Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Underrated Anime
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Underrated Anime
Jackie
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Underrated Anime 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 6
What Anime`s do you feel are underrated?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Underrated Anime 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 57
Maybe ones like comedy-romance things like Ouran High School Host Club. It was seriously funny for a toon about a cross-dressing teenager.

Other underrated, well, maybe a couple of the more serious-like anime-style animated movies, like Sword of a Stranger, which I really liked despite the rolling heads.

It had enough realism to not be toonish, and enough comedy to be kinda sweet, especially the lead characters.

And it wasn't seriously cheesy either.

Another under-rated one might be the Appleseed films based on Masamune Shirow's body of work.

The only one I really liked was Deus Ex Machina.

The other films were OK, but lacked substance.

Besides, having a mecha-boyfriend is cool, especially when he's all cyborgy but is still incredibly huggable.

Aw.

Other underrated anime, probably Inuyasha, especially in the ideas it has of being different like Inuyasha himself, in a world divided in two, between humans and youkai.

You can't get any more realism than that, since we all struggle with identity.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
4everinbluejeans
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Underrated Anime 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
There's a lot actually. OK, I'll just start with my favorites. LOL

Ergo Proxy - Set in a dystopian society where men lives inside a domed metropolis, limited, unfeeling, and relies greatly on Autoraves (bots) as companions. It has a lot of philosophical and psychological undertones that I love. I mean, the way it was written was kinda like poetry. The plot and the characters were really well written.

Witch Hunter Robin - I don't really get why this anime did not received any waves of followers. It was well written, the female leads were strong and independent, and most of the characters are very relatable (not to mention Amon is really H.O.T). I was really disappointed that there was no season 2 for this one and left fans wondering what happened at the end.

Wolf's Rain - Again, this anime has gorgeous art, well written plot and characters. It showcase the frailties residing among us and the length we can go to attain our goals. This might be one of the saddest and tear-jerking anime I watched. I remember crying over the last 4 episodes.

Arjuna - This anime made me care more about the things around me. It was very philosophical and somewhat an eye-opener. I remember using some of its lines for my school paper (and earning high scores because of it LOL). Although the art is not really gorgeous, the well-written plot, dialogues and characters made up for it. Plus, the scores written by Yoko Kanno was utterly amazing.

Now and Then, Here and There - OK, where to start. If you don't like psychological, dark and utterly depressing anime, stay away from this one. This anime deals with war, the moral issues and the consequences of it. The slavery and abuse of children was highly depicted on this anime. I remember crying over some of the disturbing at the same time beautiful scenes. The show was very realistic and did not held back on the messages they want to convey.

Half-wall of text. XD I still have a handful more but yeah...haha *sweats*

Logged Logged

There was a reason I collided into you. - Susie Suh
mythicamagic
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Underrated Anime 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 21
Psychic Detective Yakumo - its one of my favorite underrated gems. It has spirits, mystery, hints of romance and an awesome opening. The anime is only 13 episodes long and its characters and mini stories for each episode are lovely. A few of the episodes made me cry since they're about ghosts. Yakumo himself is a great main character and his own story ties into the whole plot. I think the manga is still ongoing. ^^

Welcome to the NHK - this one might not be for everyone. Its a slice of life anime thats about a hikikomori slowly getting sucked into different dark obsessions. He gets into anime, RPG gaming, accidentally signs up to a suicide pact and a pyramid scheme. It's both hilarious and heartbreaking.

Baccano - I think most people have seen Durarara but before that came Baccano, which is in my opinion much better. It's an anime set in America in the 1930's and revolves around 3 plot lines all going on in different years that connect. It's quite confusing on the first watch, but stick with it and you'll eventually see that all the plots connect. I recommend this one in english dub for the american accents. ^^

Pandora Hearts - I'd recommend this one to those who like Alice in Wonderland. It's like a twist on the story but with darker elements and a whole load of new characters and plot. Break the mad hatter is my favorite character. ^^

I have more but this will probs be enough for now XD

Logged Logged
GreyEcho
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Underrated Anime 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 27
A lot I love were already mentioned.

But I highly suggest Skip Beat. Kinda slice of life comedy drama. What I really like is how the main character grows. Pushed aside by her crush(who b came a pop star) who she did anything for and was totally used by, she takes revenge. Aling the way she grows stronger as a person and finds herself in a way.

Also really enjoyed Wall Flower. Comedy. Girl goes to live in a manson with four really hot looking guys( which she finds their looks too bright for her). Guys get to live their rent free in the condition that they make Sadoko become a lady. Sadoko is into skulls, and other various things. It's cute and a good comedy to watch. Maybe not for the younger crowd due to the practically nude opening. <.<

gundam 0083: war in a pocket. Kinda sad and sweet... Bittersweet. Light hearted but touches on serious things and drama. 4 episodes long.

Please Save my Earth. One of my all time favorites and one of my gateways into anime. Slightly messed up drama and life series but pretty good. Deals with the ren carnation of these 7 scientist from another planet that were studying the earth from the moon. All were reincarnated on earth. Eventually they all have dreams which they call "Moon dream" and after finding someone with a similar dream post in a esp magazine to find the other scientists. Drama and life kinda anime.

Trinity blood: mainly for Ian and ester. Wasn't a huge fan of the main character but is a good anime. Vampires and what not.

zombie loan: funny and full of drama and interesting characters. Though is overall a serious anime with humor here and there. At times a bit of a tear jerker. Main character has death eyes and can see the ring of death appear and grow on people's necks shortly before they die. She realized two student at her school have a complete ring of death yet are not dead. Turns out they're zombies hunting other zombies not bought back on a contract that are killing others. Though they were brought back on a contract and hunt other zombies in order to become truly alive and this no longer have the resources no of death in their necks. She ends up helping them.

Looking for a random funny mindless anime? Good Luck Girl. A bit serious at times but overall cute. Highly recommend vegging to. Cute and funny. A goddess of misfortune is sent to right the balance for this girl's luck out as she has a insane amount of it. Turns out she is also sucking any happiness (good luck) from those around here and eventually bringing them misfortune. While the girl is licking in a lot of things she is closed off to anyone getting close and doesn't trust anyone. This anime theme kinda pushes opening up to others. Though extremely humorous. Like Ranma 1/2 mixed with Excell Saga mixed with Cromarte high school. Not for younger audiences due to slightly mature or immature moments not for the young crowd.

Not the best of summaries.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/08/26 00:03 By lunaticneko. Reason: Typo

I claimed Kagura`s awesome flying feather! Everyone should have one.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.