Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Dorama recommendation: Nobunaga Concerto
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Dorama recommendation: Nobunaga Concerto
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Dorama recommendation: Nobunaga Concerto 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 156
So I ended up watching this amazing dorama yesterday called Nobunaga Concerto. It is a live action based on a manga by the same name, and it has eleven episodes and is complete, though to my understanding there will be a movie to follow it.

The premise is that a high school boy called Saburou from 2014 ends up in Sengoku Jidai. He is the mirror image of Oda Nobunaga. Oda Nobunaga here has a weak body and is being targeted, so he asks Saburou to take his place. Not yet realising that he has actually travelled in time and believing it all to be a history re-enactment, Saburou readily agrees.

This dorama had me laughing in stitches, my eyes misting, my heart in my throat, often all within the same episode. I love the characters and they show such an amazing growth and development, Saburou especially. If you are interested in Sengoku jidai, this will really give you a good understanding of the era and how chaotic it was, and of course also show you the steps of Oda Nobunaga's campaign to unite Japan.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
xDori
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Dorama recommendation: Nobunaga Concerto 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
I loved this show!!!! I haven't been watching a lot of JDramas lately and this was a nice comeback to it.

Logged Logged
Sesshomaru's Secret Admirer
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Dorama recommendation: Nobunaga Concerto 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 95
There is an anime version: Nobunaga Concerto

The rating is amazing...even though the art and style is way different than regular animes.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.