'm sorry if you like any of these authors or books, but we are entitled to disagree.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/06/02 19:42 By ToWriteLoveOnAPage.

~Of Gods and Demons
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
D.S_Anno wrote:
i dont have a favorite author or authoress, i like you all. my worst author is well...me lol i cant write much less spell lol

That's ridiculous, I'm sure you're a great writer! And besides, I once clicked on a link at ff.net and found a story involving a leprechaun who somehow went to the mall and played blackjack with a street gang or something weird. Anyway, it was complete nonsense and I'm pretty sure there wasn't a single period in the whole thing.

So, see? I'm sure you're much better than that lol. Plus, as long as you don't write 500 pages about an old man talking to himself while trying to reel in a fish, you're probably better than Hemingway too.

Logged Logged

~Of Gods and Demons
D.S Anno
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Writing Perfection or Literary Rejection 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 10
i dont have a favorite author or authoress, i like you all. my worst author is well...me lol i cant write much less spell lol

Logged Logged

There is nothing to fear, but fear itself...or a monster...or an alien...ooh ooh Alien vs Predator but that is just cool, not scary at all.
LC Rose
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Writing Perfection or Literary Rejection 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 39
ToWriteLoveOnAPage wrote:
For true life authors, my favorite has to be J.K. Rowling. I'm sorry, Harry Potter is just awesome and not to mention has several, interconnected, interweaving plots that span seven books and is written so well that it probably should have been published in gold. Feel free to argue, but I will expelliarmus your ass.

And I SO totally agree with you on that one, TWLOAP! (there's that name i love to scream again!) More of favorite authors are Mary Higgins Clark and older Julie Garwood (when she wrote romance, not mystery romance). I also love me some Dean Koontz (the Odd Thomas series rocks my socks!).

Logged Logged

~PPFT!~

Muses...cannot live with them, cannot kill them.
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Writing Perfection or Literary Rejection 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 51
Ah, just a reminder guys, don't name your fellow fanfiction writers as your least favorites, this is definitely not the place for that.

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.