Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Kagome Eyes
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Kagome Eyes
JessiCeleste89
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Kagome Eyes 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
I read alot of fanfictions and they always say Kagome's are blue. Where did that come up with that? Because on the anime her eyes are brown.

Logged Logged

~~~I claim Inu No Taisho\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\'s eyes~~~
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Kagome Eyes 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 156
They are blue in the manga. Though it's hard to tell most of the time since it's in black and white, but yeah. I don't know why they changed her eye colour to brown for the anime.

Edit:
Example image
I browsed for a while and I think this one shows her eyes as blue pretty well. I need to admit that her eyes appeared grey (or blue) to me in many of the pictures. But not brown, in any of the coloured manga scans. :3

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/10/26 23:56 By Chie.
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Kagome Eyes 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: -666
There is already a thread regarding this

dokuga.com/forum/6-general-discussion/19262-kagomes-eyes

I feel like there was another one beside this one... Anyways, I know it seems like a new topic, but it really has been discussed to death.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Kittylin
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome Eyes 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
I think it's just a preference people have when choosing between the two in fanfics.

I think they changed it in the anime because its extremely unlikely for a person of japan to have blue eyes.

Also I think they only wanted the demons to have funky eye colors. Having Kagome have blue eyes would just confuse the viewers.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/06 01:45 By Kittylin.
JessiCeleste89
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Kagome Eyes 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 3
They should of kept Kagome eyes blue. I think it would of looked better.

Logged Logged

~~~I claim Inu No Taisho\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\'s eyes~~~
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Kagome Eyes 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 78
I like the idea of Kagome's eyes being blue, because it opens up some possibilities. We are never told the story behind Kagome's father. I prefer to think that grandpa is Kagome's mother's father, and that her mother grew up at the shrine. With Kagome's long legs and blue eyes, her father could have been from another country, besides Japan, or even come through the well. Kagome's mother talked about Kagome's father, but didn't give any concrete details, and he was not at the hospital when Kagome was born, just grandpa and mother. Not that I am fond of "Kagome is not human" stories (except for the awesome ones), but I like NOT KNOWING.

Logged Logged
Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Kagome Eyes 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 20
I agree with knifethrower, the thing about her blue eyes may very well have to do with the unknown origins of her father. It could also be indicative of her being a powerful miko as well. It the thrill of not knowing and drawing your own conclusions that makes it sooo nice. Think about it... how did that jewel end up inside her body to begin with? And who's to say that her father did not come through the well? Oh, the suspense!

Logged Logged
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Kagome Eyes 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 66
Kagome not being human? Nah, can't go with that theory. Asians having blue eyes is EXTREMELY rare, but it happens. Maybe you're right. Kagome's father may not be Japanese. No one really knows what happened to him. Perhaps, he DID travel through the well.

As for why they changed her eyes to brown, I don't understand why that was done. It takes away the mysterious behind Kagome's origins.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.