Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
fansites?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: fansites?
mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
fansites? 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 11
I was wondering how do people find out about fansites for certain ships and how you found it?

I found Dokuga through someone's profile link and I read a story not knowing much but then I was hooked! And one time I clicked on a link in someones artist notes that lead to an inu/kag site but I didn't stay long.

And I know as fact there's twilight one's but i won't get into that. I don't even remember the name.

So yeah, that's my question, how did you guys find Dokuga, or other fansites for certain pairs or manga/books?

also on a random note, I graduated this past friday~

Logged Logged

Supermangageek23 is Bucket 88.5 in Dokugas Bucket Brigade
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:fansites? 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
Congratulations on graduation!!!!!!!!

First came the anime... Witch Hunter Robin and InuYasha, courtesy of my daughter goading me to watch Adult Swim with her. Then came that burning desire to go beyond the anime, which led to ff.net.

Being older than the hills and a part of this fandom since 2004, I found A Single Spark by using my Google-fu once I realized that these stories appealed to me far more than the usual Inu/Kag. Don't get me wrong, I went through a metric ton of fantastic Inu/Kag stories first on ff.net, but there was always something missing for me.

Once I found A Single Spark, I was totally hooked on the pairing. I stuck with that until Miss Kagura came up with the idea of Dokuga, then spent many nights IMing back and forth with her while she slaved over the code. She tried then to entice me into a more active role in the community, but I wanted to stay in my own little corner, just soaking up all the goodness.

When Miss K came back from a 'sabbatical' in 2009, she again approached me about taking a more active role and I couldn't say no. That's it in a nutshell!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:fansites? 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 47
Finding my way to Dokuga was a bit round-about. It started out with me searching for images of Sesshoumaru just because I wanted a cool image for my desktop background. Then I realized that some of the images were actually connected to fanfictions. I clicked on a couple of them and wasn't quite sure what to make of them. It took a couple of good stories before I really got in to the them. It took a while after that before I got solely into the Sess/Kag pairing.

Chaos-and-Serenity's work played a big part in that, and it is also the reason why I found Spark. I don't even remember the name of the story that I was reading (it's no longer posted on ff.net or here), but it had a companion one-shot called Ode to the Senseless Lemon, which was originally only posted on Spark because of it's mature content, but isn't even there anymore. It was one of the funniest things I have ever read. I became a big lurker on Spark after that, and just followed along when Dokuga took over.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:fansites? 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 171
It all started with a forum based on the Blood Bloods book series back in 2006 I believe. I was browsing since I was still fairly new to the forum, and I found myself in the fanfiction section. Someone had a link to one of their fanfictions and I was curious so I clicked it. It brought me to ff.net.

After reading the story I started to browse, since I really knew nothing about fanfictions, and realized that there were fanfictions for pretty much everything there. So I went looking for Sailor Moon stories. From there, as far as anime/manga goes, it went to Witch Hunter Robin and then Inuyasha since, like Wiccan, I discovered those on Adult Swim.

I was a Inuyasha/Kagome fan at the time. I don't really remember how exactly I became a Sesshomaru/Kagome fan. I think I got curious and read a story and started from there. I realized that I found Sesshomaru a much better match for her. That being said I began to read stories for that ship, and looking at authors profile pages. It was there on one of the author profiles that I found the link to Dokuga.

I didn't join right away. It wasn't until I found myself bookmarking incomplete stories in my browser that I decided to sign up and see if I could just add them as favorites.

Logged Logged
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:fansites? 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 109
First, congratulations on graduating!

I honestly don't remember how I ended up on Dokuga. I know it was by reading someone's profile on FF.net and then reading a story with this particular pairing and falling in love with it. I don't remember what the story was or whose profile it was that had me curious enough to search for Dokuga but I know it was Miss Teak who had me sticking around at first. She welcomed me and I slowly began to get more and more immersed into the fandom until I ended up here.

Logged Logged
mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:fansites? 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 11
haha, thanks for the congrats!

I see most of you were just lurkers and/or clicked a link like I did. Though I can't say Ive been in the fandom that long

In 2004 I was about 8, so..XD

I found FFn through my friends in like 8th or 9th grade? but I still didn't know much about it. I definitely didn't know terms like lemon,waff,au and etc till like 10th lol.

I've found now, that I wish there were more sites like dokuga

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:fansites? 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Grats on graduating; I actually just got back from my college graduation .

For me, I had just finished reading the manga for Ranma 1/2 and I wanted more, but didn't have the anime yet. So I just opened a search engine and typed in Ranma to watch AMVs and ended up finding something called fanfiction. Looking into that, I found a bunch of individual websites that hosted either their own or links to other fanfictions. Eventually found ff.net through one of them and A single spark through another one once I had read all of the Ranma 1/2 fanfics and turned to Inuyasha. When Spark started shutting down and they opened Dokuga, I came here.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
OoOOh another Ranma fan! and congratulations yourself!! and to be honest, I watched the anime before the manga since it was hard to find all the volumes. Funny enough my highschool had all the volumes to both Ranma and Inuyasha

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:fansites? 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
Hairann wrote:
Grats on graduating; I actually just got back from my college graduation .

Congrats to you, too, m'dear!!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:fansites? 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Thanks and wow your school had all of their anime? My schools didn't even know what anime was lol.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
mango
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:fansites? 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 72
I used to be a big Naruto fan (ok, still am!) and read as much fanfiction for it as I could get my hands on. Crossovers caught my interest and I happened to run across a few Naruto/Inuyasha fics and remembered seeing a few episodes of Inuyasha on adultswim. I liked the fics and how the Inuyasha characters were portrayed so I hopped over on ff.net to the Inuyasha side and I've been there since! Didn't take too many fics to figure out my fave pairing was Sess/Kag. I happened upon Dokuga by finding the link on an authors profile on ff.net.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/17 22:54 By mangokitty.
Wunderberry
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:fansites? 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 17
I found fanfiction and everything through browsing for Sesshomaru and Rin related things. I stumbled across Moonlight-Flower and spent months reading and devouring fics for them. Eventually, I looked up Sesshomaru Rin lemons in Google and stumbled across FF.net. I started posting fics, and noted the large on slot of SessKag fics.

I don't know how I exactly got to Dokuga, though I actually think it was through browsing through some InuYasha award lists or whatnot, that I found a SessKag fic that sounded interesting and that's how I came to Dokuga where I registered as Rin-Rin and started writing SessKag fic.

Logged Logged

Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:fansites? 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 10
Hmm, I found Dokuga through a recommendation from r0o on a review she left over at ff.net. I still frequent both sites really, but I like it here at Dokuga so I pop in now and again.

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:fansites? 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 57
I only found Dokuga after surfing Google for more of Forthy's stuff, and wahla it directed me to a Single Spark when it was active. I later came back to snoop on Dokuga till I eventually joined as a member. Eventually. It took me about 2 years to get up the courage. XD.

Since I liked the neighbourhood, and Sesshy was hella pretty I've stayed ever since.

It's great.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
dancingfingers
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:fansites? 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 33
I actually was not... fond, for the lack of a better word, for fanfiction. Not because I feel that the fans violated the original works, but it was because I always wondered what's the fun in that. Then, after gnawing on my own curiosity, I came to FFN. I forget how, and began sifting through Skip Beat! fandom. I became a reader for months before I decided to write stories of my own.

I found Dokuga when I found most SessKag shipper/writer mentioned it along with Spark and googled it, found it, and happily trapped within. LOL.

Logged Logged
Sakura Dragon
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:fansites? 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 12
For me discovering fanfiction and Dokuga happened accidentally and at the same time. I have always been a fan of good drawing (lacking any skill whatsoever myself) so I spend a lot of time on DeviantArt.

One day in January of 2009 I was on YoukaiYume's DeviantArt profile and I saw a Journal Entry with Kagome and Sessoumaru in a boat and the words 'Dokuga Anyone?'. As I can understand Japanese, I accidentally read that as 'Dokoga?' -> 'Where are you?'and became intrigued. And that's how I wound up here.

I actually didn't understand what the boat had to do with it until very recently.

Logged Logged

I claimed Bankotsu\'s braided hair in The Claim Game
\"A lie is more comfortable than doubt, more useful than love, more lasting than truth.\"
— Gabriel García Márquez
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:fansites? 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 156
When I was in upper secondary school, I made a new friend. This friend introduced me to manga and anime, and later to fics. She would show up at school and excitedly tell me about the latest story she had read, and at that time she was on a SessKag bend. I raised my eyebrows at first, since I generally gravitate to canon pairings. But she made me read some fanfics she had liked, so I was lead right to the source. She knew of Spark so she introduced me to Spark, and few months later I was already writing my own fics, with her feeding me ideas and proof-reading my poor attempts. :'D (No, seriously, my English skills back in those days... *shudder*)

When Spark closed, I saw their advertisement for Dokuga and joined. And now we've come a full circle, since that very same friend of mine has finally begun to write her own fics (RuroKen), and now it's my turn to proof-read her works.

Logged Logged
mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
ahaha! You all have got some interesting stories! Though I see googling, prowling and clicking links were the big 4

I guess I could try that with other stuff too? XD couldn't hurt.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.