Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Please help SunsetMiko!!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Please help SunsetMiko!!!
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Please help SunsetMiko!!! 2 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 277
Hey Dokugians!!!!!!

If you've been on this site for any time whatsoever, you know I don't usually allow things like this. Now, however, one of our own beloved authors needs help in some dire circumstances. If ANYONE can step up and help her with a couple dollars, I know it would be greatly appreciated.

SunsetMiko, author of some incredible stories here on Dokuga, recently lost her mother - suddenly and tragically - right in front of her. The family has gone through some tough times with car crashes & health troubles, but this really threw them for a loop.

They've been living pretty much hand to mouth and can't really afford even the simplest of funeral services for her mom. She's posted a Gofundme to try to get enough to cover cremation and burial... and it's not going well.

In gratitude for all the many hours of enjoyment I've gotten from her stories over the years, I've donated, but I thought that some of you might also want to help if you can. So, here's the link to the Gofundme. If you can kick in anything, please consider it:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-us-recover-from-our-unexpected-loss?viewupdates=1&rcid=r01-164398699

Thanks so much for being the incredible community that we are, my fellow Dokugians!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Silinara
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Please help SunsetMiko!!! 2 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 77
Thanks for posting this here- Ive gotten so much enjoyment from Sunsetmiko's stories I'll go check it out.

Logged Logged
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Please help SunsetMiko!!! 2 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 76
I see what I can spare.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Please help SunsetMiko!!! 2 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 38
I want to thank Wiccan for posting this here and trying to help. Life has been rough, with new problems popping up at every turn, but mom's death has been the worst. She was my best friend; she lived with us, helped with the kids, the bills, and the chores. The loss has hit me really hard and the stress of losing her income has made things very difficult, especially while also trying to come up with the money for her cremation. We picked the cheapest option, didn't even get an urn, but it's still more than we could afford, since we had no savings thanks to van break downs(they had to fix the transmission twice), a car accident, my daughter's dog getting a brain tumor and having to be euthanized at only five years old, and I could go on. I don't know what we did to anger the universe, but honestly, that's always been our type of luck. But losing mom, that I never expected. She was only 62 and I thought that we would still have a good decade or two together.

I know I haven't updated in forever, but it's hard to find inspiration and the oomph to type when my anxiety is at such a constant high. I am hoping to get back to it, though, because I definitely need some kind of outlet. Right now, I'm just trying to stay sane, get mom's cremation paid for while still being able to pay household bills, and then figure out a job that I can actually do. I've never been able to work because of my anxiety and depression, but it looks like I'm gonna have to power through, unless I can find a legitimate work from home opportunity.

Anyway, thank you for any help you can offer. Thank you to those that donated. Thank you even if you can't; thank you just for reading my stories for so long and giving me a source of positive reinforcement with your reviews. They kept me going during hard times, and I'm sure they will again once I can write again. Thank you for always being supportive. It means the world to me.
Sunset

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2022/02/07 16:16 By sunsetmiko.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.