Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
What Was I THINKING??
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: What Was I THINKING??
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:What Was I THINKING?? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 78
I love sentence fragments.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
not-active
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:What Was I THINKING?? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 16
I reread one of my lemons today to get myself started on a new lemon.

It's littered with passive voice and has very little sentence variation. It was so horrible haha. And in an attempt to speak more prose-like, some of my sentences don't even make sense. It's filled with vague-sounding garbage.

I've totally been there with the 'what was I thinking?' thing.

Logged Logged
MiserablySweet
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:What Was I THINKING?? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 13
Haha

Read my story: Nothing to Live For at FF.net

You haven't seen stupidity until you read my stupid first fic.

Our vocabulary and speech changes daily from interactions. It's only natural to look back and see why our work from the past seems a bit... bleh... compared to us now.

Hope you guys won't laugh at me
I wrote it 3 years ago =/ age 16ish...

Naivety controls my whole world for some apparent reason.

Logged Logged
Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:What Was I THINKING?? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 31
I think most of us do...I have them all the time. That's kinda why I always have writting lapses...lol.

Logged Logged
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:What Was I THINKING?? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 9
For lack of a better word: Ditto, I have the same feeling about my art as well and that's just as bad as my old fanfics *shivers* :|

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
What Was I THINKING?? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 26
I think we had a thread similar to this one before a while back, but I just couldn't help but post this anyway.

I was just reading one of my older stories and I almost couldn't stop myself from rolling my eyes over and over again!

I mean the grammar mistakes, the over-use of commas, the sentence fragments, the other miscellaneous errors and exposures of wanton stupidity... it was almost physically painful!! I'm positive my grammar is not perfect even now, but I just look at my old works and wonder WHAT WAS I THINKING??!! When I first started writing, I thought my stories were pretty good, but looking back at them now... well, lets just say I'm not left with feelings of pride.

Do any of the rest of you feel this way?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/10/07 01:59 By Lady Sianna. Reason: Temporary brain malfunction.

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
Bleuborzoi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What Was I THINKING?? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1
I dug up my ancient fics not too long ago, and not only did I wonder "What was I thinking!?!," I also wondered: "What were they thinking!?"

I have no idea how my readers ever figured out what I was trying to say through all that awful spelling and grammar. Why they even read it in the first place is beyond me. Bad grammar and spelling are an almost immediate no-go for me when I'm looking for a new fanfiction to read.

Logged Logged
FayeMegan
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:What Was I THINKING?? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 24
Well, we all had to start somewhere! Instead of being ashamed of your old work, you should be proud of yourself now and how much you have grown.

Faye

Logged Logged
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:What Was I THINKING?? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 26
I don't really have anything recent (that's good, anyway) to compare my old writing to now, but when I look back on the things I used to write... *Cringes* Well, I obviously tried too hard. Want an example? Here's one, written about two or three years ago:

"He could not understand why she was always on his mind, disrupting his once well-ordered thoughts into something that bordered dangerously close to the lands of utter chaos. The renowned rein he continuously held over his emotions had slowly began to crumble over the last year, silently driving the stoic lord insane as just a little bit more of his control seemed to slip through his fingers with each passing day. It was like nothing he had ever experienced before."

*Shakes head at self* -__-

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.