Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Demonlordlover- S/K Fanfiction Haven yahoo group
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Demonlordlover- S/K Fanfiction Haven yahoo group
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Demonlordlover- S/K Fanfiction Haven yahoo group 4 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 171
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/demonlordlover2/info

In case no one was aware...

Attention: Starting December 14, 2019 Yahoo Groups will no longer host user created content on its sites. New content can no longer be uploaded after October 28, 2019. Sending/Receiving email functionality is not going away, you can continue to communicate via any email client with your group members.

That’s what it says at the top of the group. I believe this means the stories that are uploaded there will no longer be available. One of my favorites is Conversations With A Taiyoukai, and it would be a shame for it to disappear.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2019/10/22 01:02 By Serena530.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
annmachado
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Demonlordlover- S/K Fanfiction Haven yahoo group 4 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm really sad to hear that. I lost access to my Yahoo ID years ago hence I cannot join the group I even tried creating a new yahoo mail but I get an error each time I try to join. I really love that story, would you mind emailing me a copy? Many Thanks (my email is gabrielleannele@yahoo.com)

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2019/10/22 07:07 By annmachado.
insomniac_amy
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Demonlordlover- S/K Fanfiction Haven yahoo group 4 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 95
I believe that WiccanMethuselah oversees demonlordlovers stories so I have no doubt that she won't let anything happen to them.

Logged Logged

I claimed Shippo`s mushroom in the claim game.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Demonlordlover- S/K Fanfiction Haven yahoo group 4 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 277
Amy is absolutely right... I am in the process of researching where we'll need to move the group, then I will send out a site-wide message with instructions as to where and how to sign up for the new group. I would NEVER let those files get deleted without backing stuff up, in fact, I've had back-ups on both my lappy and my desktop for years.

For annmachado... I will post here when I have the files transferred and you will be able to sign up for whatever site we end up at. I have a thing about emailing stories around between people. One person asks, then you have 40 more people asking for a copy and it takes up a lot of time and space. I will try to get to this in the next couple days, hold tight!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

annmachado
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Demonlordlover- S/K Fanfiction Haven yahoo group 4 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Ah that's great to hear. Thank you for your efforts. Those stories were written with effort and love so I'm happy that they won't get deleted! Looking forward to rereading them soon.

Logged Logged
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Demonlordlover- S/K Fanfiction Haven yahoo group 4 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 171
Thank you for your efforts WiccanMethuselah. I look forward to the new group. Good luck in your research.

Logged Logged
Elehanna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Demonlordlover- S/K Fanfiction Haven yahoo group 4 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 6
Wiccan, you could post it to spark, if you can access that bit of the site and add things to it, it's a not updating area, and those fics will never be updated more than what is already there. If you have to, you could most likely ask someone to help make a section just for the yahoo area.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Demonlordlover- S/K Fanfiction Haven yahoo group 4 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 156
I don't know if any of these will be helpful for you, Wiccan, but here is what OTW has posted about the Yahoo Groups shut down in regards to preserving fanworks.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Demonlordlover- S/K Fanfiction Haven yahoo group 4 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 277
Thank you, Elehanna and Chie, for your suggestions. I'm currently thinking about archiving on Google, since I can more completely control access to the stories that way. A few of the stories we have been entrusted with were with the understanding that access would be limited and, if found pirated, they would be removed from all access.

Something tells me that I wouldn't have that sort of control with OTW. I understand their mission, why they exist, but I have to remember the people who let me upload their work when deciding where to post it. Who knows if they'd still object to unfettered access? Not me, but I'm not taking any chances, even with the stuff that hasn't been touched in over a decade.

I may, or may not, follow Danyealle-sama's lead and create a Facebook account for the group... I'm still mulling over that one. I'm not terribly happy with FB right now, so we'll see how that goes. We have until December to completely remove everything on the site, so I'm not going to rush this.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Demonlordlover- S/K Fanfiction Haven yahoo group 4 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 156
Yeah I understand OTW isn't an option if you need to restrict access in anyway. However, I think as mentioned in the other post I linked earlier, that Dreamwidth might be a viable option? At least unless the fics have to be available for downloading... But it might be a more fandom friendly option to FB anyway?

Logged Logged
Fye
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Demonlordlover- S/K Fanfiction Haven yahoo group 4 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 24
Even though I wasn't in the yahoo group and have been quite inactive in Dokuga, I was also gonna suggest dreamwidth as a good choice for this task.

Dreamwidth groups are handled quite similarly to livejournal ones (with the difference being DW is more reliable than LJ, but that's another story), so you can control access to the group via moderators/administrators; to access the community, people need to create a DW account first and apply to the group, so you would be able to choose who joins or not. You can even get people to do some sort of post stating some info just to be sure they're not bots (I was able to join a community after posting in my journal I was over 18, for example) or even state they were part of the original yahoo groups, if you'd like.
On the bad side, you can copy the text from the posts, so there's the risk of people joining with the idea of plagiarizing Demonlordlover's works, and I know this was the main issue of why her fics were pulled in the first place.

Hope I added my two cents. I remember DLL's works and it would be a tragedy to lose them again, so Wiccan, you're a treasure for trying to keep them online.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Demonlordlover- S/K Fanfiction Haven yahoo group 4 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 277
Thank you both, Chie and Fye, for suggesting Dreamwidth. Funny factoid... I had an account there eons ago when it first started up! I'll have to go back and take a look to see how things have progressed and see if I can figure a way to keep access tight but make sure it's available. Great ideas, again, thank you!!

I agree with Fye, I don't want to lose DemonLordLover's works - at least those that aren't also posted here. I spoke to DLL a little while ago and mentioned that I'd like to go through 'Conversations' and spruce it up & she didn't have any objections. Now, if I could just get the time to do so!

Also, you may be pleased to hear that DLL is branching out into original fiction!! I will have to dig through my emails to find the one that has a link to book 1 of her upcoming series. I will post here when I find it!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.