Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
An idea...Please, do contemplate.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: An idea...Please, do contemplate.
Nariko
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
An idea...Please, do contemplate. 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
My beta and i were talking tonight, because like all of us authors, I've been having a rough patch when it comes to writing; an interesting concept/idea/bright shiny object flashed in front of my mind's eye and I've been messing around with it and just thought I'd throw it out there.

So, we all know about prompts, right? Well, the idea is kinda similar...yet not at all.

In order to help me with my writing, my beta has issued a "Challenge" to me. Funny, now that I think of it, this sounds almost 'Sesshomaru-ish'. And because I'm a person that responds overly well to challenges, I've accepted it.

The idea is as follows:

From one user/writer/artist to another, a challenge is issued to create...something (whatever in particular that person does, whether it be writing or drawing/coloring/being awesome).

If the person can complete the task within all set parameters to the fulfillment of the challenger, then a reward would be issued from the challenger in the form of some return piece (like a banner, or something like that, saying 'I answered the challenge of -insert name here- and came out the victor. Or, whatever the challenged wants in return.)

This may have already been done, I'm not sure. If so, could someone point me in the right direction? Mayhap it would assist me in further bettering myself. (because, as mentioned, I respond enthusiastically to a challenge)

Or, if this hasn't been done and anyone would like to pitch in improvement/addition ideas, I think that'd be fun too.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:An idea...Please, do contemplate. 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 57
Interesting, well Dokuga does have challenges in the fanart and fanfiction forums that specialize in prompt challenges, of words or themes. I've done a few in the past year and a bit of being part of Dokuga, although I've slowed right down in the meantime. RL is taking most of my creativity unfortunately. Challenges are exceptionally fun, it gets the creative juices flowing, and can really kickstart ideas for writing, I've found it incredibly useful.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Nariko
Pup
graphgraph
Re:An idea...Please, do contemplate. 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks ^^ that sounds great, but I was wondering if Dokuga did, persay, personal challenges. LIke, as in sort of like 'duels' I suppose you could say.

Maybe I worded myself wrong?

But thank you for the tip-off, anyways ^^

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.