Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Disney Movies
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Disney Movies
Lady_Mist
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Disney Movies 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 17
I practically grew up on disney. And I mean OLD disney. Cinderella, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, and so on. Around nine years old I "grew up" and started watching more things like pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!. Then at about eleven-twelve years I started watching Inuyasha. From fourteen to now I've been on a kind of hiatus from my norm, watching instead Family, South Park, ect.

About a few months ago, I started regressing back to Disney movies. It started with Beauty and the Beast, and now I'm on Bambi.

Even though I might be considered "too old" to be watching kids movies, as it woud be deemed "un-cool", am I the only one who thinks the OLD disney movies friggin rock? Or am I a lone loser over here?

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
toranushi23
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Disney Movies 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 2
You are SOOOO not alone. I totally watch Disney movies all the time especially Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, The Fox and the Hound, and Little Mermaid.... and I definately still watch kids shows all the time too:blush: .... i looove Sesame Street to this day. Now mind you i'm almost 24 and i have more common interests with my boyfriend's 7 year old than most adults!

Logged Logged
Lady_Mist
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Disney Movies 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 17
Oh gosh, I love the Lion King! All of them.

lol, I've been looking up AMVs for Bambi. I've been stuck on Bambi two today. I just keep watching it and re-watching. My computers gonna come alive and beat me with a toaster if this keeps up.

Logged Logged

Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Disney Movies 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 26
I love the old Disney movies! I hope to get a lot of those movies in the next few years. I had Lady and the Tramp on video, along with The Aristocats, Fox and the Hound and a few others. I hope to get all of my favourite Disney movies on DVD. I already have Aladdin, Hercules (got that movie mostly because of Hades... I love that guy!), The Lion King, Treasure Planet , Cinderella, and I just got Sleeping Beauty for Christmas. I tried to get Beauty and the Beast for my birthday, but I still haven't got it... And you wouldn't believe the hard time I'm having trying to find this DVD for a reasonable price! I'd have an easier time buying illegal drugs. (Don't worry, there will be no drugs for me! I'm just surprised at the hell I'm going through to get a childrens' movie...)

I tried buying Beauty and the Beast from e-b*y. I bought the one labeled "brand new" but was sent a pirated copy instead. Is there somewhere I could write in to complain? There's no way I'll accept paying $23 for a crappy $1 copy.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/03/25 14:33 By Honey-Bee.
CookieAsylum
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Disney Movies 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 4
@ Honey-Bee: Wait for the Disney vault to open in 10 years...

You're not the only one. lol I'm in college, and my friends and I all gather around on Friday nights to watch Disney movies, Miyazaki movies, and Dragonball Z. lol But nothing is as good as good ol' fashioned 2D animation. I mean, I like the Pixar stuff. But I prefer the classic style of Disney - The Lion King, Lady And The Tramp, Tarzan. I have to say that one of my all time favorite Disney movies is Brother Bear. I can watch that movie over and over again. It already has scratches on it. lol

The new Disney movie, The Princess and The Toad, is coming out soon. And it's classically animated - 2D!!! *dances* I'm so excited!

- CA

Logged Logged

Lady_Mist
Whelp
graphgraph
Sometimes it seems like Disney isn't even trying any more. The older movies all had something behind them. Now they just fall flat.

Btw, still watching Bambi 2. I'm addicted. Thank god for youtube.

Logged Logged

Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Disney Movies 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 33
I totally love Disney movies. There are also some other kids-type movies that totally kick ass. Labrynth, the Dark Crystal, the Last Unicorn, Nausicaa, and others. I am 29 and these are still my favorites...

Anime makes it on the list, but that is a given, right?

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Disney Movies 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 24
I'm turning the 2-0 this year and I STILL find the time to sit down and watch some good old disney. Nothing beats it, seriously. My favorites are Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, and Sleeping Beauty. Mulan was pretty kickass too. I used to cry every time I watched The Fox and the Hound when I was a kid. I loved the soundtrack for Tarzan. I was so obsessed with everything disney, when I was young, I had two huge bookcases filled to the brim with disney movies. lol.

Logged Logged

Lady_Mist
Whelp
graphgraph
I just realized something: The most dramatic scenes in most of disney movies take place during a storm: Bambi 2, Lion King, Lion King 2, Beauty and the Beast.

I have many favorites, but I really like Bambi 2, Mulan 1 & 2, All three lion kings, Beauty and the Beast 1 & 2, and Lilo and Stitch.

Logged Logged

Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Disney Movies 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 26
Aurora Antheia Raine wrote:
I used to cry every time I watched The Fox and the Hound when I was a kid.

I also used to cry whenever I watched The Fox and the Hound. That one scene with Widow Tweed dropping Tod off in the woods always brought tears to my eyes...

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/03/25 15:11 By Honey-Bee.
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
@Honey-Bee;;
Oh yes, I always bawled like a baby when I watched that scene. I haven't watch it in years, but I may still cry if I watch it. lol.

Aside from the wonderful animation, I also want to point out that all the old disney movies had -great- soundtracks. It was one of the top reasons why I love it so much since I'm such a music addict.

Logged Logged

Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Disney Movies 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 31
I love The Lion King! And Bambi--and all of Disney's classics actually. Have you noticed that Disney seems to be making sequels to almost all their originals movies...Like The Little Mermaid 2 & 3, The Lion King 2, etc.

Logged Logged
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
That's probably because they are running out of ideas. >___>;; They usually aren't -too- terrible though.

Logged Logged

Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Disney Movies 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 27
Saholia wrote:
I love The Lion King! And Bambi--and all of Disney's classics actually. Have you noticed that Disney seems to be making sequels to almost all their originals movies...Like The Little Mermaid 2 & 3, The Lion King 2, etc.

I agree, they have been adding sequels to everything. I feel cheated. I love the classics soooo much and I have a little sister and brother about ten years younger than me so I tend to sit and watch them whenever one of them come to visit (gives me an excuse to own them lol) but I'm not too fond of someof the sequels they have for some of the movies and it makes me sad they ruin a perfectly good movie.

Logged Logged

October Rose
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Disney Movies 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 3
i have a three year old daughter and i'm always popping in disney movies and watching them with her. i still cry during some of the heart felt moments. and the scene in the little mermaid where her father destroys her treasures still makes me cringe. but i guess we are all young at heart.

Logged Logged
MontiK
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Disney Movies 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 42
Honey-Bee wrote:
Aurora Antheia Raine wrote:
I used to cry every time I watched The Fox and the Hound when I was a kid.

I also used to cry whenever I watched The Fox and the Hound. That one scene with Widow Tweed dropping Tod off in the woods always brought tears to my eyes...

I never watched that movie past the first time cuz It was too sad.... I'm a sucker for happy endings.

I am addicted to all things Beauty and the Beast... including but not limited too the disney movie and when we get to old for disney movies... there's always those weird tidbits people say are 'sumbliminally' hidden in certain scenes to look for! xD

I still watch Saturday morning cartoons too... go Ninja Turtles!

Logged Logged

[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u211/ShexyMonti/MontiBannercopy.jpg?t=1236322064[/img]

^~~~~ Teensie made me a pretty Banner!!!! :D

burgundyburning
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Disney Movies 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
My favorite Disney movie is by far Beauty and the Beast. I think it has shaped (or warped) me...all of my favorite pairings follow this trend.
Elisa/Goliath (Gargoyles)
Spike/Buffy (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Sesshoumaru/Kagome (duh)
Michael/Maria (Roswell)
...many more!
These all involve relatively normal women with men who could be considered by some to be monsters. They are by far the best stories. I was discussing with my brother exactly what is revealed about yourself from what story/characters you connect with. It's very interesting.

Logged Logged
Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
angelic memories wrote:
Saholia wrote:

I agree, they have been adding sequels to everything. I feel cheated. I love the classics soooo much and I have a little sister and brother about ten years younger than me so I tend to sit and watch them whenever one of them come to visit (gives me an excuse to own them lol) but I'm not too fond of someof the sequels they have for some of the movies and it makes me sad they ruin a perfectly good movie.

I totally agree...I rather just stick to the originals...lol.

Logged Logged
MontiK
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Disney Movies 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 42
burgundyburning wrote:
My favorite Disney movie is by far Beauty and the Beast. I think it has shaped (or warped) me...all of my favorite pairings follow this trend.
Elisa/Goliath (Gargoyles)
Spike/Buffy (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Sesshoumaru/Kagome (duh)
Michael/Maria (Roswell)
...many more!
These all involve relatively normal women with men who could be considered by some to be monsters. They are by far the best stories. I was discussing with my brother exactly what is revealed about yourself from what story/characters you connect with. It's very interesting.

I think it's warped me too xD I tend to pick the sort of misfit/reject guys for BFs and Im always a sucker for the monstrous/ugly guy winning the hawt chick in just about every movie I see where's it possible! xD

Logged Logged

[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u211/ShexyMonti/MontiBannercopy.jpg?t=1236322064[/img]

^~~~~ Teensie made me a pretty Banner!!!! :D

phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
I recently found out that my 3 year old neice's favorite movie of all (this includes Non-Disney and all cartoons for her age group) is The Sword in the Stone. How cool is that?!.

My favorite Disney movie is one of the Masterpiece Live Action ones, Darby O'Gill and the Little People. A 20 something Sean Connery. Yum.

Logged Logged

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

Lady_Mist
Whelp
graphgraph
I have the song "Be Prepared" from Lion King stuck in my head:P

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.