Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Rant [ or hissy fit ]
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: Rant [ or hissy fit ]
Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 20
Okay, maybe I live under a rock or something but I just became aware of the new movie called Dragonball. Am I correct to assume they made a movie about Dragonball Z or whatever it is called? If they did, why can't thy make one about Inuyasha or Blood+?? I know so many that would go absolutely insane over movies about these wonderful shows!!Personally, I would do such a happy dance...anyway, Why - why-why???!!!UGH!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 26
There are Inuyasha movies. I think there are four of them. In fact there is a website where you can watch Inuyasha episodes, and movies for free. I just discovered it recently. I have watched a few episodes, but I think you need to sign up to watch the movies. At any rate here's the link. www.inuyashamovies.net/

Hope this helps!

Logged Logged

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
toranushi23
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 2
Oroyukae wrote:
Okay, maybe I live under a rock or something but I just became aware of the new movie called Dragonball. Am I correct to assume they made a movie about Dragonball Z or whatever it is called? If they did, why can't thy make one about Inuyasha or Blood+?? I know so many that would go absolutely insane over movies about these wonderful shows!!Personally, I would do such a happy dance...anyway, Why - why-why???!!!UGH!

My boyfriend and i argue that they should make 'real' Inuyasha movies... but i think in the end they would only butcher Inuyasha like they seem to have Dragonball. The only way they could do it any justice would be if Rumiko Takahashi was heavily involved in the process. Besides they still need to finish the anime.

Logged Logged
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 14
Pffft. Don't be so upset. The Dragonball movie is going to suck. They have a white guy playing Goku, just like they have a bunch of white kids playing most of the leads in Avatar the Last Airbender. No doubt if there were an Inuyasha movie, some white guy would be playing the part. I wouldn't wish a Hollywood take on Inuyasha -- it'd be a damn nightmare.

Logged Logged
sesshys_jaded_samuri
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 32
I have seen snippets of the Dragonball movie, and frankly, the first time I saw an official one, I cried. It is THAT bad.

It is a proven fact that Americans can not write for Asian actors (or what should be played by Asian actors). As much as I LOVE InuYasha, I can honestly say that I hope I never see an American made, live action version of it... I mean couldn't you just see someone like Anne Hathaway as Kagome.... blegh! I could think of a couple of likely candidates for Sesshomaru, based on their appearances and personality traits. Same goes for Naraku, but most of the good guys would be hard to place.

Logged Logged
Shikondrop
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 3
If they ever make a live action Inuyasha I would like to see Asian actors used. There are a few tall J-pop/rock singers and actors that would make be awesome as Sesshoumaru or Naraku. xD
As for the Blood there is a live action that will be released in May, I can't wait!! It's called Blood: the last vampire and yes, they are asian actors!

(trailer)

Logged Logged
DaiyoukaiGeisha
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 15
Ok, your rant made me rant.

Please, for the love of all that is holy and sacred, I hope they never make a live action version of Inuyasha. Hollywood (or whoever) will butcher the ever loving **** out of it. There are some things that work best animated, Inuyasha is one of them. Inuyasha + live action = Inuyasha Theater Production (scroll to the bottom of page). *shudders violently* Can you imagine who they'd cast? Dear God, the nightmares.

Yeah, there are 4 official Inuyasha movies (animated) total. I hope she makes more animated films of the series, or continues the anime (since the manga is finished), perhaps play with the style of animation (like highend computer generated animes like "Appleseed Ex Machina" ) to go out on a limb. But live action? No...just, no.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/03/15 02:56 By DaiyoukaiGeisha.

::::::::::::::::
I like to have a martini, Two at the very most.
After three Im under the table, after four Im under my host.
- Dorothy Parker
Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Im going to have to say, as a dragon ball fan myself the prospect of the movie was exciting, but after seeing the characters and reading the plot its more of a blatant butcher of it.

Logged Logged
DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 11
Pffft. Don't be so upset. The Dragonball movie is going to suck. They have a white guy playing Goku, just like they have a bunch of white kids playing most of the leads in Avatar the Last Airbender. No doubt if there were an Inuyasha movie, some white guy would be playing the part. I wouldn't wish a Hollywood take on Inuyasha -- it'd be a damn nightmare.

The little boy who's playing Aang (I think that's how it's spelled) is a member of my brother's taekwondo studio. I thought that was so cool! He helps out with the class sometimes, so the boy will call him Mr. and such. So cute!

Logged Logged
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 14
It's weird how the world is connected... but I stand by my opinion that I really would have preferred the lead characters to be played by non-Anglo actors. It's nothing against the kid personally. I just feel that as Americans, we tend to appropriate other cultures without wisdom behind the choice and instead of honoring that culture, we make a mockery of it. That's just my feeling, and maybe I'm wrong.

But opinions are like assholes, we all have 'em! ^_~ I meant no harm in the comment and I wish the kid who plays Aang tons of luck, he'll need it. (Fangirls. *shiver*)

Logged Logged
DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 11
Haha, no, I know you mean no harm. I agree with you really, I just thought it was rather interesting.

I have never met the boy myself, but my brother tells me he's bald just like Aang. I'll have to call him and find out more... I'm a bit of a curious cat. Maybe I should go see that movie!

Logged Logged
Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 31
Snowdrop wrote:
If they ever make a live action Inuyasha I would like to see Asian actors used. There are a few tall J-pop/rock singers and actors that would make be awesome as Sesshoumaru or Naraku. xD
As for the Blood there is a live action that will be released in May, I can't wait!! It's called Blood: the last vampire and yes, they are asian actors!

(trailer)

OMG--Thanks for posting this! I love Blood+, I'm so excited to see this. Though I'm kind of apprehensive about how it'll turn out... Karma for you Snowdrop!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/03/15 13:30 By Saholia.
CookieAsylum
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 4
I saw the preview to the Dragonball movie, and my eyes bled. I agree; Goku's character should be played by an Asian persion. No offense to Justin Chatwin, but he just can't pull off a Goku. My reason - he's too old. I thought Goku was around 10 in the series. I find it funny that they got the guy who played Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer to play King Piccolo. But I'll give them points for trying with Yamcha (played by Joon Park; he was pretty hot in Speed Racer lol) and a few other characters. Plus, the whole plot behind the movie pissed me off because it's a way to get people who don't know about the series to come to the film and not sticking to the facts.

- just my two cents. lol

Also, there's supposed be a live-action Cowboy Bebop movie coming out with Keanu Reeves as Spike. -dies-

Logged Logged

DaiyoukaiGeisha
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 15
CookieAsylum wrote:

Also, there's supposed be a live-action Cowboy Bebop movie coming out with Keanu Reeves as Spike. -dies-

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*goes into the fetal position*

*cries*

Logged Logged

::::::::::::::::
I like to have a martini, Two at the very most.
After three Im under the table, after four Im under my host.
- Dorothy Parker
Shikondrop
Pup
graphgraph
Why is Hollywood making all these live-actions of anime? xD They always manage to ruin everything with crap screenplays and the use unsuitable actors that don't even resemble the characters.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/03/15 12:33 By Snowdrop.
Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 20
Oh dear gods no.....not Cowboy too?? Have they no shame? Honestly, don't even want to know what they were on when they decided that one. I love that show ...[ fists balled up- face scrunched and turning red ] SOO ANGRY RIGHT NOW..However , the Blood+ snippets do look promising. Will have to wait and see.

Logged Logged
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 26
Lately, it seems that most of the movies being made now are taken from books, comic books and (more recently) anime... Is Hollywood running out of ideas?

I love James Marsters as Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I don't think I can see him act as anything else - especially not a green character from Dragonball Z (I think I saw someone paint him green to see what he'd look like in the upcoming movie. That's why I said "green" character).

I thought Keanu Reeves was good in The Matrix. Though it has been quite a few years since I saw that film... would I think differently of him now? Hmm...

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/03/15 13:33 By Honey-Bee.
CookieAsylum
Whelp
graphgraph
Completely off the Dragonball topic, but:

My thing is that if they do the Cowboy Bebop movie, they better have Yoko Kanno do the music. She is a MUST for the score.

Logged Logged

not-active
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 16
I didn't hear about the Dragonball movie until now. I looked up summaries, and it seems to be modeled after a poorly written A/U fic.

I know we can argue about Goku not being Asian... but if someone is a convincing actor, I may go for it. That being said, I'm not convinced because Goku is a kid in the manga and they tried to get some horrible sense of sex appeal for ladies watching the movie or whatnot.

AND BULMA ISN'T A BLUENETTE!!! WTF???!!!

Thank GOD they didn't desecrate Vegeta. Seriously.

Logged Logged
CookieAsylum
Whelp
graphgraph
Thank GOD they didn't desecrate Vegeta. Seriously.

... Not yet. XD

Logged Logged

not-active
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 16
... Not yet. XD

Quiet you!

Logged Logged
DreamWeaver
Pup
graphgraph
I was surprised when i first read about the Dragonball Movie. Frankly, i am disappointed with the cast of characters and plot they would use.
Well, I just hope they don't butcher it THAT much.I grew up on that anime too because my old man likes it.
They have already made a lot of remakes and there were rumors about making an American live action of Death Note [no offense meant to Americans. I know you guys are great :laugh: ]

I read the manga of Blood: The last vampire..

very visual..

Me likes the trailer of Blood

Logged Logged

toranushi23
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 2
Saholia wrote:
Snowdrop wrote:

(trailer)

OMG--Thanks for posting this! I love Blood+, I'm so excited to see this. Though I'm kind of apprehensive about how it'll turn out... Karma for you Snowdrop!

I had no clue they were doing the blood + movie. I'm giving you karma too cuz you just made my night! I just hope they don't screw it up like Deathnote 2.... i'm still pissed about that.... i mean they never even introduced Near or Mello... wtf? And they're doing a 3rd one that has even less base in the manga... ugh....

sorry... but this is the 'hissy fit' thread right? tehe

Logged Logged
twiknham
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Alright, a little information:
1. Cowboy Bebop has been put on indefinite hold. Keanu Reeves as Spike is only a rumor that got its start from a blog asking who the best actor for Spike would be. Personally, I think that even if they found a decent Spike, it would be impossible to find a decent Fae, Fae so I hope that it remains on hold.
2. Ghost in the Shell is going to be a CGI and it also is on hold.
3. DBZ has had an American cult following long before it was ever translated into English, so I can see why they would want to do something with it. It has been in the works for several years and I've been seeing snipets of scenes here and there on the web for almost a year now. Streetfighter made it to silver screen first, if that tells you anything about how good THAT movie is going to be. Given the success of the Mortal Kombat series though, they have a chance with a certain genre of viewer and are good choices for investors. I think they are going to butcher DBZ, but I'll probably chuck in my $3.00 to see it at the dollar theater. If nothing else, maybe the fight scenes won't be quite as long, which would definitely be an improvement over the anime.

Logged Logged
Akay
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Rant [ or hissy fit ] 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 18
LMAO!!!!

OH my god you guys are all too funny! Ok I'm gonna back pedal a bit on this thread so that I am all caught up if you don't mind.

1. For years my uncle had told me about a DBZ movie being in the works and at that time he had told me that Leonardo DiCaprio was gonna play my all time fave character, Trunks. So I was like younger and all excited like oooooh yay!! Get to the present time and the movie is called Dragonball. I was excited that is until I saw the trailer. Bulma - no blue hair? Goku - don't look ten years old? EH?!?! Something just doesn't seem right so I think I will sit that movie out.

2. OMG *passes out* a Blood+ movie!?! That trailer looks promising.

3. I think I'm going out of order. Cowboy Bebop... live action? Uh, no please don't butcher my show. And who the hell thought Keanu Reeves will make a good Spike? Don't get me wrong I love the guy... but... no just no.

4. I agree with whoever said Hollywood is running out of ideas. I swear if I see another Spiderman, Hulk, Batman, (I'll let Iron Man pass since it's just getting started) movie I will seriously scream. Especially Spiderman. Dude, you had several chances to get the girl you let her down move on and keep fighting your villians. Sheesh!!

5. I'm so losing track of what everyone mentioned Death Note... lol... the first one I couldn't even finish watching past the first few minutes. I know I won't survive the second one. On top of that I didn't too much care for the anime it drove me crazy (and yet I still watched it - but I won't anymore). I see the Death Note movies in Walmart every time I go in and shake my head No.

6. To finish off my post... anime as action movies... eh, I say leave them be. I swear if I hear that they trying to make Bleach, Inuyasha, or Naruto a live action I'll die big time!

Ohh... last minute

7. Seriously, there's actually an Avatar movie coming out? *goes look that up*

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/03/16 15:56 By Akay.
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.