Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Naraku
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Naraku
Drianax
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Naraku 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 3
Here's one thing I've never fully understood. If Naraku was created by Onigumo being possessed/devoured by multitudes of demons, possessing the body of a Daimyo, why does he always take the shape/ or is known as a Spider? Couldn't he just have easily taken the shape of a pissed off crane/scorpion/add-own-species-here? Just wondering.

Logged Logged

"Understanding is a three-edged sword. There is your side, their side, and the truth." -- Kosh, Babylon 5
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Naraku 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 47
I don't know that it was ever really explained in the manga. I know there were a couple of episodes toward the end of the main series that went into a greater detail about when Inuyasha and Kikyou met, and it showed a spider demon that was one of the ones to join with Onigumo. It kind of suggested the idea that it was a dominant personality among all of the others, so that could be a reason why Naraku is known as a spider and has the spider scar on his back. I'm pretty sure those episodes were fillers, so I don't know if they should be considered a real explanation.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Naraku 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 156
I don't know why, but maybe it could be a stylistic thing, you know, a symbol by which you can easily identify the bad guy. After all, Onigumo literally means "demon spider".

Logged Logged
Kat
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Naraku 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 52
lol maybe the creator is afriad of spiders and chose the spider as a symbol of fear?

Logged Logged
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Naraku 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 60
I am totally terrified of spiders so I agree with Kat XD

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Miko Sayuri
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Naraku 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 3
I would have to agree with CW on this, I remember those episodes as well. Again it wasn't really explained, but CW explanation does make sense!!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.