Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
I'm not sure this is right.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: I'm not sure this is right.
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
I'm not sure this is right. 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 31
I was looking through one of my magazine's at the ages presented. I'm not sure, but something makes me feel like the people who made it may be off in ages. O.o What do you think?

Cover

Inuyasha's age

Sesshomaru's Age

It might be just because of too many fan fictions, role plays, etc. I just somehow see Sesshomaru older than that.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/03/04 14:52 By Smittee.

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I'm not sure this is right. 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 26
The cover makes it look like they're fighting over Kikyou. DX Anyway, I agree with you on the age thing. It might also be because of the many fanfics I've read, but I like to think that he is at least 150... I guess only Rumiko Takahashi knows what age he really is.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/03/04 15:09 By Honey-Bee.
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:I'm not sure this is right. 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 31
lol. I do agree with that it looks like they are fighting over her. I have no clue whatsoever why they would put that as the cover. Maybe Beckett wanted to do some fan art of their own.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:I'm not sure this is right. 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 26
Maybe. XD Still a good artwork, though. I like Sesshoumaru in his dog form in the background. He's so cute. ^_^

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I'm not sure this is right. 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 78
Okay, I can't cite chapter and verse without going back and documenting all the clues, but I figured this out carefully in the past, based on information from the anime and movies: InuYasha's age: 200 years (counting the 50 he spent stuck to the tree), Sesshomaru's age: InuYasha's 200 years, plus enough additional years to take into account the fact that he was an adolescent the night InuYasha was born in the "Swords of the Honorable Ruler" movie, we have no indication of how long that would take a FULL demon, but InuYasha is intended to be the equivalent of a 15-year-old human (according to R.T. in the character profile book), so if Sesshomaru was supposed to be about 15 in the "Swords of the Honorable Ruler" movie, and a full demon and a half-demon age at the same rate, we could assume that he was either 150 or 200 on the night InuYasha was born (depending upon whether we think InuYasha aged for the 50 years he was pinned to the tree, or if his aging was suspended, which is what I presume, though if you go by the manga, his firerat clothing became faded pink and ragged). In the character profile, it is clearly stated that by human standards, InuYasha is intended to appear 15, Sesshomaru is intended to appear 19. In the early issues of the manga, Sesshy looks younger, waaaay younger than he appears in the episode of the anime, where he's kind of shirtless, and he rips the arm with the jewel shard off- seeing him drawn in that style leads those of us who started out watching the anime to think he's a lot more mature than the original author intended...) I hate to be judgemental, but I don't really think whoever put that magazine together knew much about InuYasha.

Logged Logged
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:I'm not sure this is right. 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 25
I got that same impression, knifethrower. I had a different issue that had a little FAQ on Kouga, and they had him listed as around 16. That struck me as odd, honestly.

Wasn't something about it mentioned in the official profile's book that was released? I know the heights are listed, so maybe they make mention of the ages.

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
With all the money I waste, I should have just bought the book, but it clearly stated that Sesshy's sposed to be 19 and InuYasha's supposed to be 15. I can't remember how old Kouga was supposed to be, but if you think about how old they seem based on their psychological development, THOSE AGES SEEM JUST ABOUT RIGHT! Course, I'm old enough to be the mommy of all of them, so I can see all of their foibles and quirks as developmental stages. Sesshy most of all, his jealousy and resentment over his father's actions make perfect sense when you put everything together: Sesshy's mom is still alive, InuPapa got with a human woman and got her knocked up, he decided to leave Sesshy behind and go off to die for his new family. InuPapa wasn't the best father, in my opinion. Think of the contemptuous tone of voice when he was talking to Sesshy in the "Swords" movie. Poor Sesshy was coping with the fallout of his father's philandering, and his father talked down to him and abandoned him! He was clearly young at the time, he looked between 12 and 14 to me. The rivalry between Kouga and InuYasha seems like what a 15 and 16-year-old boy would engage in as well, the instintive, not yet serious sparring between two adolescent male animals.

Logged Logged
Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I'm not sure this is right. 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 33
I have to say that I think the ages for the guys are better represented in knifethrower's approximation that that magazine. The actions of Inuyasha just seem like a teenager, I have to agree.

On a side note, did any of you ever read the unfinished fic "Growing Pains" by MontiK? It has some very interesting plot twists that have to do with the ages (mental and physical) of both Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha.

Everyone in fanfiction has the right to represent the brothers' ages in different ways, but I must say, in my fics at least, I tend to start them 5-10 years after the day Kags fell through the well so that both she and Inuyasha have a bit of time to mature, both mentally and physically. I guess as I have gotten older, my ability to write the personality and persona's of teenagers has become more difficult. I tend to think that Inuyasha is over 200 when shot with the arrow, based on the Swords movie. Sesshy is probably twice that. I also think that Shippou is probably way older in years that his appearance speaks.

Aging of Hanyous and Youkai, even aging between different species is a very different and interesting facet of many fics. I think it is one of the most interesting things to read - to actually see what each author will do with that is great.

Okay, enough ranting...Sessylove219 out!

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
MoonlightSerenade
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I'm not sure this is right. 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 10
I'm not to sure about their ages, but i love that caption beneath Sesshoumaru's picture. "the cold and ruthless" it says. That picture does not make him look cold or ruthless at all! Lol! XD

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:I'm not sure this is right. 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 156
The same thing was going through my head too! The cold and ruthless Sesshoumaru as a caption to a pic where he actually appears to be smiling - and the smile isn't even the "I'm going to kill you this very second" -kind!

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Maybe it's just gas...

Logged Logged
Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:I'm not sure this is right. 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 33
ROTFLMFAO!

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
PitaBread
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I'm not sure this is right. 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 15
IMO, Sesshoumaru's probably about 250 years old, and Inuyasha's about 90. How did I get this?

Firstly, Inuyasha gets +50 for his time in sleepy-land. He's gotta be at least 15 yrs old (appearing), so we're at 65. But he ages slower than humans, but faster than demons. So I gave him another 25 years for that. As for Sesshy, I took Inuyasha's 90, multiplied it by 2 (youkai must age at least twice as fast as hanyou), and added an extra 70 years before Inuyasha was born. I dunno, it's my theory. But as far as I'm concerned, I don't count the movies. They're not canon, meaning they didn't actually happen. We DON'T actually know what happened the night Inuyasha was born. In fact, the name "Izayoi" doesn't even appear in the manga. HEY! That's a good question for our "Fact or Fiction" game! XD Sesshoumaru is way older than Inuyasha, but he's not THAT old. If you think about it, he's QUITE young when we first see him in the manga, and he matures very quickly in the year that the manga happens, so he might even be younger than my 250. And he's experienced, but he's not THAT experienced. He's not dumb like Inuyasha (look! My attack didn't work! Let's do it again!) but he doesn't know everything.

Anywho, that's my opinion. Take it or leave it. :]

Logged Logged

Lemons and Reviews are love...
Time on my hands
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:I'm not sure this is right. 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 3
I have a copy of the Inuyasha Profiles that Viz put out based on the manga. It lists their ages as:

Sesshoumaru 19

Inuyasha 15

Koga 15

Shippo 7

But it also clearly states that these ages are in human years. It does not give any reference as to how that relates in demon years. I guess there is a formula for conversion, but I haven't found it anywhere. So without the correct formula, then anything logical could apply.

As an unrelated side note, this book contains comments by Rumiko Takahashi on various subjects. Something I found quite funny: "Inuyasha's ears feel like five uncooked Chinese dumpling shells atop one another."

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.