Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
The well home....
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: The well home....
Lady_Mist
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The well home.... 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 17
We've all seen the stories; well gets destroyed, Kagome can't go home, blah blah blah. But I've been thinking; while the well might be destroyed, the hole is still there. I mean think about, it's nothing but a deep hole surrounded by wood. If the wood part is suddenly destroyed, would the hole still work? I mean, the wood part of the well is only a fraction of the entire well. Why would it suddenly stop working if only that part were destroyed?

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
aoieyes
Pup
graphgraph
Re:The well home.... 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
the wood that is used for the well is from the Goshinboku, or The Tree of Ages. I think that if anyother type of wood would be used the well wouldnt work the same. Its the 'time' aptribute from the tree, that makes it possible for time travel. but thats just my perception. someone else will probably say differently.

Logged Logged

I might not have very many talents, but I can still squeeze an orange in your eye!!!
Phoenix
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:The well home.... 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
I believe it was explained in the first movie about the wood that was used to make the bone eater well came from a 'Tree of time'. So if that wood was destroyed the portal would cease. Been a while since I watched the movie so I don't remember the specifics.

Logged Logged
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:The well home.... 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 31
Personally, the well being distroyed brings up a time paradox of sorts. Think about it (and be warned, I’m digging deep in time paradox theories here).

The well can only be distroyed in the future (present), because it cannot change the past if destroyed after the fact (so to speak).

If the well was distroyed in the past, it must be rebuilt again before Kagome's first journey down the well.

If not then she would never be able to be pulled through the well by Mistress Centipede the first time. Then all her adventures in the well would have never happened as time would have to reset itself to correct the time flow/stream.

If the well is distroyed, and Kagome still finds herself in the past and with memories of traveling down the well then the well must be fixed at some point in the 500 years (give or take) between then and her first trip.

Something else that could happen is that if the well gets destroyed (and stays destroyed ) and Kagome remains in the past, her memories would change to show a different method of getting to the past. For instance, there may be a hole in the base of the God Tree, etc. Whatever the method of transport, if she has her memories and still remains (with the well permanently destroyed), then time must keep itself on course and create a new passage to get Kagome there. This will show with new memories of her travels between past and present.

With time travel, everything effects everything else. You may totally screw up your timeline or it may actually be the path that time must follow to end where your present currently is. That is the danger with time travel, not knowing what could change things.

Of course, that isn’t even scraping the surface of possibilities of multiple universes that could branch off from the well being destroyed. The possibilities are endless.

But to put it simply:

If the well is destroyed and never fixed before Kagome is born, then -
    She never travels back in time
    She never meets Inuyasha
    She would not meet Sesshoumaru
    There is no reason for an anime or manga to show her adventures in the Feudal Era with Inuyasha
    Without the anime and manga, or Kagome and Sesshoumaru, there would be no fan base for the show
    And thusly, there would be no Dokuga
    And finally, we would not be here, in this forum, reading this thread.

Sad to think about, isn’t it. It would, in essence, affect us.

And it’s all because of time paradoxes and a simple wooden well.

Logged Logged

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:The well home.... 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 27
I have to say I really enjoy your little ramble phishbon3s and you make really great points about the entire thing. It really makes you think... a lot... in circles almost. LOL

Logged Logged

phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:The well home.... 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 31
Angelic Memories wrote:
I have to say I really enjoy your little ramble phishbon3s and you make really great points about the entire thing. It really makes you think... a lot... in circles almost. LOL

Rambling is what I do best, Angelic dear! Glad you liked it. The crap I theorize about mogwais can entertain my hubby for the whole weekend and fill a notebook! Luckily he is as nuts as me! Time travel and paradoxes are circular logic..... or is that a morbius loop?!. *insert MST3K Mantra here*

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/21 14:52 By phishbon3s. Reason: correct spelling has been applied!

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.