Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Just a thought.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Just a thought.
The Norrington
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Just a thought. 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
So, as you know my story Boy From Down the Street takes place in the future era, and the future future era, or however you want to put it. But! I was thinking about the fighting style of mikos and monks and how they may have evolved over the centuries.
And I thought of this:

When Kagome uses a bow, her power is channeled through the arrow, therefore purifying her enemy when it connects. Knowing that, what is to stop her from using a gun? And the bullet would be like the arrow.

Is that just crazy talk? I need some opinions, please.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/01/29 00:10 By The Norrington.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Avalei
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Just a thought. 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
I guess it depends on how you set it up. Since she has to physically touch the arrow as she fires, is the arrow the only thing she channels her power into or through? If the bow is only used as a way to shoot then a gun could not be used because she would have to be touching the bullet to get it to purify. However if the bow helps to channel power to the arrow and her touching the arrow has no real significance the a gun could defiantly be used.
Edit: I just realized I gave you more questions.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/01/29 01:01 By Avalei.
The Norrington
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Just a thought. 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
No no I need to think about these things! Does she need to be touching it? I'm not sure. In almost any scenario I can think of from the show or in any other fanfiction, she has to be touching the item to channel power into it. But that's just what I've read. Have you read anything different?

But I'm not sure. Hmmm.

Logged Logged

Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Just a thought. 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 19
Hmmmm... here's my two cents.

For me, Kagome's bow is more of a "prop" to help her ground her power and focus her power/energy/whatever to the bow. Now if that is the case, then she could simply do the same with a gun. Another thing to keep in mind, is that Kikyo was able to imbue her power into her arrows without the use of her bow. Remember the episode where Kikyo gave Kagome that arrow to use? That's also another possible way of making that work.

Hope this helps, love!

Logged Logged

I write to tell stories. I believe that there a some professions in the world that will last forever: doctor or a nurse, teacher, builder and a storyteller. I write also to become myself, more so day by day. Writing is a way to shape out visible and invisible, in myself as well as in the world.
Eppu Nuotio
The Norrington
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Just a thought. 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
Yes, you're right! And in the episode with flash back with Tsubaki, Kikyo and Kagome put power into just the bow, so it would make sense that she could just as easily do that with a gun and a bullet..

Thanks you guys this has been really helpful!

Logged Logged

Avalei
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Just a thought. 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
I have read some where they used a gun but the bullets had prayers etched into them so the were more like the papers used by the monks vs an arrow. So I would say that unless Kagome learns to focus her powers though training to only have the bullet charged with purification she would have to charge up the whole gun. Otherwise I dont think it would work.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.