Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Yura of the Hair (and a ramble on)
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Yura of the Hair (and a ramble on)
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Yura of the Hair (and a ramble on) 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 31
I started to rewatch the series. I remembered there being so many fillers that were rehashes of episodes. I remember being disappointed when it ended. There was still somewhere in my love of the show that kept coming up: the journey aspect. So, I'm back watching it, and I've even got my fanfiction writing spark back.

I watched this episode, and one of the things I also fell in love with when it came to the show popped up. How well it was written (especially int he first episodes). Yes, the art changed as it went on, becoming more smooth. More and more character development started to happen as well (except for poor Kouga). Those first stories though were amazing, filled with both a flowing story, but with more of the legends and myth of Japanese lore, as well as not finding any plot holes. It also didn't present Kagome as weak, which is always a major plus.

Yura's episode is one of these fine examples. She was a great villain, a great challenge, and brought a great look into Japanese legends. It flows well and tells an amazing story. It shows the usefulness of Kagome's powers as well, were Inuyasha and Kagome have to work together to succeed. Many later episodes they more have her as the shard locator, who points it out to him. Not saying there aren't some good episode where she shows strength, but this felt like a great one in the beginning.

Let's not forget Yura's wonderful personality and the Kaede side gag. It answered any questions that people may have had before and answered any being established that episode. It just felt complete and I loved it.

This did bring up another point for me though. Int he very first episode, she uses that power to shoot miko energy out of her hand. Where did that ability go? Did it leave her when the part of her soul that was Kikyo left her as well? I was a little lost with that one. Seems like something very handy dandy. If it did leave because of that, it makes sense and no longer is a plot hole. If it didn't know, that is probably one of the weirdest plot holes that DID actually started near the beginning of the show.

Sorry for the long ramble, but lots of stuff came to mind.

tldr: Renewed love of Inuyasha, along with new questions and interests.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.