Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
what's up with the 100 word chapters?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: what's up with the 100 word chapters?
rose
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
what's up with the 100 word chapters? 11 Years ago Karma: 0
This confuses and annoys me. When did 100 words start meaning a chapter and when did I miss the memo?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:what's up with the 100 word chapters? 11 Years ago Karma: 277
rose wrote:
This confuses and annoys me. When did 100 words start meaning a chapter and when did I miss the memo?

If you wish to avoid stories that have short chapters like that, look at the story category before reading. On-going stories with small chapters will be categorized as "Oneshot collections." If you avoid those and stick with "Chapter stories" (which MUST have an average of 700 words per chapter), you'll probably be much happier.

The 100 word chapters represent what we call "drabbles;" stories that are told in small, succinct, paragraph bits. It is a challenge for a writer to get their point across in so few words, which is probably the appeal to many writers.

Again, if you don't like short, succinct chapters, stick with the chapter stories!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

rose
Pup
graphgraph
Re:what's up with the 100 word chapters? 11 Years ago Karma: 0
Thanks

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.