Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
What do you call it?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: What do you call it?
katlady
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:What do you call it? 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 6
You all call Him Sesshouamru or Lord Sesshoumaru but I call him Puppy Lol

I think they only thing I do is call my Cats kittens when they are not kittens any more

Being form southern California i think my way of calling things blends in with every one else
I'm a natural blender

Logged Logged

The Fluff is my muse the fluffs name is Sesshoumaru
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Riku Ryuu
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:What do you call it? 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 19
I have had some er... fun times with differences simply from going from one state to another right next to it. I live in Nevada, and when I go to Utah I get to be around all of my family. I didn't notice anything strange until my grandmother started talking about someone that was diabetic. She said diabetes but the the e sounded like eh while I am used to it being like ee. When we talked about it later, we found a lot of words that were different. Avocado, ah and aw, was one of the strangest. When I said it was ah, she asked why that is so when people from Nevada don't use the ah noise but instead use the aw one. I had no answer.

Anyway, I grew up in Utah, and though it was so close to where I moved, there was a difference in language.

Logged Logged

Cause I need all the help I can get
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:What do you call it? 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 78
The first time I heard a truck driver refer to his pickup truck as his "little" truck, I thought he was just being terminally cute. I heard it again and again from other drivers, and realized this was one situation where macho, equipment loving men did not insist on proper descript terminology: the semi truck is a truck driver's BIG TRUCK, and the pickup he drives when he's home is his LITTLE TRUCK. I still think it's awfully cute, though... A box van, as opposed to a tractor-trailer rig is called a STRAIGHT TRUCK, which is kind of cute as well...

Logged Logged
otfreakingp
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What do you call it? 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
I have a few that are a little different I live in Tennessee, and I have family in Georgia, and family that moved down to TN from New York, and my boyfriend lives in Canada.

My dad (from GA) and I both say "Golly" (with a drawl - like Gooooool-ly) instead of "wow" or "geez" sometimes. (My boyfriend thinks its hilarious)

My GA family also says "Lawdy" (also with a drawl) instead of "Good Lord" like my northern family.

Some differences between my boyfriends family and I:

I say "Snow mobiles", they say "Skidoos"
I say "Jet skiis", they say "Seadoos"
I say "gloves", they say "mittens"
I say "grades" or "scores" (like on a test), they say "marks"
I say "hm?", they say "eh?"

but the biggest difference I think is what we call different foods. He is going to culinary school, so he knows the formal french names for everything, and I only know the common names. Also, they sometimes call foods different common names - like "muffin" instead of "biscuit".

There are a lot more and I'll probably think of them later xD

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.