Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Pardon me while I fangirl squeal
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Pardon me while I fangirl squeal
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Pardon me while I fangirl squeal 15 Years ago Karma: 31
This is sooooo far off topic that you may need to squint. I was perusing Angela Lansbury’s bio on IMDB when I came across this little gem. I’ve read (some time last year) a rumor online that there would be a remake of “The Last Unicorn” but now it seems that it will be a LIVE ACTION!!!!! Do you feel the epic-ness yet?!.

Here is what IMDB has to say:

She will be reprising the role of Mommy Fortuna in the live action remake of The Last Unicorn (1982), while Christopher Lee will be reprising his role from the 1982 animated version of King Haggard and Mia Farrow, who was the voice of the Unicorn/Amalthia, will be portraying Molly Grue.

I wonder if Rene Auberjonois will reprise his role as the Skull that Speaks?

This is squeal worthy! EPICwin

Logged Logged

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Pardon me while I fangirl squeal 15 Years ago Karma: 31
....Wow. Smittee is amazed. Karma for finding this. O.O

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Pardon me while I fangirl squeal 15 Years ago Karma: 31
Thank you Smittee!
It's not often someone can amaze you. I feel all tingly and special!

Logged Logged

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

MontiK
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Pardon me while I fangirl squeal 15 Years ago Karma: 42
That's uber o.o I can't wait to see it.. but I dunno, Mia Farrow was epic as the Unicorn I dunno if anyone could stand up to her performance...

More karma TY phish!!

Logged Logged

[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u211/ShexyMonti/MontiBannercopy.jpg?t=1236322064[/img]

^~~~~ Teensie made me a pretty Banner!!!! :D

plenair
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Pardon me while I fangirl squeal 15 Years ago Karma: 2
Hate bringing the bad news, being a big Last Unicorn fan. I've loved both the books and movies since I was a little girl. The movie has fortunately been 'in production since 1999', some small company in London has the rights to make the movie. Why 'fortunately' that it is still in production? Because Peter S. Beagles hopes they lose the rights before they even finish it. The company apparently made a lot changes to the story that the author does not approve of. So as nice as a Last Unicorn live action movie would be, I don't know how I would feel it being made when the author doesn't even like what they are doing with his creation. He is waiting for 2015 when he gets the movie rights back, and can hopefully find a company that would do the Movie justice.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.