Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Live Journal Restlessness?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Live Journal Restlessness?
Crisalide
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Live Journal Restlessness? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
This thread/rant applies to the website: www.livejournal.com

So I've recently acquired an account. Of course I immediately joined the Dokuga as well as Ebony Silks Communities and have begun to write for their prompts right away. It's a real great way to get the gears of the brain to work and to have ideas to spring off on, I've found.

However, they have this rule where one may not post until voting is over. And I find myself very restless. Usually, I do not find inspiration to write, and thus I hardly ever update with anything. Though, lately I have been writing stories left and right. But They have all gone into the LJ communities, and some for prompts that haven't even begun their cycle yet!

So I find my fingers itching to post, but am aware that it is not possible. And I do understand the reasons why (sort of). Instead, I continue to write more and more prompts. So I find myself in this never ending (it has only just begun!) vicious cycle where I write but I cannot post the piece to a bigger and more widespread fiction community.

End Rant. I am posting/ranting to help alleviate my pain. I believe it is working

Question: Does anyone else feel my despair? Or am I totally crazy and alone?

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Akay
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Live Journal Restlessness? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 18
Hm... I'm not really sure about all the others, but Dokuga Contest's wait isn't all that bad if you have something else to occupy your mind for the time being. Weekly Perfection only is a week wait and the One Shot contests are like... two?

Anyway if you really want to write and post right after on Dokuga Contest if you haven't seen it already there are these Ongoing Challenges. Meaning no due dates, no specific word counts and such I believe. And they are the Spectrum Challenge and Seasons Challenge.

Like I said if you haven't seen those already you should check it out. You might enjoy it. And you get pretty banners for them !!

Spectrum: community.livejournal.com/dokuga_contest/6573.html
Seasons: community.livejournal.com/dokuga_contest/6875.html

And if you're still in the Christmas mood... apparently there was this one as well - Christmas: community.livejournal.com/dokuga_contest/88748.html

Have Fun!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/01/04 05:39 By Akay. Reason: Jeesh bad wording
Crisalide
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Live Journal Restlessness? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
Thanks! Hee~ I'm already working on the spectrum one! I just adoooore colors!

Also~ Since when did I become Inuyoukai?! So coooL!

Thanks very much for the reply, Miss Akay

Logged Logged

Akay
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Live Journal Restlessness? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 18
LOL no problem. Have loads of fun.

By the way... did you see recently they added a new ongoing challenge. I believe they call it Child's Play.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/01/08 10:26 By Akay.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.