Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Inu Papa's Powers
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Inu Papa's Powers
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Inu Papa's Powers 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 91
Inupapa was already dying by the time he unleashed the Windscar against HUMANS, not demons, (I believe the quote was-I'm not long for this world to Myoga). He was aware this was his last battle by that point and there was no point in unleashing the full wrath of the Windscar when he didn't know where Inuyasha's mother was in that compound. If he had known he wouldn't have been calling out for her rather just take off to where she was.

As someone pointed out, those two swords were forged from his teeth with what he wanted in mind. But, since RT is woefully negligent about doing any kind of history about characters most of it is just guesswork and supposition on our part. There is no history given so we go by clues and most of it comes from the 3rd movie which wasn't exactly canon per se.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Inu Papa's Powers 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
I think it all depends on Inupapa's intent and and how much power he's willing to put into executing an attack. Since now oneelse really matched his strength and intelliegence he didn't have to rely on the use of poweful attacks such as Wind Scar or the Backlash Wave. Also think about it...if he felt that his opponent was weak and wasn't worth his time do ya'll really think he's opt for unecessary destrustion? Of course if the enemy was powerful then yes Inupapa would dish out any and all power to kill the enemy. So no...he'ss not weak he just knows when to use his powerful attacks and how much force to put into it when the situation arises. The way I see it he's a cunning strategist. Besides, the movies don't really go by the storyline of the manga therefore it wouldn't be considered cannon. Evidence supports this when you see the way Inupapa died in both the manga and the movies. In the manga it is implied that Inupapa died while fighting Ryukotsusei. Although he is strong and Rumiko is with the thoery that demons can heal quickly, because Inupapa had mortal wounds they wouldn't have healed as fast. Thus the reason he died. He did have enough strength to seal Ryukotsusei but after that he died. However, in the movie Inupapa died from the combined fatality of mortal wounds from a prior battle with Ryukotsusei and the burning palace ceiling that fell in top of him. Personally, I like the manga storyline better because at least Inupapa wasn't impaled by burning wood even though in the movie he died honorably by saving Izayoi and baby Inuyasha.

Believe me....I know my Inupapa I'm one of those obcessed 'papa fangirls xDD

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/28 20:04 By InuYoukaiLiz.

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Inu Papa's Powers 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 15
I agree, I mean, the dude made tessaiga and tensaiga from this TEETH.

Deadly dentistry--If that ain't power, I don't know what is lol.

Logged Logged

“It is impolite to stare, miko,” he said, his smile gone, bringing Kagome back down to earth.

Oh, hello earth, how are you? She addressed the planet in a daze. Just got back from whatever parallel universe I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d fallen into, did you know Sesshoumaru smiles there? Weird.

~Of Gods and Demons
DaiyoukaiGeisha
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Inu Papa's Powers 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 15
You can't automatically base his Wind Scar attack in the movie as weak in power because he didn't destroy a mountain with it in that scene. For all we know it wasn't an attack of lesser ability in that scene, but an attack with more control. As for Sesshomaru destroying a mountain with it. Well, the attack was clearly powerful, but was it really controlled? focused? Doesn't seem so to me.

Also, they all know the sword could kill 1000 demons in one sweep, but how did they know that was the truth? I think Inupapa killed quite a few demons with that sword when he had it. A lot more than a few low level human soldiers that really didn't require a full blast of the Tessaiga to defeat.

There is nothing in the manga I believe that indicates that Inupapa did not master the backlash wave. (Somebody quote me a chapter if they say somewhere that the dad never mastered it. I don't remember reading that bit.) The only thing Inuyasha did that his father did not was add to the sword's abilities. However of the abilities that were already there when Inuyasha inherited the sword, I think it's a safer assumption that his father could use those abilities at full strength and greater level than his son.

At the beginning of the manga:

Inupapa > Sesshomaru > Inuyasha

By the end of the manga:

Sesshomaru > Inupapa > Inuyasha

That just IMHO. Discuss!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/28 19:19 By DaiyoukaiGeisha. Reason: stupid typos

::::::::::::::::
I like to have a martini, Two at the very most.
After three Im under the table, after four Im under my host.
- Dorothy Parker
Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Inu Papa's Powers 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 33
I rather think that he had such pure physical strength that he did not need to rely on Tetsuiga only, or even So'unga. After all, he sealed Ryoukutsei and Hyoga with his fangs. Inuyasha couldn't do that, and I don't know if Sessy could either. He wouldn't have been so feared and revered if he were not powerful.

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Inu Papa's Powers 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 52
As far as we know, Inupapa's wind scar was not very powerful by movie terms, and certainly didn't approach Sesshomaru's wind scar. As far as we know, he never mastered the backlash wave as well. I wondered then if he wasn't as powerful as everyone made him out to be, but then I thought that maybe he just didn't feel the need to fully master Tetsuiga, when he had the Sounga as his main sword.

Feel freez to discuss.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.