Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Study Music
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Study Music
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Study Music 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 109
So,

I have a request for fellow members of Dokuga. What kind of music do you all use to study if you do study with music playing in the background?

I am quickly exhausting the usefulness of my current playlists/ soundtracks on Pandora, my I-tunes, and YouTube and am eagerly seeking suggestions that I can recycle throughout the year. I generally tend to use one to three soundtrack per month and then switch out when they becomes too "used" and I can start predicting things. At the end of six months I go back to the first ones and so on. Except, right now I've only got enough study music to fill up three months.

At the moment, I'm just asking for suggestions so feel free to drop them. Suggestions can include a particular album(s) by an artist you like, YouTube playlists or Pandora radio suggestions. I'm open to listening to anything that ISN'T very "rocky" (ie; not too much guitar, etc.) That said, a catchy tune is totally fine. The current study tool I'm using is the Naruto Soundtrack for reference.

Feel free to drop by and give suggestions. I'll gladly take them into consideration!

Thanks in advance

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Fye
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Study Music 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 24
Try anything by Yoko Kanno, not only the OSTs created for anime/movie series, but what she makes in general. She's a great composer, I'm sure you'll enjoy her music.

Logged Logged
Sesshomaru's Secret Admirer
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Study Music 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 95
I love Studio Ghibli...so I listen to their collection of soundtracks for all their anime movies. I especially love Joe Hisaishi, his soundtracks are amazing! More on the classical side...but I like calming music while I study or write.

Logged Logged

FaerieDearest
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Study Music 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 152
Akira Yamaoka, Thomas Newman and Lana del Rey. I would also say The Smiths, but I'm not sure of that is what you wanted.

Logged Logged
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Study Music 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 109
Oh thank you all!

Fye: I definitely agree with Yoko Kanno- I have some of her music already (The Escaflowne soundtrack) and it won't take me too long to find some more of hers I'm sure.

Sesshomaru's Secret Admirer: I never thought of Studio Ghibli! That's such a smart idea. And I'm totally okay with classical music, especially when I'm reading cases for law school. Some of them make me frustrated.

FaeireDearest: I've never heard of "The Smiths" but that may be because I don't pay attention to the names of artists and just like music in general. I'm just not a big Lana del Rey fan- I keep trying though because maybe one day, it'll be her music that'll pop out to me. I just looked up Thomas Newman and I think I might have hit jackpot there. He reminds me of Eric Whitacre (who I absolutely enjoy).

Thank you all so much! I'll get around to updating my playlists this week!

Logged Logged
Sesshomaru's Secret Admirer
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Study Music 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 95
Yay! Glad to be of help! Yes...I loveee Studio Ghibli and all their works. And their soundtracks are amazing! Good luck on your studies then!

Logged Logged

DN Silence
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Study Music 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 12
Epic music is the best to study for me (I just graduated with a BS lol). I could go on doing science, math... Sometimes reading with hours of trailer musics. One time I crammed all day for exams, and I had transformer music all day long. Epic music is not always upbeat and warlike, there are some soft melodies, yet still pretty epic. The most loved producers are Two Steps From Hell and Immediate Music... Popular YouTube channels who mixes epic musics are dragonstardt, theprimecronus, epicmusicvn.... My first impression was that I was so overwhelmed with the battle-mode tune, it took me a bit of time to get used to. Now, I'm in love with it.

If you ever get hooked or even remotely interested, or have question abt this type of music, I might be of help.

Here's an example1 youtu.be/TsNlhUxwGjU

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/09/09 05:26 By DN Silence.

Spyair Forever! MAKOHARU is my OTP! GINTAMA FOR LIFE!
DN Silence
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Study Music 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 12
Evidence:

Hit play and start studying like a champion!

Logged Logged

Spyair Forever! MAKOHARU is my OTP! GINTAMA FOR LIFE!
inali
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Study Music 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 58
Songza.com has "studying" playlists, both with and without lyrics, I believe.

Logged Logged

I like researching stuffs...
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Study Music 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 109
Thank you both for your recommendations. I'll look into them tomorrow when I finally have some downtime.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.