Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Inuyasha sequel season renewal and writer's block.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Inuyasha sequel season renewal and writer's block.
Anna
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Inuyasha sequel season renewal and writer's block. 2 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I know there have been other threads about the sequel here but I think I was just feeling a little down and wanted to let some things out.. I was introduced to the inuyasha world in 2020 only and was immediately drawn to the sesskag ship. Found this beautiful place called dokuga, my safe haven.. But winter 2020 and Yashahime is announced. Tried my hand at some oneshots to get over the depressing feeling and as my pieces were somewhat were well received, I found it easier to get over it. Today the season 2 trailer was announced and i felt the same way all over again.

I wondered what I could do to get over this and came here to Dokuga. This is my first forum post as I was desperate. It led to this huge writer's block and feeling off in general. If anyone reads this I would love to hear about their thoughts on the sequel and how to get over a writer's block.

And if it's not too much of a trouble, I would love if someone suggests me a few (their own or someone else's) good oneshots for now.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha sequel season renewal and writer's block. 2 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 109
Hey, so I haven't seen Yashahime, but I can help you with fic recs! I'm on my phone so I'll tell you author names as I can't connect to stories.
Chie and Sage McMae have good oneshots, so do Mythicamagic and Tally Mark! Tally Mark's stuff is on the Spark site though
And I think I have a few oneshots? I have a lot more suggestions, just can't think of them right now.
Oh, some of those oneshots (especially Mythicamagic's) might be MA. NO YIMs There plz!

Happy Reading!
Also, I believe the SessKag Archive on tumblr has fic rec lists available, including lists of oneshots.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2021/08/08 08:02 By kaoruhana. Reason: typos
Anna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha sequel season renewal and writer's block. 2 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you so much for replying... Mythicamagic and Chie are my two of my favourite authors here. Though I haven't read all of their works.. I'll make sure to check out the others ..and yours too.. Thank you for the info once again.. I really needed to interact with the community lately.. <3

Logged Logged
Silinara
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha sequel season renewal and writer's block. 2 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 77
It helps me to remember that the original author of the Inuyasha manga isn't the one who wrote Yasahime and has stated in interviews that she intended Sesshoumaru and Rin to have a father/daughter relationship in response to it.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha sequel season renewal and writer's block. 2 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 156
Thank you so much for the rec, Kaoru!

Tally Mark recently posted two of her fics on Dokuga, too!

Here is the fav one shot list compiled during an event.

Here is SessKag Archive's Fluff One Shot List.

Here is an AO3 collection for SessKag Fluff Fics (not necessarily just one shots)

EDIT BY WICCAN: Be aware that these stories all have different ratings and lists may contain M and MA rated fics! NO YIMs on those!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2021/08/08 12:24 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: insert ratings stuffs
gingersnaps
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha sequel season renewal and writer's block. 2 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 3
Silinara wrote:
It helps me to remember that the original author of the Inuyasha manga isn't the one who wrote Yasahime and has stated in interviews that she intended Sesshoumaru and Rin to have a father/daughter relationship in response to it.

Oh, I didn't know this! That is definitely reassuring to know. Thanks for sharing!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2021/08/09 02:15 By gingersnaps. Reason: typo :P
Anna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha sequel season renewal and writer's block. 2 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Silinara wrote:

Thank you so much for this info. This is really a comfort.

Logged Logged
Anna
Pup
graphgraph
Chie wrote:
Thank you so much for the rec, Kaoru!

Tally Mark recently posted two of her fics on Dokuga, too!

Here is the fav one shot list compiled during an event.

Here is SessKag Archive's Fluff One Shot List.

Here is an AO3 collection for SessKag Fluff Fics (not necessarily just one shots)

EDIT BY WICCAN: Be aware that these stories all have different ratings and lists may contain M and MA rated fics! NO YIMs on those!!

Thank you so much Chie for the recs and replying to this post. This makes me feel really happy and comforted. <3

Logged Logged
Jade
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha sequel season renewal and writer's block. 2 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 4
Yea, because it's by someone else, I basically look at it as more like a fan fiction with an art team.

Logged Logged
BunnyWK
Pup
graphgraph
Silinara wrote:

Wait. What?
I'm so confused here. Here I thought Rumiko Takahashi was the one responsible for the sequel, and now you're saying that's not the case? And on top of that, she wanted Sesshoumaru and Rin to have a more father/daughter relationship?

I feel so... lost here with that information.
Don't get me wrong, it doesn't mean I'll give the sequel a go, the whole idea of Rin with Sesshoumaru just throws me off too much, along with other issues.

Logged Logged
mythicamagic
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha sequel season renewal and writer's block. 2 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 21
Giggi wrote:
Silinara wrote:

Wait. What?
I'm so confused here. Here I thought Rumiko Takahashi was the one responsible for the sequel, and now you're saying that's not the case? And on top of that, she wanted Sesshoumaru and Rin to have a more father/daughter relationship?

I feel so... lost here with that information.
Don't get me wrong, it doesn't mean I'll give the sequel a go, the whole idea of Rin with Sesshoumaru just throws me off too much, along with other issues.

Yep. There's even a Yashahime manga coming out ALSO not made by Rumiko. In fact if you look at her reaction to it, it's like she wasn't even asked or told about the Spinoff manga. She said she 'thought it was a joke' but is happy some other guy is making it. I think its safe to say Yashahime and its manga are in Sunrises hands, not Rumikos. It comes off to me that she drew the three main girls- but has no other say in Yashahime. She's pretty much done with Inuyasha as a franchise so I don't think she cares what happens to it- she just gives a thumbs up when its customary to, at least that's my impression from the information offered. She clarified that Sesshoumaru and Rin were meant to be a parental relationship after Yashahime aired.

Logged Logged
Elizabeth
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Inuyasha sequel season renewal and writer's block. 2 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
This is such a relief to hear. The new series sounds like such a departure from our favorite pairing here it comes across as blasphemy, if not simply revisionism. I won't go looking for it, or watch it at all. Well, maybe, if only to mock it mercilessly

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.