Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Author Respect
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Author Respect
Langus
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Author Respect 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 6
Just gonna interject my two cents...

As a new writer harsh reviews can feel like the end of the world. Your confidence is already paper thin at best and for some all it takes is one nasty one to make it all crumble.

I'm willing to bet that no matter how long you've been writing, whether it be a few hours or years, the GOOD reviews on your fics far far outnumber the bad. My advice is to focus on the good. When people write a review that is particularly kind or really uplifts you, save it somewhere on your computer or your blog. then on days when you get a particularly bad set of reviews or feel like your writing absolutely sucks (believe me, it happens to all of us) pull out those nice reviews and give them a read. You'd be surprised at how much of a positive impact they can have

Logged Logged

[img] http://fc65.deviantart.com/fs40/f/2009/031/4/4/441a265f509fa2446485eec83c5450ec.jpg [/img]
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.