Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Letters of Encouragement
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Letters of Encouragement
Sesshomaru's Secret Admirer
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Letters of Encouragement 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 95
I've been browsing through the Off-Topic Forum and read many threads that asked for advice. But, I haven't seen any threads that offered encouragement (Maybe I skipped them?).
Therefore, I would like to dedicate this thread to EVERYONE and ANYONE that needs a letter of encouragement.

Rules:
1. The FIRST person to write [ENCOURAGEMENT NEEDED] will write down what they need encouragement for.
2. I wish to invite EVERYONE to write a LETTER of encouragement. Yes, letter, which means more than writing one or two sentences.
3. ONE AT A TIME! Encouragement letters shall continue to focus on the initial person that indicated [ENCOURAGEMENT NEEDED], until they respond back with [ENCOURAGED]. Then~ the next FIRST person will be focused on.

Example:
Person A [ENCOURAGEMENT NEEDED]
Person B (writes an encouragement letter)
Person C (writes an encouragement letter)
Person D (writes an encouragement letter)
Person A [ENCOURAGED]
Person E [ENCOURAGEMENT NEEDED]
.....ETC.

4. You CANNOT write an encouragement letter to Person A IF Person E has already begun. Instead, you may PM Person A your encouragement letter. This rule is to keep the forum organized!
5. No limitations to the number of encouragement letters you wish to receive. Just keep in mind that there are others that might be waiting.
6. If you wish to remain anonymous, feel free to PM me "Encouragement needed -Anonymous" I shall post for you and keep your name confidential.
7. Please be mindful of the Off-Topic Forum Rules!

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Letters of Encouragement 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 277
BEFORE ANYONE RESPONDS TO THIS:

Please read the Rules/ToS regarding the forum rules. For example, we do not allow ranting or whining, nor do we allow attention seeking posts.

Thus, writing on the forum about your boss being abusive, or your boyfriend problems, or whatever, probably will get deleted. I tend to give a wide degree of latitude to posts on the forum, but I will not hesitate to shut down something that blatantly disregards these rules.

You can find the forum rules here: Rules/ToS

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Letters of Encouragement 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 57
I'm not quite sure how this thread is supposed to operate. Since we tend to offer encouragement and or advice anyway if someone asks for it on the forums.

We all try to be helpful.

It's part of the Dokuga community.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Letters of Encouragement 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 95
That's true Pyreite! But most forums are asking for advice. Here can just be something simple like having a bad day that people might not wish to create a new thread for. And I feel that having a thread for everyone is more inviting and can be easier to share. But I guess...no one has yet to start.
Would you like to start Pyreite? Hehe

Logged Logged

Time Traveler
graphgraph
I guess I will start.
[ENCOURAGEMENT NEEDED] ^0^
I am visiting my parents in Korea and they discouraged my involvement in writing fanfiction. You see, my sister is a writer and so my parents say that I am wasting my time.

Logged Logged

SuWan
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Letters of Encouragement 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
Your writing style is great! And you are amazing at telling your stories. I see no reason to stop~ :3

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"From this year on, you know the springtime, cherry tree...
I wish you would never know the scattering of your blossoms...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Ki no Tsurayuki (872-945)
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Letters of Encouragement 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 109
I originally posted here, but wasn't sure if it met the rules. So I sent a PM to you instead.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/10/10 11:54 By kaoruhana.
Time Traveler
graphgraph
[ENCOURAGED]!!! Wow....thanks SuWan and kaoruhana!!! Hopefully someone else posts something they need encouragement on cause I feel a lot better. I am just itching to encourage someone now! ^0^ Whose next?

Logged Logged

kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
[ENCOURAGEMENT NEEDED] I bombed one of my first law school midterms. I know it's law school and I didn't expect it to be perfect but well, I thought I was going to do better. The worst part- I knew everything on the midterm but I misread the question and applied the wrong rule to each one. My answers would have been right if the question had asked what I answered.

I'm now dreading the grades from my other two midterms.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Letters of Encouragement 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 156
It must be hard right now, and you must feel so frustrated and disappointed... but try to see the bright side. We all make mistakes at times. I think, it is better to make those mistakes earlier rather than later. Because while the mistakes may stay with us and haunt us, we know better the next time. You might need to re-take the exam, but you still learned a lesson. And I'm sure it's a mistake you won't be repeating.

Just keep working hard towards your goals. It's not easy, but you can make it!

Logged Logged
SuWan
Pup
graphgraph
Don't let it get ya down! It was the first and not the only, your hard work and determination WILL change it! Keep on pushing through >:3 Let no test hold your spirit to fight and succeed down!

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"From this year on, you know the springtime, cherry tree...
I wish you would never know the scattering of your blossoms...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Ki no Tsurayuki (872-945)
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
[ENCOURAGED!] Thank you guys. I did learn my lesson (the hard way I suppose) and I will get better. I don't need to retake the exam, but my professor just sent us an e-mail. Apparently, we all did so bad he is willing to have us do an assignment that will boost our grade. Phew!

Logged Logged
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Letters of Encouragement 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 60
[Encouragement Needed!]
I'm nervous, antsy, straight up worried, and my mind is trying to attack me with insidious thoughts of self-doubt >.> I am attempting to get published, even sent my manuscript to a publisher...but I've never written an original novel before, and I worry my plot is not the best *sighs* At first I thought I did pretty well, but after weeks of waiting and still no reply, doubt is eating away at me, making me too stressed at times. I think I'm just over thinking things...and I can't help it.

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Dear Beloved Stranger,

I've never published a manuscript, but I wish you the best of luck. Submitting stories and not having them accepted (for ex: me and the Missouri Review) makes you a little upset. But then I just think: okay, there's someone else I can send it to.

It's always like this, the waiting game. Try reading past reviews and just finding someone your trust to read that manuscript. Sometimes, they'll give you better news.

Good luck! You can do it!
Kaoruhana

Logged Logged
SuWan
Pup
graphgraph
Beloved, there are many people in this world with varying tastes! Someone will come to love your work and want to publish it as much as you loved writing it! Don't let one person stop you, there is no one way to reach your goal!>:0
Keep Fighting!!!!

Logged Logged

BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Letters of Encouragement 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 60
[Encouraged!]
Thank you
You both are right. I do love to write (a lot ), so I'm going to try to keep up my fighting spirit ^^
Karama for both of you!

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Time Traveler
graphgraph
This totally occurred while I was asleep. T^T
Sending Kaoruhana and belovedstranger a PM.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.