Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Spark and FanFiction??
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Spark and FanFiction??
jessabell
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Spark and FanFiction?? 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1
What is the differnce between sparks and fan fictions?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/09/11 18:14 By jesskoopman.

Click Me!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:Spark and FanFiction?? 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 25
Everything at Spark is from the archive at A Single Spark, the predecessor to this site. You can't leave reviews or upload to that section. It serves the purpose of an archive only. EDIT: You can also view reviews left on the stories.

The fanfiction section, on the other hand, is Dokuga. You can upload your own stories or leave reviews on the stories of others.

If you look between both, you can actually find a lot of authors that moved their stories to Dokuga after A Single Spark closed. If you find something unfinished there, chances are you may be able to find the finished version in the fanfiction section.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/09/11 18:26 By MomoDesu.
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Spark and FanFiction?? 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 26
If I'm understanding you correctly, Sparks is the old archive for A Single Spark, the SessKag website that existed before Dokuga. While it's a part of Dokuga, it's also a completely separate archive, and - as far as I know - can't accept new submissions.

Fanfiction, on the other hand, is Dokuga's very own archive. You can submit into that one.

Hope this cleared things up.

Logged Logged
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Honey-Bee wrote:
If I'm understanding you correctly, Sparks is the old archive for A Single Spark, the SessKag website that existed before Dokuga. While it's a part of Dokuga, it's also a completely separate archive, and - as far as I know - can't accept new submissions.

Fanfiction, on the other hand, is Dokuga's very own archive. You can submit into that one.

Hope this cleared things up.

You can't upload new submissions to Spark. To my knowledge, the only power that an author has over their story there is the ability to ask a mod to remove it if they no longer want it in the archive.

Logged Logged
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Spark and FanFiction?? 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 26
You answered quicker and a lot better than I did! Haha.

You can't upload new submissions to Spark. To my knowledge, the only power that an author has over their story there is the ability to ask a mod to remove it if they no longer want it in the archive.
Oh, okay. I thought that. Thanks.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Spark and FanFiction?? 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 277
Actually, it is close to impossible to remove things from the 'Spark archive. I'm not sure if Mitharus can manage it or not, but I do know that I can't do it. In fact, if I recall correctly, Miss K had the devil's own time trying to do it the one time that she did, and she never did tell me how she managed it.

So, for anyone wanting their stuff taken off 'Spark... eh... it may very well not be possible, SORRY!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Thanks, Wiccan. I never realized that things couldn't be removed. I remember Miss K talking about it once, so I thought the information was still valid

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/09/11 20:04 By MomoDesu.
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Spark and FanFiction?? 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 53
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
I'm not sure if Mitharus can manage it or not, but I do know that I can't do it.

I *may* be able to remove things. There isn't a easy way, so it'd just be finding all references in the DB and removing it that way. Not really a _good_ way, but it can probably be done if there's a request / pressing need for it.

-J

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Spark and FanFiction?? 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 277
Mitharus wrote:
I *may* be able to remove things. There isn't a easy way, so it'd just be finding all references in the DB and removing it that way. Not really a _good_ way, but it can probably be done if there's a request / pressing need for it.

-J

The only time Miss K did it was for an author who was re-working her story and publishing. And I believe that's probably the only time I'd even think of asking for it to be done. THAT is a perfectly valid reason to look into it, but we haven't had any requests of that nature of late.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.