Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
All About Bras...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: All About Bras...
xXx Juu Dai Sama xXx
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:All About Bras... 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
A good remedy for somewhat saggy breasts is a certain exersize at the gym, the pectoral muscles under your breasts are what make them perky. Trust me,I've had that problem for a while. I have DD (Damned Doubles, lol) You just have to work at it.

And for those girls who think they're too small, this helps too ^_^;

Logged Logged

-Looking in the mirror, then bursts into song.- I feel so pretty, oh so pretty~ =3. -Sesshoumaru.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:All About Bras... 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 91
Underwires are evil and had to be invented by a man, HAD to be, because no woman would ever make somehing like that to torture another woman.

I actually remove them when i buy a new bra because they feel like they are slicing things off. That's why i like sports bras so much. I look like I have less and no underwires, hooks, clasps or anything like that. Heaven!

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
ITL
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:All About Bras... 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 19
I truly don't mind underwires...until they poke out an poke me then i rip them out and throw them away

Logged Logged

And my wonderful Icon was made by the equally wonderful Danyealle Myst
Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:All About Bras... 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 34
I put on my bra by hooking it in the front and spinning it to the back. Part of the reason is because i'm a big girl and my arms just don't reach behind me enough to hook it up that way. At the same time my boobs are naturally gimungous. Rather than try to create cleavage, I do my best to minimize how large my boobs actually are. I've never, NEVER, had a problem with cleavage. Large boobs do that to people.

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
Katie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:All About Bras... 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
Strap perfect works you say?? Ive been wanting to try that I wear tank tops and am always showing strap. Its a little skanky .. but hey ... why pretend ... kidding.

Ladies, I used to work in the intimates department at a big store (worst place in the world to work ive seen more old lady's bras than id like to admit to) the biggest thing that makes a bra uncomfortable is that most of us arent wearing the right size. Get measured and get the right size and viola!

I love under wire, and lots of padding. For real, punch me in the chest I cant feel it theres a good ten pounds of gel padding in there. Push up FTW.

And Finally...

Nobody's a girl! You are on the list of people I had pegged for male. And Fortunesque. Sorry.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/01/21 22:45 By Katie33h.
elley
Pup
graphgraph
Re:All About Bras... 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
I have to say that I really prefer underwire. I just feel like my breasts are supported better if I wear bras with underwire. Don't have a problem unless the wire starts going throught the fabric and poking my flesh. Then it's time to get a new bra.

I totally understand the the size issue. A lot of women I know don't really understand the sizing for bras. But the correct size does wonders. However, I also feel the way a bra cup is shaped plays a role in the perfect fit too.

Now I was also wondering about Strap Perfect. I thought it looked neat on TV, but it looks like it does extra stretching to the bra straps. I don't know if I want to do that to my bras, especially since it takes me forever to find the perfect bra.

Logged Logged
AmberDawn
Pup
graphgraph
I put my bras on Clip in front then the Twist and Flip. I have never worn a push-up bra and sports bras just give me uniboob, what with theese DD's I feel as if I'm a little top heavy and if I bend over I will fall because the rest of me is petit.
I have one bra that clips in front though, and that is my favorate because it makes me look perfict. And when I went back to the store to buy a second or a fifth, they were all gone.

Logged Logged
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:All About Bras... 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Truthfully I have yet to try them, hoping I can put enough money aside from my one little paycheck to get it hehe. But when I do get them I'll repost on here to let ya know how well they work.

And I wouldn't think it would stretch the straps too much, but if you do get them before someone else can let ya know, just try them out on an older bra you will probably throw out soon.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
FeatherGoblinfrost
Pup
graphgraph
I can put mine on either way. Just depends on my mood

I would like to be put on a donor list, damn A cup!

Logged Logged
not-active
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:All About Bras... 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 16
I can put my bra on both ways, now that I think of it
Supposedly, if underwire hurts you, then you're likely not wearing the right size in the bra you tried on. I have had issues with painful underwire... not so fun.
I want to know what's with this "add 5 or 3 inches to your rib size and that's your band size" nonsense. I can't tell you how many times I've been fitted and they've given me a 40B and then they wonder why it's flopping off of me... after all, they did the measurements right. I'm a 36 C/D, depending on the brand. Being in between cup sizes really sucks >.<

Lolerblades at me being a boy. XD I wonder if I should put a pic of me as my badge/avatar/thinger?

Logged Logged
elley
Pup
graphgraph
That's a first I've heard of the add inches thing. Although I totally get the whole brand thing. Sometimes I'm a 34B for most brands, but once in a while I have to get the C. I thought these sizes were supposed to be standardized. -_-'

Logged Logged
PoisonIvy
Pup
graphgraph
Re:All About Bras... 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
The whole measurement thing does get confusing. Something I only learned in the last year though: cup sizes vary according to band size. So, the cup of a 34C is not the same size as a 38C. The 38C is a larger C. Therefore, band size always comes first when fitting for a bra.

All this sizing stuff makes me feel pretty silly, really. Wearing a bra since 12 years old and only learning how to buy the right size a decade later? Now there's something I wouldn't mind learning in health class, instead of the various flavors of lube.

Logged Logged
possessed
Pup
graphgraph
I have seen actual clinics where they will HANDS ON teach you how to correctly size and fit yourself for a bra. Too much interaction for me...

Logged Logged
not-active
Whelp
graphgraph
I agree... though it does get the job done. The first time I had someone measure me topless, it was a bit awkward. But, after doing a cardio-stress test topless, I think I'm past the measuring thing

I actually had some moron measure me OVER my shirt and everything! I was wearing a top, and a cami, and my bra..... how do you get a good measurement from that? She was one of the people that sized me as a 40B... go figure

Logged Logged
Cheebers McGee
Pup
graphgraph
Bra shopping is like the worst undertaking in the world for me. Every measurement and cup sizing is different, but that seems to be a trend here. I've got the standard Bra horror stories, but with two drastically different cup sizes on the left and right, finding a 'fitted' bra is a nightmare.

Just recently I've discovered some really kick-butt sports bras that accommodate the big girls. It's the Lilyette Sports bra by Maidenform. It's part of their In Motion series- Everything is strapped in, supported and separated for max comfort. And when I run, these babies don't go anywhere! I'm in a 40DD on my big side, and these bras still hold my prosthetic in place without that uniboob action or any embarrassing slippage. Just thought I'd share the good fortune.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/01/25 11:09 By CheebersMcGee.

possessed
Pup
graphgraph
Kyuthe: uniboob action

Love this description----^

This comment made me think what it would look like if they bounced opposite each other while running... Sorry, the visual is just odd... funny, but odd.

Logged Logged
Cheebers McGee
Pup
graphgraph
Well, when you put it that way, I'm laughing too.

Logged Logged

not-active
Whelp
graphgraph
Haha! The infamous 'uniboob'! I had one of those types of sports bras until I realized that exercise bras were to make it so that exercise didn't hurt. Go figure lol

Logged Logged
gradualwisd0m
Pup
graphgraph
Re:All About Bras... 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 2
I just went bra shopping about 2 weeks ago. Actually, maybe 1 week ago. I'm a devoted Lane Bryant shopper and really like their Cacique brand bras. However, I ONLY buy when they're doing a buy-one-get-one deal or some other sale because WOW expensive.

Depending on how you look at it, I'm a DD or a D. Unfortunately, I'm one of those women with uneven breasts to the point where one is a D and the other could more than fill a DD cup. No amount of exercise is going to help because it's a matter of excessive skin. It's been the bane of my chest since I can remember developing. I always had a problem of the bra fitting one breast fine while the other poured out of the other side or fitting one side and the other side having excessive room.

I first started wearing a bra in 4th grade when I was 10. Being over weight my whole life made developing breasts at that age horrible. I wore sports or minimizer bras as a teenager until I discovered padded bras in college.

I used to hate underwire bras but the ones I just bought have underwires. The girl at the store measured me. It used to freak me out (you know how changing bra or pant sizes can bother the hell out of you) but then I decided that it's a number and that comfort is more important that trying to fit a specific size.

Back to the original thread topic...

I put my arms in the straps, grab the bottom of the bra, lean forward and sort of scoop my boobs into the bra. Once they're "shelved" so to speak I reach back and clasp behind my back. I've had bras with 3, 4, or 5 clasps that fasten in the back. I once wore a front-clasp bra. I had gone to church with my sister and I realized half-way through the service that I was flying free under my shirt because the clasp had come undone somehow. I havn't worn another since.

The only thing I put on in the front and turn around is the corset I wore for prom and the one I wore for my wedding. There's no way in hell I could do 8-10 clasps behind my back.

Logged Logged

RayRay
Pup
graphgraph
I have a tendency to hook the bra in front of me and turn it around then slip my arms into the straps to get it on. It's more comfortable for me since I have tried doing it the "right" way. After trying both ways since I was 11, I just prefer the backwards way.

Oh and for those who wear the bras with the hook in front, those are comfortable but I have to say I haven't worn those kinds in years due to the fact that I grew up around guys who tried to get the hook undone on purpose to tease me. So not fun!

Also, I agree with getting yourself sized. I went to Victoria Secrets just before Christmas because I needed a new strapless bra and I knew they would measure me if I asked. Well my 34C breasts are apparently 34D's and I never knew this. I felt so weird going a bra size up but I've also learned it depends on the bra since I do still wear the 34C's I have, especially if they're a push up *loves push-ups*.

Logged Logged

~Sesshy\'s RayRay~
not-active
Whelp
graphgraph
gradualwisd0m, you're not alone. I developed very fast as well. I got my first period at 11. Crazy.

I know a lot of women like Victoria's Secret, but I personally can't stand them. Their advertising and huge fashion shows always made me feel insecure as an obese teen. I went to a private school full of girls that made fun of me constantly about my weight. These girls would always talk about the latest from Victoria's Secret and would go shopping together... and then I'd go home and see the commercials and feel even more inadequate. That store runs small too. Has anyone else noticed this?

Anyway... off of the soapbox...

I go to Dillard's to get fitted. They're very nice near me, and I can get good bras on sale and usually in the size I need

Logged Logged
elley
Pup
graphgraph
Well, I think whether a store runs too big or too small is all very relative. Personally, I feel Victoria's Secret runs a bit too big. However, I am a 5 foot Asian girl so many brands run a bit big on some things. But I totally get the self conscious feeling of seeing the VS models in all the advertisements. I may wear the small sizes, but I definitely can't wear it the way they do. I'm all chubby and flabby, but I hide it well under clothes. I am by no means a petite doll-like Asian girl. However, when you deal with sexy lingerie, there's really no place to hide all that extra...stuff.

I have to admit I like the convenience of front clasp bras. For some reason though, every time I wear one, the clasp would undo itself in the course of my day at least once. It's rather embarrassing when you feel all that support suddenly disappear while you're having a conversation with someone at work.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/01/25 22:31 By icedhaze.
Krystina
Pup
graphgraph
I started developing around 11 as well. Absolutely horrible and supposedly I'm still developing. Which is hilarious, since I'm 16, and I think I stopped when I was like 13. Height wise AND breast size. >: A few of my friends have rather large breasts and say how lucky I am and how they'd die for a smaller cup size. The grass always looks greener, I guess.

I don't really have a huge issue with buying bras except after a while they seem to lose their shape and even if they fit just wonderful the straps seem too big. The cup size is fine and everything, just the straps are really loose. =/ For some reason I think if I was taller than 4' 10 1/2" everything would be easier ;_; Oh well.

Logged Logged
gradualwisd0m
Pup
graphgraph
Re:All About Bras... 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 2
OH dear! You aren't going to stop developing until you're clear into your 20s!

Logged Logged

Krystina
Pup
graphgraph
I certaintly hope so. I've been told that you stop X number of years after your first period, so I wasn't sure how much longer I was going to develop.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.