Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
was thinking of a bold undertaking on my part, IDK
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: was thinking of a bold undertaking on my part, IDK
FurvusCorvus
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
was thinking of a bold undertaking on my part, IDK 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
i was going to do a rewrite with Kagome and Seeshomaru having a relationship early in the series and it be the big secret no one knew. and I was going to do it in one shot-ish format, however I am leaning on heavy inner dia and the inner feelings and whatnot of the two characters, and I cannot decide to post or keep it to myself. any thoughts? would there be a problem with heavy inner dia and the private workings of their head verses the traditional style? I wanted something different, but know I am thinking of not posting. Conflict.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:was thinking of a bold undertaking on my part, IDK 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 39
I would say if you're not sure about posting it, go ahead and write it out and save that decision for afterward. You also shouldn't be asking others whether you should or shouldn't write in a certain format- that's up to you as the writer of the story in question. Not that constructive criticism or objective input aren't things you want, but opinions aren't objective input and concrit can't be given until after the finished product has been seen. That being said, you may get replies from those that have read stories with heavy inner dialogue, that centered more around what was going on with the private emotions of the characters than outward situations, but that particular writer didn't do well with how they presented the characters, or the material, so the readers who had a poor experience with that may be under the impression that this format was the problem and thus tell you not to go ahead with it.

What you choose to write and/or share is solely up to you and what you feel you should do with this idea.

Logged Logged
zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:was thinking of a bold undertaking on my part, IDK 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 14
The conflict here is not the style of writing but your own doubts. I agree with Freya (Who has proven herself a strong voice of reason on these forums, you should tend to listen to her!) in that you should try it and then make a decision.

In writing there are no absolutes. You might utterly fail at a specific style, it's true. That isn't something that's always easy to take, but that's how things go. I know that I feel the same nervous tension any time the prospect of writing humor comes my way - I'm terrible at it and yet I've tried countless times.

If you choose to approach this new style or not, the choice is ultimately yours.

At that, I leave you with my favorite poem. Perhaps it can guide you, as it has me during such times of insecurity.

The Road Not Taken
By Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.