Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Longest story EVER...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Longest story EVER...
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Longest story EVER... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 156
I like planning too, if it's for a trip of some of that sort. But as for stories, I want to leave enough room, 'cause I know that with me, the story will eventually get a life of its own anyway and get out of hand. xD

The block I've been having was so awful though. Several times I just sat there, staring at my word processor, knowing what kind of a scene I wanted to do next, yet getting nothing actually written down. Luckily though it seems to have got a bit better now. <3

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Longest story EVER... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 15
Yeah, when I go off to college I'm sure I'll have bigger things to worry about than chapter updates lol. But I am a meticulous planner, it's should be a syndrome it's so bad lol.

Logged Logged

“It is impolite to stare, miko,” he said, his smile gone, bringing Kagome back down to earth.

Oh, hello earth, how are you? She addressed the planet in a daze. Just got back from whatever parallel universe I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d fallen into, did you know Sesshoumaru smiles there? Weird.

~Of Gods and Demons
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
ToWriteLoveOnAPage wrote:
Chiera wrote:
I've written my own original story which is about 120,000 words (and it's finished!!!), but my longest fanfic is Of Gods and Demons with about 60,000 words written so far (though, I think it will be well over 120,000 when it's finished)

I can write a lot when I get in the mood, I've only been working on the Of Gods and Demons story for about a month and my original story took about 5 months to fully complete (with editing and rewriting) but sometimes you just hit a slump and 500 words takes hours to write. I hate that lol.

You haven't yet seen a true slump. >_> I got the block pestering me so bad that I didn't update even once for the whole 2008. >___> I used to be quite productive, updating every few weeks. But for a few years it's been more difficult, and it takes months for me to complete a chapter. Though, then there can be spurts too when in one day I get third the chapter done.

Lol, mostly it's just me being lazy. I pretty much know what is going to happen and when it's going to happen, but then I'm always like, "Hmmmm, eat cheetos and watch Law and Order, or write my story....eat cheetos and watch Law and Order".

I swear to god, if Law and Order is on, I have to watch it. I don't even particularly like Law and Order! It's just like..hypnotizing; I can't look away!

Hehe, I see. Yeah, distraction and laziness too are what slow down the writing process.

For me I think it was life that happened. First Upper Secondary school graduation exams, then university entrance exams, a summer job, moving to a different town altogether to live on my own, getting used to university, getting a boyfriend...

I blame university partly. When having to write 10 page essays you don't feel like writing ANYTHING for awhile. xD

But I suppose the problem is also in my own writing, I'm impulsive and I don't like to plan too much in advance. ^^;

Logged Logged
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
Chiera wrote:
I've written my own original story which is about 120,000 words (and it's finished!!!), but my longest fanfic is Of Gods and Demons with about 60,000 words written so far (though, I think it will be well over 120,000 when it's finished)

I can write a lot when I get in the mood, I've only been working on the Of Gods and Demons story for about a month and my original story took about 5 months to fully complete (with editing and rewriting) but sometimes you just hit a slump and 500 words takes hours to write. I hate that lol.

You haven't yet seen a true slump. >_> I got the block pestering me so bad that I didn't update even once for the whole 2008. >___> I used to be quite productive, updating every few weeks. But for a few years it's been more difficult, and it takes months for me to complete a chapter. Though, then there can be spurts too when in one day I get third the chapter done.

Lol, mostly it's just me being lazy. I pretty much know what is going to happen and when it's going to happen, but then I'm always like, "Hmmmm, eat cheetos and watch Law and Order, or write my story....eat cheetos and watch Law and Order".

I swear to god, if Law and Order is on, I have to watch it. I don't even particularly like Law and Order! It's just like..hypnotizing; I can't look away!

Logged Logged

“It is impolite to stare, miko,” he said, his smile gone, bringing Kagome back down to earth.

Oh, hello earth, how are you? She addressed the planet in a daze. Just got back from whatever parallel universe I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d fallen into, did you know Sesshoumaru smiles there? Weird.

~Of Gods and Demons
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph

Logged Logged
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph

Logged Logged

~Of Gods and Demons
ElegantPaws
*~Daiyoukai~*
graphgraph
Re:Longest story EVER... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11
TSNNAM is the longest and is still missing its final chapter . Last time I checked it is well over 200,000 words.

The "It" took over. I just obey the command and continue to enjoy the ride:lol:.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/28 19:00 By ElegantPaws.

Akay
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Longest story EVER... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 18
Longest story for me was my first S/K fic called Magnolia Dreams I don't know the word count but it was like 47 chapters and still incomplete, but I deleted the story because I didn't like it anymore and it was driving me crazy. So at the moment I think my current longest story is Used:ATR.

Logged Logged
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Longest story EVER... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 51
Yes! I would wake up in the middle of the night and this little voice would say, "But it would make sense if..." and I'd be like "Why can't you leave me alone! I already said 'The End!'"

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
LC Rose
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Longest story EVER... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 39
Miss Kagura wrote:
Atonement at 91,000 words. I don't really like writing long stories, but when I got to what was supposed to be the end, I couldn't stop. And then I tried to end it again, and still couldn't quit.

Don't ya just HATE when a story does that to you?! LOL!

Logged Logged

~PPFT!~

Muses...cannot live with them, cannot kill them.
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Longest story EVER... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 51
Atonement at 91,000 words. I don't really like writing long stories, but when I got to what was supposed to be the end, I couldn't stop. And then I tried to end it again, and still couldn't quit.

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Longest story EVER... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 9
For right now my story Whispers from the Past beats Playing With Fire. It is currently at 13,323 words but it'll be my newest and probably longest story.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/28 15:06 By InuYoukaiLiz.

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Longest story EVER... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 33
My longest story is not even a fanfic. It is my book, that will be coming out later this year. It is 346,687 words. It took forever!

My longest fanfic is The Miko and the Taiyoukai, and is 79,751 unfinished.

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Longest story EVER... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 91
Kryptonite at 166,008 words. That was well over a couple hundred pages. Though Supreme Conquest will assuredly go over that. It's already at 145,315 words long.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
My longest story is my first stroy Faded Memories with 26 chapters, 109 414 words, but it will be beaten at some point by my currently on going Tables Turned which is at present 99,859 words long, plus the slightly over 6000 words that I've so far managed to write for the next chapter to come the number of which will be 13. :3

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/28 16:02 By Chie.
LC Rose
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Longest story EVER... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 39
My longest to date is My Only at 116,088 words and roughly 200-something pages.

Logged Logged

~PPFT!~

Muses...cannot live with them, cannot kill them.
Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Longest story EVER... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 26
Most of my stories have been pretty short. Remnants of the Spider is my longest one as far as words and chapters. I am working on chapter 29 right now, and it is currenly 119,633 words long.

I anticipate at least another 15 chapters or so. Possibly more.

Logged Logged

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Longest story EVER... 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 9
Just a random question that suddenly popped into my head. The longest story I've ever written was clearly a Mary-Sue Pirates of the Caribbean story that was more than 87 pages long and it was still in the process of being finished but sadly I threw the notebook I wrote it in away (because I didn't want people to read it because it was so.........retarded xDD)

What is the longest story ya'll have written?- it can either be finished or not lol

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.